Threads getting locked? Isn't it getting a bit too serious?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's not legal tho, the server itself is NOT illegal but using Mythics client IS illegal, what part of that is your simple mind not managing to process? the reason shards have never been taken down is because the servers themselves are not illegal, Mythic would have to basically contact every single individual with a copy of DAOC and go "Don't you dare use our client to connect to these servers or we'll sue you"

How the fuck can you be a mod if you resort to using personal insults over and over again?

I think if a Mod played Uthgard, it'd be a different story, because I don't see any damage what so ever to the forum, it's been going on for like 5-6 months now on FH, but after a mod saw the discussion and jumped on the we hate uthgard bandwagon it all seemed to change, amusing.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
How the fuck can you be a mod if you resort to using personal insults over and over again?

I think if a Mod played Uthgard, it'd be a different story, because I don't see any damage what so ever to the forum, it's been going on for like 5-6 months now on FH, but after a mod saw the discussion and jumped on the we hate uthgard bandwagon it all seemed to change, amusing.

Because you say the most silly things Gwadien

DoL servers (Freeshards) are Emulated basically, emulators in themselves are not illegal

Emulators for PSX, PS2 etc are also not illegal

BUT

When you Software wrapped in a solid TOS agreement or download a video game however this becomes illegal

Understand now?

As for things changing if a mod played on Uthgard it really wouldn't, CorNokZ plays on Uthgard if i'm not mistaken and people are free to do so - we just don't want it (or any other Freeshard) discussed here on Freddyshouse :) it's been like that for years, try digging back over some old Freeshard threads from years ago, you'll see they were locked rather quickly.

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
I never played anything else than live and done that since beta! Been on BW and FH since the beginning! This is just a big LOL! Ppl have talked about uthgard for a very long time! Good to see you lock it now! But its silly u have accepted it for over 6 months, when u have had a rule about freeshards to follow! Goodbye FH i believe postcount is the only active live daoc forum anyways

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
CryingBaby.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I never played anything else than live and done that since beta! Been on BW and FH since the beginning! This is just a big LOL! Ppl have talked about uthgard for a very long time! Good to see you lock it now! But its silly u have accepted it for over 6 months, when u have had a rule about freeshards to follow! Goodbye FH i believe postcount is the only active live daoc forum anyways

There wasn't any mods in this arse end of the forums before, now there are.

People should think them selves lucky there is even a DAOC area on the forum, other dead games have had their sub-forums closed.

Also interesting to note that the people bitching aren't even subscribers so have not paid anything towards the upkeep of the forums (Deebs' beer money) If you don't like it, don't use it. As far as I am aware, FH has offered it's services to CU, it won't help their cause if they allow potentially illegal activity to be promoted here.

Free-shard talk has never been allowed around here, just because the mods avoided this area like the plague before does not mean that you can do what you like.

I suggest you discuss that which should not be mentioned on their own forums.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

You have fun over on postcount, they don't tolerate freeshards either.

The whole "boo woo the nasty man took my toys away" is getting old now :) BW and FH has never officially allowed freeshards nor has it advertised them, its been tolerated for months now because there has been no RPG mods to question it OR to report such threads to.

I asked Deebs about freeshards rather than just go power trippy and lock them without question and he they are an absolutely no go area for this forum, if you don't like his decision you can take that up with him.

Last edited:

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Where in my post did u read that i did care about freeshards?? My point was that postcount is where the daoc community are now! So as ppl said u can just delete this section on FH:) was mostly used for the freeshard players anyway

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I want to poke at BloodOmen, but every time I think about it I look at the other thread I created, look at the GIF, laugh then decide that response alone was worth me not being an annoying twat ;)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Aahhahaha, the Jeremy Clarkson one cracked me up. Then I got sad when Terminator melted. :(

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Blood

No I didn't get booted for using buffbots :) Infact I have not dual logged at all and its quite refreshing that nobody can use bots... Frustrating maybe... but nice to actually know you can get groups.

Nibble

Part of the furniture
my post got made informative, wasnt meant to be information more of an observation mabs

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh wow, if this section is this filled with entertainment i need to get my popcorn and come back more often :LOL:

- English -

Resident Freddy
I don't get it really.. It was fair enough when DAOC was popular and they wanted a good relation with Mythic/GOA devs for coming on here, but now its a sinking ship with just the same old regulars who argue about shit and ass lick each other to think they are good. There are plenty of other forums who discuss Uthgard (ie uthgard.net).

Nibble

Part of the furniture
mods trying to enforce the rules when uthgard has been talked about on here for liek 6 months, like u said considering the 1 state of ywian 2 n actuall ppl that play and 3 even post about ywian on here is lol. all its doing by enforcing it now / locking threads. will eventually lead to banning people n then people not using FH anymore.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
mods trying to enforce the rules when uthgard has been talked about on here for liek 6 months, like u said considering the 1 state of ywian 2 n actuall ppl that play and 3 even post about ywian on here is lol. all its doing by enforcing it now / locking threads. will eventually lead to banning people n then people not using FH anymore.

TRUE FACT
freddies house is supported by Ywain players, and if they left the roof would cave in

SHIT, MAN THE LIFE BOATS !

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't get it really.. It was fair enough when DAOC was popular and they wanted a good relation with Mythic/GOA devs for coming on here, but now its a sinking ship with just the same old regulars who argue about shit and ass lick each other to think they are good. There are plenty of other forums who discuss Uthgard (ie uthgard.net).

It's more a case of "If we let people talk about freeshards where will it end?" when the next freeshard pops up for Camelot Unchained is it then deemed ok to talk about them while CU is still active/just starting its lifespan? or is then a no go area just because something new comes out? you can't change the rules just to suit a minority that want to talk freely about an illegal server. As you pointed out Uthgard has an official forum, there is nothing stopping the people having a cry about it here from going to that forum and talking about it.

It's been talked about for months because there has been no one to question it or act as a mod over it, just because you've had 6 months of free Uthgard time doesn't mean the forum rules have changed in any way shape or form and that little forum agreement you agreed to when registering on Freddyshouse is just the same as it was the day you agreed to it :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Camelot Unchained has less to do with Daoc live servers than Uthgard

Alot less

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Camelot Unchained has less to do with Daoc live servers than Uthgard

Alot less

My point was when they make an emulator to run Camelot Unchained do we let people talk about said emulator freely like people want to talk about Uthgard now?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
My point was when they make an emulator to run Camelot Unchained do we let people talk about said emulator freely like people want to talk about Uthgard now?

Once there is no legal comeback against FH the morals of it are tbh pointless.

Lets just call Uthgard >>Jerry<< from now on and thats that sorted then.

Nibble

Part of the furniture
TRUE FACT
freddies house is supported by Ywain players, and if they left the roof would cave in

SHIT, MAN THE LIFE BOATS !

clearly i meant the Daoc section, use your brain. considering there was no lock on Uthgard threads for how ever long until now. just proves how slow you are to correct things, did u also used to work for GoA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom