Thread to discuss Archery improvements!

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Lets do a bit of math taking your example of a scout with 110% range (2.42k) doing 300 dmg per rapidfire vs a caster with 10% range bonus (1.65k) range doing 500 dmg per shot. (Yes, 500 is high but so is 300 for a rapidfire shot.)

Scout dps: 200 hp/sec
Caster dps: 500hp/sec
(going by a cast time of 1s - thou a caster being able to deal that kind of damage probably nukes at 0.8-0.9 sec's per cast ending up with ~600 hp/sec)
tho casters cant stealth and pick targets as its fit them ...

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Konstantin said:

Whats so good about being able to pick a target when you'r going to get p00wned neways, just read other posts mate been over most things already, just getting repetetiv now tbh.

As said, any well played mage can pretty easily kill an Archer tbh.

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
Whats so good about being able to pick a target when you'r going to get p00wned neways, just read other posts mate been over most things already, just getting repetetiv now tbh.

As said, any well played mage can pretty easily kill an Archer tbh.
imagin other classes then, that cant stealth and cant do a shit vs archers :)

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Konstantin said:
imagin other classes then, that cant stealth and cant do a shit vs archers :)

heh, well there aint many, anyone with a shield can just laugh at Archers, and Mages can take them pretty easily, what have we got left ooh many classes the Archer can take out, and even those can get away usually.

As I said go back, read what have been said we are just repeating things atm.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Konstantin said:
What good does that when you can't kill those targets? There has got to be a golden balance, and currently archers are underperforming. The occasional big number you see is a freak occurance compared to regular combat DPS. And it's designed that way.

Try to atleast understand the basics before commenting, thanks.

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
heh, well there aint many, anyone with a shield can just laugh at Archers, and Mages can take them pretty easily, what have we got left ooh many classes the Archer can take out, and even those can get away usually.

As I said go back, read what have been said we are just repeating things atm.
can tell you svg is left :p

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Archers really are bottom of the food chain atm. We CANNOT kill any other class reliably and every other class CAN and DOES massacre us in seconds...And people wonder why we leech and add.

Certain people just dont like the idea of archers killing them, like there is a stygma attached to it? From reading all the useless waffle posted by lots of you thats the main conclusion I draw.

Im waiting for the 'well you can group up' comment. I DONT DO GROUPS I FOOKIN SOLO. I pay £20 a month (Yes, scouts are the only class in game that needs a buffbot to compete) and I want the ability to kill other classes when i'm solo (without my opponent being afk or engaged on someone else), which, is a luxury i dont have at this moment in time.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
i actually just started a new thread didnt see this one.. anyway here's my 2c
i think that archery damage across the board for all three archers is about where it should be we could maybe use a touch more but i dont see our damage being a huge problem..

The main problem i feel is that too many things actually block our damage completely..
my main concern in this respect is critical shot... this is our opener .. our main da,age attack that we (try) to shoot from stealth.. this is normally around 700-800 dmg on a caster..but varies from 500-1000 dmg depending on buffs and PD and many other things.. anyway.. this main initiating attack that we use from stealth.. is 99% of the time blocked by BT or a brittle... i would really like to know why we even have critical shot when it blatently wont hit its target.. its not so bad on shield users (crit shot that is) as most of us are clever enough to at least go behind a shield user..

but i would have thought that our initial critical shot.. is just the same as an assassins PA it is used from stealth and does a large amount of damage at the start to make up for low dps and high probability of getting interrupted or whatever b4 the actual fight starts..

now an assasin walks up to a caster or healer or whatever and at this point is still stealthed.. and the caster or healer is most likely concentrating on something else..
so the assasin PA's going right through BT and brittles.. and then.. they have a follow up style that allows them to stun their target (CD) so they can finish them off without any chance of them fighting back or running away.. AND on top of that.. they get those mez poisons.. so even the full group cant help the caster without using purge..

now i truly understand why we dont get a bow stun style and i also understand why we dont get mezz.. after all our damage is supposedly done from stealth.. and we have range on our side... but you have gotta admit.. that with all these toys an assasin has a pretty dam good chance of killing its target.. and i dont hear any casters yelling that assasins are particularly over powered...

now im sorry, but all i want is something like... 1 of the toys they get.. nothing fancy just that crit shot works like PA, then you are free to QC and interrupt me just like you always have done.. but at least i hit you mr caster.. im not gonna 1 shot you now am.. (if i am you really need to sort ur equipment out :p)

i think.. this 1 simple change would pretty much sort archers out.. we get our critical shot.. which is why its their in the first place.. and it wont make us unkillable by ANY caster. it will just mean you have to do exactly what you do now when you get attacked by an assasin.. whatever it may be that you do.. if you can indeed do anything after you have been PA'd CD'd poisoned and ur grp is mezzed.. lol

i really honestly dont see why assasins have been given all these abilities.. but it is not for me to judge.. i am not an assasin i am an archer.. and i would really like to be at least feared with my bow.. and not just in certain circumstances like standing on a keep or when theres 10 of us..

now crit shot STILL wont work if you are not standing still.. which in todays rvr happens hardly at all.. and if it does and their happens to be an assasin their.. they get the kill pretty much 80% guaranteed.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
oh oh, and just to go over a few arguments iv seen,

"you get stealth so you shouldnt be as good as a caster"
we dont want to be as "good" as a caster.. or we would already be a caster but we would like at least 1 toy that allows bow to kill a caster ( and that means BOW to kill a caster.. RA toys do not count they are aditional abilities that help you more they are not to make up for deficiencies in a class!!!
(i think crit shot being liek PA only for slightly less damage( it already is less damage) would do the job perfectly)

"but you will group and pwn me!!"
sorry but any class grouped 3v1 or 2v1 is an unfair advantage on their part and cannot be included in balancing..

"you think you should be able to solo everyone and everything"
some people may think this.. i dont.. i do however beleive that against casters.. we should have a good 65%+ chance of winning.. as we are the ones hunting you.. hence why we have stealth..and im sorry but casters are our main target as it is for assasins..(or healers i suppose)

cant think of any others iv seen atm so ill stop here

i forgot about sheilds in the last post.. unfortunatly i cant think of anything that will allow archers to have a fair chance against someone with a shield right now after crit shot hits for like 30% of their health.. and they notice.. they are pretty much completely immune to arrows untill your in melee.. so the only thing i can advise in this respect is to make sure that on average all archer classes can melee down a shield user from about 40% ? health that way if we do manage to get a couple of arrows in .. we do have a 50 50 chance of winning.. if the tank has some toys we loose if not we will win.. thats the only way i can think of of makin it fair..

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
oh my god i just noticed all the comments over a couple of pages about how we "expect to be able to solo" and "the game is not designed for solo"
holy hell people what are you talking about???

assassins and Archers both offer nothing to a group and are not needed by groups because of this.. mythic themselves said that the reason we offer nothing to a group is because we gave that up to be able to solo!!!

i made my ranger because i want to SOLO.. and it is the class that is designed to solo!!!

the ranger and scout TL's have both been given feedback for certain ability requests saying we cant have it.. because we gave up our group compatability to solo!!!

where are you pulling this stuff from that we shouldnt be able to solo?? oh my god!!!

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
problem with the pa vs crit shot argument is that with a pa, whist it does now go through brittles bt etc, you still have to line it up to the front of the target, where as crit shot can be fired from any position.

I agree something does need to be done about it though, its a wasted ability as it hits bt or brittles 99% of the time.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
lets assume ur on top of a bridge, caster is infront of it running around. . .
why cant u just try a different tactic seen as u know that 1st crit shot will be useless .. try:
rapid fire x2 1st then quickly switching to crit shot for the 1hit / leaving caster on 20%health . .followed by a normal shot or another rapid fire..

because u got the range i dont see how u can ask for ur crit shot to penetrate bt + brittle.. with PA u have to be in the right position and infront of the enemy .. so if he has buddys .. u gotta know ur stuff asap or u wont get the kill and away in time (and b4 u say it vanish is completely broken since the last patch it doesnt even kill guard aggro anymore -.- )

archers atm can do unreal dmg from so far .. i bet 90% of the peeps discussing/qqin here havent tried other tactics tbh

imo askin for crit shot to penetrate is way harsh :flame:

<runs and hides b4 the replies>:drink:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
(invisibletank) said:
lets assume ur on top of a bridge, caster is infront of it running around. . .
why cant u just try a different tactic seen as u know that 1st crit shot will be useless .. try:
rapid fire x2 1st then quickly switching to crit shot for the 1hit / leaving caster on 20%health . .followed by a normal shot or another rapid fire..

If the caster is running around, you cannot fire a critshot. Critshot requires the enemy to stand still. And it has to stand still from the moment u draw the critshot till it fires basically + abit of lag, otherwise it wont fire as critshot. Basically making critshot entirely useless on a caster who 'is running around'.

because u got the range i dont see how u can ask for ur crit shot to penetrate bt + brittle.. with PA u have to be in the right position and infront of the enemy .. so if he has buddys .. u gotta know ur stuff asap or u wont get the kill and away in time (and b4 u say it vanish is completely broken since the last patch it doesnt even kill guard aggro anymore -.- )

You describe it extremely lob-sided. If I miss a PA on a caster, there's no real harm done aslong its not a BD/WL and he doesnt pop MOC or ML9 pet. Even if he lands a QC-CC, I can purge it, further interrupting the caster till I collect the 17G.

It works entirely different with archery. Once Im QC-CC'ed (nearsighted) Im *INTERRUPTED*. Im unable to fire another shot for like 6 seconds (thats interruption + draw-time). In that time Im probably already turned into kebab by the caster. Thats why u see loads of archers jump a caster in melee: Simply because you cannot interrupt melee and it interrupts casters just fine.

archers atm can do unreal dmg from so far .. i bet 90% of the peeps discussing/qqin here havent tried other tactics tbh

imo askin for crit shot to penetrate is way harsh :flame:

<runs and hides b4 the replies>:drink:

Unreal damage? Yeah, wow I can do almost 40% of the DPS of a caster, if thats unreal, then what is caster-damage, godlike ?

We're talking here in this specific case about archer versus caster. Dont talk about archery being unreal damage in that situation, as its just pathetic as it is at the moment.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
The archer problem is a lot like the problem that used to exist with savages, sometimes they can get a huge dps (crit shot from stealth opener is technically 800 damage at 0 seconds followed by other shots ofc) while most of their time their dps is worse than comparable classes (take savages in 1.60 vs. zerks - for example) Increased dps from bow would be quite acceptable if the irregular dmg output, and possibly some easier spot-able effects (caster nuking is a lot easier to see than archer shooting - behind tree or not) were added to archers.

Of course the average caster doesn't hit for 500 dmg per second, can't stealth, can be interrupted and doesn't have sureshot, is spottet a lot easier, has quite considerably shorter range than archers, and the i-win abilities like moc or ml9 is at least equalized by the archers possiblities to run away and get the jump with FZ, PS rr5 and stealth in general.

Can't figure out why you can't use sureshot to interrupt the mage though, after he cc's you, unless it's nearsight or something ofcourse?

In all fairness I only meet and kill archers when they add on my fights with a full group, so dunno anything really :)

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Skaven said:
problem with the pa vs crit shot argument is that with a pa, whist it does now go through brittles bt etc, you still have to line it up to the front of the target, where as crit shot can be fired from any position.

I agree something does need to be done about it though, its a wasted ability as it hits bt or brittles 99% of the time.

Target has to stand still for a CRIT shot.. while you can PA moving targets...

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
ok a small idea for archers:

- Decrease bow range, make MAX 1600 range shot, (opening orsmt).
- Decrease stealth timer, make it 3 / 6 seconds orsomething. Afterall, description say's it's a class that shoots a few arrows and hides quick..
We all know 9 seconds isn't quick.

Stealth:
(ON A LEVEL FROM 1 TO 5)

Give archers a different kind of stealth ie: standing in a open field, gives a very bad stealth (for example: level 1 (on a stealth lvl 1 to 5).
Standing next to a tree gives level 3 stealth, and standing in a bush gives 5 stealth.And when ur shooting while your standing in a max stealth coverd place you keep level 1 stealth, so they have to be near you (range 500-700) to see you (but in stealth mode) and within range 300 he is totally visual for you.

Local bonuses:

In a Keep :

20% range bonus

(on a wall) 20% magic / mellee aborption bonus)

-Scouts-
Give them a flying pet, a eagle.

Recast timer 5 minutes.
Hp 500
Max 3 eagles
Lasts till death / scout out of 3000 range.
Does: Reveals all ENEMY archers in lvl 1-3 stealth or lvl 5 stealth when moving. But only for the scout. Eagle reveals the enemy by flying to the enemy archer and does 10 dmg, cannot be resisted/evaded/missed).

Increase block rate by 25/30%
Remove all shield styles.

- Hunters -

While having a pet, your stealth level is max 3. When moving it decreases to level 1.
Hunter pet dmg is increased by 25/30%, when pet hits target, hunter cannot miss with arrows.

Spell: Nordic icy wind
Cast time, 2 seconds.
Recast timer, 5/10 minutes.
Does: does a caoe nuke that does 10 dmg. to all 'cloaking/stealthing' classes in the caoe area) (so does not interupt/dmg visual classes!!!)

Is only able to wield a spear.

-Ranger-

Remove pierce/blade spec styles.
(ur able to train it though for min dmg increase)
Decrease mellee dmg with 30%
Allways hits with 2 weapons.
Give additional Celtic Dual styles (as done with vampiir in pierce spec)

-spell in pathfinding-

Bainshee echo.
Cast time: 15 seconds.
Reuse timer: 15 minutes
Does: Reveals all enemy stealth classes in the current structure (whole keep / tower etc).

Rangers,Scouts, and Hunters are INVUNERABLE for the PA / backstab from
INFILTRATORS/SHADOWBLADES/NIGHTSHADES

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Edlina said:
Of course the average caster doesn't hit for 500 dmg per second, can't stealth, can be interrupted and doesn't have sureshot, is spottet a lot easier, has quite considerably shorter range than archers, and the i-win abilities like moc or ml9 is at least equalized by the archers possiblities to run away and get the jump with FZ, PS rr5 and stealth in general.

theres nothing ingame which is equal 2 ml9 pets.
The run away and restealth possibility doesnt work if u have a pet on ur ass. The pet stays on u after restealth and pops u out of stealth.

Sureshot decrease ur dmg, moc doesnt.

Archer bow draw time is based on caped 250 quickness and Bow speed. Casters recast time is based on dex, it isnt caped at 250.

Maybe average casters doesnt do 500dmg/second but they recast so fast, alot of pepole cant use PS/IP or anything most of the time.
Its just to fast to react.

Edlina said:
Can't figure out why you can't use sureshot to interrupt the mage though, after he cc's you, unless it's nearsight or something ofcourse?

just can talk about my own experiance.
I fumbled alot with sureshot.
With sureshot u r able 2 shot even u get interupted but with decreased dmg, slower draw time (compared to casters recast time ofc) and fumble effect.

Edlina said:
In all fairness I only meet and kill archers when they add on my fights with a full group, so dunno anything really :)

u seems 2 be a nice guy, but like u said, u dont know anything about archer classes.

E_E

Loyal Freddie
Ók ill do it as short as i can..

remiove all archers and remove all stealthers..

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
Can you all.. please!!! for thelove of god!! stop including melee rangers in your arguments!! i dont care about melee rangers we are trying to talk about archery.. it has royal sod all to do with melee rangers.. if you are unhappy with how melee rangers work then start a discussion about dual wield or something.. personal with my bow specced ranger my melee damage is about perfect.. i can finish off targets from about 50% and i very rarely beat any assasin in plain combat, unless they are like 5 rr's below me.. and in that case theres no reason i shouldnt be able to pwn them..

can we try to keep the discussion about bow.. if they make bow worth being a primaryspec then you will see a lot less rangers having to use melee instead.. yes you will still get one or two.. but unfortunatly mythic have already said they will not remove/change anything that important from any class.. such as duel wield or celtic duel etc etc and tbh i dont think it needs it.

as for saying that crit shot has range and that that makes it ok for it to be negated... please remember what a guy said earlyer.. you cant use crit shot unless the target is standing still and its very rare that in rvr anyone is standing still for more than 4or5 seconds which is what it takes to pull off a crit shot.. not including the time to actually get in position....

and also.. trying to use a shot to break bt and another to break brittle.. and then doing a crit shot.. is nigh on impossible.. and ny caster with even the slightest bit of sence will run away from.. or towards the arrow.. yes there are the odd times when the caster is not paying attention and you pull it off.. but we cant rely on people being asleep/stoned to supply our kills.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Just fix it so they can spam 'out of view' msgs at bow range and archers are sorted.

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
I just made a mage, a 50 mentalist, RR2,8, mainly specced in light. I outshoot, outdamage and outearn my RR6 bow ranger. Ranger is fully ToA'ed, fully templated, fully ML'ed, and got all the fun little tricks working. Mentalist got jack all. Only arti is cloudsong, and thats lvl 0.

I just earned 15-17 k running in a pick up group with the mentalist.

I see the potential for abuse in increasing DPS in ranger, as stealth can be tough. But common, it seems the usual arguments is that no archer should ever be able to kill a visible. Is this really what is good for the game? And why is it, that fx. any hib mage can stun nuke nuke nuke and rake in the xp, while archers got a very tough time getting xp. Yes visibles get killed more often, but does that really matter as long as you get RP's in the process?

I see a stealthers role to keep the visibles on their toes. It shouldn't be risk free to run around alone in the frontiers. It should be very dangerous. And it is, but for the stealthers, not the mages.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the i-win abilities like moc or ml9 is at least equalized by the archers possiblities to run away

classic :)

B

Betrayal

As far as I see it, archers dont need improvements to perform better with other archers or assasins, but with visibles as casters (our intended main target) and support classes. We should be encouraged to shoot enemy groups support classes and casters, not hunt enemy archers and assasins. Since NF, RA changes and toa abilities, all FGs (even small duos - trios) are virtually immune to any stealther attack (not talking about zerg situations where with a good position you can shoot more than 1 arrow before being spoted). Also in NF the removal of most choke points, archers have to roam in open field to find enemies like everyone else. If any archery improvements are to be made, they should move toward this direction, to make us be able kill or anihilate a caster / support class utility.
Like arrows who decrease casting speed, progressive nearsight (damage component can be reduced, but arrows bypass brittles / pets / bts), add a stun component on critshot or give a 2nd bow style chained from critshot which stuns a short ammount of time (similar to assasin PA chain), aoe disease (and this in bow line not toa items / charges / procs). Of course all this needs to be tested and set to values which wont unballance things, but bring something to archers who spec in bow.
Shooting a druid who heals or a bad who mezzes from a fg - DI eats 2-3 arrows, then if you are not allready mezzed and stuned and nuked or nsed, he moves, and gets healed. You remain uncovered for 10 secs free to any attacks to which you cant retaliate, and no, we cant vanish like assasins after an assasination atempt. Especially with toa fights go very fast, and by time you spend to get into a "good" position to draw a shot, the wining fg is allready moving after fight.
That because mythic sayd they not interested in 1v1 or small scale rvr combat, so give us something good in big fights, so when we pop out of stealth we have a chance to kill or cripple the enemy, not wear a glowing neon sign reading: free stupid rps at 11 o'clock m8s! mezz him and let healers melee it down after we finish with the other group! ><

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Edlina said:
The archer problem is a lot like the problem that used to exist with savages, sometimes they can get a huge dps (crit shot from stealth opener is technically 800 damage at 0 seconds followed by other shots ofc) while most of their time their dps is worse than comparable classes (take savages in 1.60 vs. zerks - for example) Increased dps from bow would be quite acceptable if the irregular dmg output, and possibly some easier spot-able effects (caster nuking is a lot easier to see than archer shooting - behind tree or not) were added to archers.

If you neglect the draw-time on critshots, I suppose the burst DPS is rather high. I mean, all it does is take 3 seconds for a caster to be on an equal DPS-standing. Its nothing like savages, as savages continiously had those burst-DPS effects besides their already higher base-DPS without the quads compared to other melee-classes.

You're joking now right ? To run away ? Thats something only an archer can do? Hell, you can run out of range from an archer as a caster, before you die. Try that against a caster :O And ofcourse the i-win abilities like stealthing is atleast equalized by the other classes possiblities to stealthlore, PN, set a pet on us, keep us in combat (so we cant stealth) etc etc etc.

Because, the time it takes to draw a bow with sureshot (about 4 seconds after the CC is broken) you're already dead. You cannot combine Sureshot and Rapidfire, so you're looking at a flat-out 3-4 seconds drawtime (turn on Sureshot the moment ur CC is broken, then draw a bow). Include some archery flight-time aswell, so thats 5 seconds before I interrupt the caster again. Tho Im dead before the arrow even leaves the bow :p

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
i have sureshot, and iv even beein in situations where a caster doesnt CC me and its just me vs them.. their BT is down.. im lining up a sureshot.. in the 2-3(depending on bow) seconds it takes to line up a sureshot on my ranger the caster has nuked me once.. or possibly twice.. and for maybe 500-700 dmg per nuke (depending on rr/type of caster etc) so iv already lost more than half of my hp 2-3 seconds into this fight.. sureshot hits and interrupts the caster, line up second shot.. by the time i have either started to draw the bow again... or i have hit the rapid fire button.. the caster has shot me once more.. now if by some miracle im not already dead... the fight goes from here 1 of 2 ways.. either i have just clicked rapid fire.. in which case im now interrupted again..and dead.. or i left sureshot on and its just about to fire.. the shot leaves the bow.. the 4th nuke hits me.. and im dead or the shot doesnt manage to leave the bow.. im also dead..having done maybe 400 dmg

i decided a long time ago to remove sureshot from my QB as it is completely useless against any caster.. it has but 1 use.. and thats killing shamans 1v1.. which like never happens..

B

Betrayal

Not to mention sureshot does 50% damage where moc3 or even ui (for those who spec for it) does 75% dmg. And yes we spec 45 bow for sureshot.
Leave it at 50% damage but add a 40-50% nearsight component or Zone of Unmana single target effect and there you have a nice bow skill at 45 bow.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Betrayal said:
Not to mention sureshot does 50% damage where moc3 or even ui (for those who spec for it) does 75% dmg. And yes we spec 45 bow for sureshot.
Leave it at 50% damage but add a 40-50% nearsight component or Zone of Unmana single target effect and there you have a nice bow skill at 45 bow.

Only good thing about being a Bow Specced Archer is for Keep takes/Twrs Defence and Attack and THEN only dam good if you on assist.The Archer in the game now is practically gone and is only good in the keep/twr situations.

Mythic need to improve Archer Classes before NF I was all Bow specced and enjoyed it reason I rolled the class but with BG and Caster speed anyone speccing Bow must be MAD unless they just go Tower humping with it.

Increase damage of Rapid Fire and as for Sureshot what a complete waste that is you dead before using it as Casters seem to waste you before you even use it.

Soulja

B

Betrayal

I actually killed an unbuffed animist with sureshot after he started send bombers on me when was shooting some ranger who was trying to run. Ofc he didnt had moc, but he quick casted tho. Also good when your duo friend grapples some ns or ranger and they try to interrupt you from shooting (read PUNISH) them, you make them realise soon enough all they can do is /emote. Usually /rude ofc :p
Amnesia shouldnt work on archers who use sureshot, yet it does -----> Bugged, this should be adressed and changed.
Also, not sure if is bug or working as intended, volley is not affected by nearsight no matter the value of NS. Where volley aint good for anything else but interrupting campers of bridge rooms to cast (at best) when your own realm group climbs up to explain them in most polite way that the bridge is camped by us allready, is still nice to be able to do something when NSed in stand-off situations. But not so effective as could be (at least if all arrows where released at once and lower re-use timer as you spec higher in bow).
:m00:

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
I recently moved back to playing sniper scout rather than melee (i'm no good at melee tbh, however, i do know how to play a sniper!) and i believe the following problems exist.

1) Raw Archery DPS is shocking

Archery damage is insufficient with the plethera of defensive abilities, RA's like PD (10-20% increase in damage would straighten that)

Reduce draw times slightly either by altering quick cap or having some passive ability kick in when base bow level is lev 40, 45 and 50

2) Too many anti-archer abilities out there.

Change TrueShot (normal damage arrow with increased range) from RA to styles available at Lev's 40, 45 and 50, 10m, 3m and 30s timers and make the lev50 pass BG and shield also.

3) Interrupts and Interrupting others

Sureshot is basically worthless in the current game, add improved versions depending upon base bow level. Current version is 50% at normal fire speed. Change original to lev 40 and add improved versions at 45 and 50, lev 50 should be 75% damage at 75% draw time.

4) Escapability

Pets following stealthers once stealthed is stupidly overpowered and unfair as it doesnt allow the archers\assassins (assuming assassin doesnt have vanish or its not up) any chance of escape.

Scout class is the only archer class without a speed burst, that needs to be rectified.

Change scout rr5 ability, its more often than not suicide. Either make it a stun or make the effect un-purgeable (on both sides).

5) Range

Now this one gonna hurt Archers, but you have to offer something in return. Every other class complains about archer range, so ok, switch archers to the caster range dynamic where terrain doesnt apply. Archers retain their range advantage however from elevated positions the range advantage isnt excessive (which is the complaint now, even though the reverse occurs when an archer is shooting uphill!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom