thx mythic for wizard changes

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Snare and root don't share immunity in rvr, only in pve. Don't think there is any immunity to snare in rvr actually.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Leel said:
Snare and root don't share immunity in rvr, only in pve. Don't think there is any immunity to snare in rvr actually.

They do share immunity, at least casted ones however.

When casting a snare it sets no immunity. that means you can consta snare someone and you can root them.

When casting root it sets an immunity, this means you can not root OR snare someone... been this way since outset and there is no easy way for mythic to change it without a total change in code that they not willing to spend the time trying to do.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
would be quite good if so, need check whit bott if true, thou never know if work like "true" rvr in duels.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Boosting an albcaster class, guess we'll see even more albcasters out in rvr zerging/adding on everything now \o/ As if sorcs and cabas wasnt enough.... :x

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well I honstley think this is a way for mythic to kill the game in time for W.A.R

Tuppe said:
when runemaster bolts reach same dmg what wizard doing atm in 1.83?

To be honest, I do think mythic is activly trying to pick off the game population slowly intime for W.A.R release in a year, and this is one big step closer to that goal.

Having instakill max range chars with no point in the game what so ever, then giving them Nearsight and higher nuke damage (yea thats what they needed) and thinking this would make them do less sieging/serg has to be a nobrainer.
Not even mythic is that stupid...

I guess it would be okay if they removed all heretics and rerealmed them to mid instead. Then I wouldnt say a negative word about it. But having the halfwit solution of: Lets nerf the mid instakillers with high range (warlocks if anyone missed that) (which is good imo) and give it to alb + NS and let them keep their horribly OverPowered siege instawin 1 button Heretics untouched. Get a f***ing clue Mythic, either reinstate (and I dont believe Im saying this) Banshees/Warlocks as in beta with bugs and all or Heavy Nerf either Firewizz or Heretic monster ress. (using the "rather 3 buggy realms with horrible instakill/kill through wall classes than just 1 realm with it all"-logic here )

/Charmangle

ps. Edit, I do think that wizzes needed some sort of grouper friendliness but this hardly is it. Just give Cold spec caster speed and remove it from sorcs for example...and maybe a instamess ? (ofc after reducing sorcs messrange to 1500 and reducing firewizz bolt damage to the same as runemasters)) ds.

Eyres

Banned
have read what some people have said, obviously they have no clue how runies have to spec so i suggest you go look on charecter builder or read what zebolt said

Zebolt said:
Yeah cuz' so many RM's have a proper nearsight aswell as debuff and nuke with the best bolts :p

RM is either best bolts and debuff or best nuke and low nearsight.

and i forgot wizzies got heat debuffs too off nukes aswell? ..... bit silly

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Ehhhh....

Garbannoch said:
It's impossible to kill someone with bolts if he uses spec AF or AF charges; it's also (almost) impossible to kill anyone covered by the 300 pts bainshee ablative (not only is the damage reduced by 300 pts but it also calculates the crit damage based on the reduced damage).

Ehhh...I still have screenshots of Alaron hitting me for 1800+ with 1 of his bolts with all up + resists...(ofc it happened 1 time but its quite usual that he (and other highrr wizzes) hits for atleast 1000+ with the first and 500+ with second one which is instakill on any caster)

Its all a matter of beeing rr 7+ so you can afford the high Mom and WP Ra's and beeing templated I guess...but point here beeing that those instakill hits are the only reason to why you would ever play a wiz...and that just makes it a pathetic class. So give them some love that gives them groups and reduce their instakillpossibility damage...

/Charmangle
ps. Had to respec my rm to 26 supp for some NS and get a template with 1600 hp in it to put up atleast some fight vs him (alaron) when we had our late night "boltouts" in the beginning of NF. Now even that wount help!:/ ds.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
charmangle said:

How dare Alb get a class that can, at long last, help in keep defence/takes. Lets face it Mids have warcocks, Hibs have Animists and Albs have, until recently had.........heretics?

You just typify alot in game. You are quite happy to run in a realm that has for so long had ridiculously op'd classes, however now the tables are a tad more balanced you come here and qq. Take off your blinkers.

E_E

Loyal Freddie
Eyres said:
have read what some people have said, obviously they have no clue how runies have to spec so i suggest you go look on charecter builder or read what zebolt said

and i forgot wizzies got heat debuffs too off nukes aswell? ..... bit silly

No1 from hib or mid should ever ever ever!!! whine about wizards dont make yourself look dumb, in any way both realms have better caster than wizards even with the new boost wizard are gimped...

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
hmm....

elbeek said:
You just typify alot in game. You are quite happy to run in a realm that has for so long had ridiculously op'd classes, however now the tables are a tad more balanced you come here and qq. Take off your blinkers.
Ehhh...have you read any of my posts at all or you just guessing here ?
There isnt a post in here where warlocks have been mentioned that I havent supported them beeing nerfed (now can you say the same about your classes mr. HorseBlinker ?)

Its simple, no class should have high range instakill possiblity! Is that so hard to grasp ?:/ And giving such a class NS and damage boost is just rediculous...just freaking give them stuff that makes them fit in a group instead...is that so hard to see/understand ?

Siege comment:
Albs have heretics, firewizzes and Scouts.
Hibs have: Animists (banshees before but they are quite nerfed from beeing instakillers in siege I think...?)
Mids: Had warlocks but they as banshees have been nerfed to no problem. (And I have faced alot of them when playing hib)

E_E said:
No1 from hib or mid should ever ever ever!!! whine about wizards dont make yourself look dumb, in any way both realms have better caster than wizards even with the new boost wizard are gimped...

Well, there are more people showing "dumbness" apparently. Its not a matter of better or more utility casters. Its a matter of range. A highrr firewizz have instakill potention vs all other casters that doesnt have DI. (and that potential becomes quite high when you are above rr7 if you spec him right). There is no other caster in game that can handle that since they will get a text that says: "Your target is not in range" when they try. Ofc Wizzes arent as good in fg fights but thats not the point here...or rather the oposite. We want them to get powers that make them more interresting in groups but giving them more solo damage isnt it! (just as giving mids a high range instakill class wasnt the way to solve mids siege problems). Get it ?

/Charmangle

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
charmangle said:
Ehhh...have you read any of my posts at all or you just guessing here ?
There isnt a post in here where warlocks have been mentioned that I havent supported them beeing nerfed (now can you say the same about your classes mr. HorseBlinker ?)

Its simple, no class should have high range instakill possiblity! Is that so hard to grasp ?:/ And giving such a class NS and damage boost is just rediculous...just freaking give them stuff that makes them fit in a group instead...is that so hard to see/understand ?

Siege comment:
Albs have heretics, firewizzes and Scouts.
Hibs have: Animists (banshees before but they are quite nerfed from beeing instakillers in siege I think...?)
Mids: Had warlocks but they as banshees have been nerfed to no problem. (And I have faced alot of them when playing hib)

Well, there are more people showing "dumbness" apparently. Its not a matter of better or more utility casters. Its a matter of range. A highrr firewizz have instakill potention vs all other casters that doesnt have DI. (and that potential becomes quite high when you are above rr7 if you spec him right). There is no other caster in game that can handle that since they will get a text that says: "Your target is not in range" when they try. Ofc Wizzes arent as good in fg fights but thats not the point here...or rather the oposite. We want them to get powers that make them more interresting in groups but giving them more solo damage isnt it! Get it ?

/Charmangle

Try to learn what insta kill is... insta for that matter to.. Castin 2 bolts and when u get lucky acctually killin a casters is in noway a instakill..

U should really try to play a wizz before u say what u say mate I really really think so

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
elbeek said:
How dare Alb get a class that can, at long last, help in keep defence/takes. Lets face it Mids have warcocks, Hibs have Animists and Albs have, until recently had.........heretics?

So sorcs and cabas have always been useless in keep action ?

And the warlock is now only good for spreadheal which now has to be cast powerless in the confines of the inner keep to be worthwhile. You may as well just give wizzies baseline lafjtap too then they can heal quicker too. Theres enough alb caster zerg atm that stop at nothing to chase any 1 char halfway over odins or hump every bridge for 2 hours waiting for the rr2 middies to come along. Its just the SM which is now mids comparable caster to alb casters.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Ckiller said:
Try to learn what insta kill is... insta for that matter to.. Castin 2 bolts and when u get lucky acctually killin a casters is in noway a instakill..

U should really try to play a wizz before u say what u say mate I really really think so

It's quite simple really. The poster is jealous^^

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Eh...are you joking or ?

Ckiller said:

Eh are you joking or seriously that dumb ?

Instakill if you want to mark words would be a kill that happens instantly without any delay what so ever and in an online game doesnt exist.

But if you have half a brain and can graps simple concepts, it means that you get killed without beeing able to do anything about it. That means having 2 bolts in the air, at more than standard range, which kills the target would be an instantkill (not to mention that highrr wizzes quite often only need 1), if not in the letter of the word, but in the understanding of it.

Now how hard could that be to understand ?

AND I have played a wizz and know precisly how they work at decent rr...so I really really think you should try play a RC runie before you say what you say.

/Charmangl

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
I agree...

CorNokZ said:
:wanker:

Wizards needed love mkay?

I agree...wholeheartedly with suger on top...if there is a class in game except for gimp thanes (and no I dont think the latest castingspeed love was worth the paper that it might have been printed it on:) its the wizzes...

But please give them stuff that makes them more interresting to group with and lower their bolt damage. Dont give them even more stuff that will make them haunt the towers/bridges and be shunned by groups.

As I said before I do think giving them casters speed and removing it from sorcs would do the trick, and maybe giving them an instamess and reducing range on sorcs mess to 1500, that would make them invaluable in groups ? (casters speed, damage and instamess must be interresting even in albgroups!:)

/Charmangle

Septina

Part of the furniture
CorNokZ said:
:wanker:

Wizards needed love mkay?

Agree with that and hopefully atleast a few of the no good fotm sorc/caba players roll over to the newest fotm class. :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
charmangle said:
But if you have half a brain and can graps simple concepts, it means that you get killed without beeing able to do anything about it. That means having 2 bolts in the air, at more than standard range, which kills the target would be an instantkill (not to mention that highrr wizzes quite often only need 1), if not in the letter of the word, but in the understanding of it.

People who get 1 shot by a bolt (no matter which caster) need to re-check their resists/template.
In no way can you compare Wiz damage to pre nerf insta killing Warlocks with their chamber + cast which is 3 DDs (direct damage and a bolt aint direct damage).
Bolt are easily healable even if 1 bolt would do as much as 1200 damage as you normally see them comming and know a second one is comming shortly after so you can pre heal it before it lands.
Direct (warlock) damage cannot be pre healed as the damage (as the name might give away) is direct and theres no delay in it.

I've played many casters in both Alb and hib but I've never been hit for 1000+ with bolts, ever.
Highest was a while ago on my Cabby for 850ish and some time ago on my Chanter for 800ish aswell though never even got near 1k+.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Ehhh...hmm...

Andrilyn said:
People who get 1 shot by a bolt (no matter which caster) need to re-check their resists/template.
In no way can you compare Wiz damage to pre nerf insta killing Warlocks with their chamber + cast which is 3 DDs (direct damage and a bolt aint direct damage).
Bolt are easily healable even if 1 bolt would do as much as 1200 damage as you normally see them comming and know a second one is comming shortly after so you can pre heal it before it lands.
Direct (warlock) damage cannot be pre healed as the damage (as the name might give away) is direct and theres no delay in it.

I've played many casters in both Alb and hib but I've never been hit for 1000+ with bolts, ever.
Highest was a while ago on my Cabby for 850ish and some time ago on my Chanter for 800ish aswell though never even got near 1k+.

Eh...by no means ? Are you sure of that ? (there basically isnt a template in all of mid that doesnt have capped heatresists...basenuke damage of hib is heat foi) and all of us have gotten hit by 1500+ damage bolts by firewizzes with everything up. Now Im not saying this happens every bolt, but it happens. And to top that off a hit for 900-1000 is common in spec bolt, and 500+ on secondary bolt. And thats with capped resists. That is when we are talking about firewizzes with atleast wp 4 and MoM4 probably higher. But thats beside the point, thing is you do extremly often get instakilled (with that I mean both bolt taking you out since you have no healing). It happened to me 2 times on sm at glen t4 today.

You pose the argument that it should be healable inbetween the bolts, well thats rediculous its 1 second inbetween the 2 and the healer doesnt know about it before the 1 one hits, but thats beside the point. DI would ofc take care of that. But Im talking about non grouped people. In a fg fight firewizzes are nonexistant (well there are a few that get group but thats the exception that confirmes the rule). Its in siege they are OP and its in siege they got their freaking boost...just freaking give them Grouper friendly stuff instead...I never said I dont think they should get a boost, just reduce the damage on bolts and give them heavy goodies for group...(I.E Read every post above yours that Ive answered)

/Charmangle

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:

Aye, its so obvious when you see a bolt go towards you what caster it will hit ;O

Weird, been hit on my ranger (!) for over 1K on effective 38-40% resists and 700+ AF. Must be me having bad luck all the time getting hit for real excessive damage.

Dont justify caster-damage, thats my motto :/

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Damn puppet...you and me agreeing on something...

Puppet said:
Aye, its so obvious when you see a bolt go towards you what caster it will hit ;O

Weird, been hit on my ranger (!) for over 1K on effective 38-40% resists and 700+ AF. Must be me having bad luck all the time getting hit for real excessive damage.

Dont justify caster-damage, thats my motto :/

Damn puppet you and me on the same side in a discussion for once...Im sure the world stopped in its path for a second there ?:)

/Charmangle

ps. And Ofc you are right!:) ds.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
charmangle said:
But please give them stuff that makes them more interresting to group with and lower their bolt damage. Dont give them even more stuff that will make them haunt the towers/bridges and be shunned by groups

I hardly EVER go solo since I'd either get steamed or ownd by a stealther or two or a fg finds me.. And I never haunt towers or bridges :p

Good with the new changes, so we can get more grps

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Well with 50% fire resists (which Mids should have atleast and Hibs should atleast have 40+%) the Max damage you can be hit by a bolt with a perfect crit and the caster that has MoM5 and AA5 is 1392 damage and that's only taking resists in effect not AF because I don't know how the calculation is for AF but it would only take the damage done down.
So saying people constant hit you for 1200+ with bolts then it's either:

- You have no resists up.
- You have no shields up.
- You haven't got shields and resists up.
- Caster realm has 2-3 Power relics.
- Very lucky 50% crit by the bolt caster.

So for a person to constant crit for that damage he needs MoM5 AA5 and WP5 to get a 50% crit chance.
That's rr11l3 and no Purge or MoC or anything else, If someone is that high RR and spends every single point he has into passives and has no actives surely he should be able to do this amount of damage for sacrificing(sp?) that much?

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
A couple of things...

Andrilyn said:
Well with 50% fire resists (which Mids should have atleast and Hibs should atleast have 40+%) the Max damage you can be hit by a bolt with a perfect crit and the caster that has MoM5 and AA5 is 1392 damage and that's only taking resists in effect not AF because I don't know how the calculation is for AF but it would only take the damage done down.
So saying people constant hit you for 1200+ with bolts then it's either:

- You have no resists up.
- You have no shields up.
- You haven't got shields and resists up.
- Caster realm has 2-3 Power relics.
- Very lucky 50% crit by the bolt caster.

So for a person to constant crit for that damage he needs MoM5 AA5 and WP5 to get a 50% crit chance.
That's rr11l3 and no Purge or MoC or anything else, If someone is that high RR and spends every single point he has into passives and has no actives surely he should be able to do this amount of damage for sacrificing(sp?) that much?

Well first of all if you are right...then first bolt hits for 1392 and second for 500 that equals 1892 and how much hp did a caster have now again ? (oh yea 1500:ish that means he dies)

Secondly:
Cant prove it atm, but that just isnt how it works!:/ What ever the numbers tell ya...Ive been hit for atleast 1600 with shields and fireresists up...I cant prove you wrong so not much to go on except I just dont think you have all the facts/numbers of the code. And ofc that its only myself I have to convince of this!:)

/Charmangle

ps. Bah dont have my aughealer bot anymore so just run with red shaman and CL-Body,Energy & Spirit resists nowdays!:/ ds.

Septina

Part of the furniture
kek.jpg

Lubly. :)

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
The reason Wizards were updated was quite simple, they offered no utility to a group and did the same or less damage than other casters. For a class that was supposed to be the primary damage class in the realm this was unacceptable.

The arguament that Wizards should have got utility over damage is not valid. To do that would have broken the design the class. What Mythic have done to the class is perfectly correct, they have given Wizards more damage and kept the utility near enough the same.

As I have stayed the same spec as I was before, 50 Fire 20 Earth, I have traded a low level root for a low level nearsight. What I have got is more damage which is absolutely correct, before there was no reason to take a Wizard over a Sorcerer, Theurgist or Cabalist because if they could all keep up with the damage of a Wizard and offer tons more utility, now at least Wizards have a shot at being grouped because of the extra damage and the changes made to so called utility spells.

If people want to nerf caster damage overall then fine, but with this patch Wizards have been put back into, or very near to, their correct place with regards to other casters in the game.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
E_E said:
did u notice he had no buffs / shields up?? on buffed caster is allomst the same as cap dmg

I don't think he was that close to see buffs dropping

edit: just noticed that was the BB that wrote it so how could I expect one like that to know anything

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Ckiller said:
Try to learn what insta kill is...
yes warlock has a 3 sec timer between chambers wizzards has 0,8 bestween bolts??both classes are retarded tbh only svg are roxor :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
E_E said:
did u notice he had no buffs / shields up?? on buffed caster is allomst the same as cap dmg

You dont see people drop buffs if you're far away. Just fyi. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom