Thoughts on Classic...

Poox

Loyal Freddie
It's nice, apart from all the Frenchies fucking up hib.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:
They said they didn't want a classic server

completly wrong, you don't even know what you're talking about :puke:

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
I am one of the anti-classic ppl here and I still hope ppl will realise its gonna be excactly the same >must-get-all-uber-items-for-temp< just in cata instead of toa...so far its ruined exc/pryd cluster and if it keeps up(to a degree, ofc it will lvl out in a few months) I'd rather go start from scratch on a US cluster WITH toa, than go to classics.

Classic is pointless with 1.81...its just for gankgrps, wannabe gankgrps and ppl who cant/wont afford 2 accs.

/Dracus

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
soon you'll all go mer mer it's sucks and come back...

just like WoW ;/

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Then there are those people who have already played on Classic, grinded through DS and RvR'd to RR5+ and moved here because a) Lamorak died b) cba to play on US hours.

Classic RvR beats TOA any day. No buffbots, and Champ levels aren't same as ML's.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
its an mmo, more time in = better result, thats the idea, sure they have taken away toa but its still the same just slightly less time needed to compete. if you want all the toys straight away then i dont think an MMO is your sort of game.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
just think of it like this for excal/pryd peeps who stayed behind

Most of the gank squads have now left to power level to 50
which means that rvr might be a bit more balanced.
artifacts normally camped by power gamers might now be available

ok its probbly not that great but the classic server is actually fun ive made lots more friends that what i did when i first moved to excalibur got a nice big guild of 80+ peeps all from different realms different servers. You meet some of the french players from other servers.

Ok it might turn into the usual omg 8v8 gg sook but at least the casuals now have a chance of catching up with some play time instead of going yay 50 ya ml10 yay artis what you mean i cant join your group because im not rr5 ?

:)

either way classic is fun it feels like a big mmo again

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Benedictine said:
The only problem with classic is the name. It should be called Alternative Rules. Classic makes people think its pre SI/Cata etc which it isn't.

Loving it so far and I'm a TOA-hating returner. I feel I am representative of many of the people on Glastonbury and would not have returned to DAOC under any form of TOA - whether it was nerfed TOA or not.

It was never intended to be "just like" the original DaoC, it's not even mythic who named it "classic". They called it "Alternative ruleset server" and it was the yankee doodle kids on vnboards who named it classic.

Mythic just went with the flow since everyone was calling it classic anyway, and classic is much easier to say then 'alternative ruseset server'.

Anyway, i'm really glad they opened a classic server here in europe too, since it's a pain sitting up to 4-5 am to catch the us peak hours.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I am having a fun time leveling and just exploring albion, have not played albion so much so there are many places that are totally new for me. Getting equipment is a bit too hard in the beginning but not impossible, I was surprised to learn how good catacombs was for exping with instances, and being able to buy equip for arulites is just lovely.

Nice to meet new people too, luckily the french population seems to have calmed down some :)

E

Eruptix

Shan said:
Then there are those people who have already played on Classic, grinded through DS and RvR'd to RR5+ and moved here because a) Lamorak died b) cba to play on US hours.

Classic RvR beats TOA any day. No buffbots, and Champ levels aren't same as ML's.
/agree

been there and done that on US classic,I <3'd the rvr,just too bad I missed out on prime time rvr.moving to EU classic means I can finaly play with more EU pp and rvr at prime time.

Classic is pointless with 1.81...its just for gankgrps, wannabe gankgrps and ppl who cant/wont afford 2 accs.
while its true that classic is nice for 8v8 (8man action is the one and only reason I still enjoy daoc's rvr today..keep sieges and zerg are just plain boring) other ppl can certainly play and enjoy.no need to be ml10 12 artifacts unlocked + rr10 to be able to compete with gankguilds on this server.
the difference between casual players and fully mixmaxxed templates has become alot smaller.

and did you just say that ppl who cant/wont afford 2 accs shouldnt play Toa servers?why is that?since when did you need 2 accs to play daoc?

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
at the moment its fun gone to the dark side (alb) but its like playing a new game. have met some nice people also. think the biggest plus is everyone is nice(apart from the french j/k) amazing how friendlier people seem.

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
I must say i love the classic servers, even though i have 3 accounts and can have 2 bb's if i want. I played on US classic but sitting up to 4-5 in the morning just became too troublesome as i have a job :p

One of the best things about classic is that the lack of bb's reduces the armies of "soloing" sorc's/sm's/whatever other op'd classes out there atm (And no, don't bother saying OLOL!! SM'S OP'D??? FFS NQQB GET A CL00!!! as i cba to have a class balance discussion. You know what i mean.) and brings back the NEED to group up. This is what it's all about for me, playing with my realmies against the other biatches.

And DS isn't all that much work, a run with a fairly balanced group takes about an hour, and you usually get about 15 drops with half of them ending up on cm's. And since every guy and his firstborn are pharming it there are usually a lot of items to buy, and lots of items means cheap prices. Sure, there are some items that will be more wanted then others but they drop just as frequently as everything else.

All in all, i'm very happy the classic opened, and i don't think it'll matter all that much to those who chose to stay on regular servers since 2 out of 3 on Glastonbury seem to be french. And i'm happy to have them there as well.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Classic brings with it some irony. Some hardcore RVR players are now enjoying the levelling process, going back to old lands, making some fun PBAE groups etc...the same RVR players who would whine constantly about PVE on TOA-enabled servers.

Anyway;

The hardcore/kids/unemployed will play constantly in small group-based guilds, get millions of rps in several months, ganking everything around. Once more people are RVR enabled, it will start getting zergy. Hardcore player guilds will whine.

TOA adds abilities to classes that make them far more interesting to play. For example, mercs. Dull, dull dull (imo) until you add ML abilities to them.

Classic still has NF, new RAs, new classes...these things just don't mix with the lack of TOA in my opinion.

True classic; old RAs, no catacombs etc = I can see the point of going there.
This classic...I just don't see the point.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
was nice to play just to try out enemy realm classes.......

imo they should put the buffbot rules into normal servers.......as this will help so so much...

Simemir

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Classic still has NF, new RAs, new classes...these things just don't mix with the lack of TOA in my opinion.

True classic; old RAs, no catacombs etc = I can see the point of going there.
This classic...I just don't see the point.

My point exactly :clap:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
For me it's nothing to do with the ruleset but a desire to explore the 3rd realm (in my case Midgard) that with only 2 English servers I have never previusly been able to. Personally I'd rather have had a 'normal' 3rd server but this is as close as we're gonna get to that.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Dracus said:
>must-get-all-uber-items-for-temp< just in cata instead of toa...

No picking on you Dracus as this is a sentiment that alot of peeps seem to have , Now yes ofc your gona need some itamz for your Sc suit , but in all honesty i'd prefer that than having to go searching to see if a encounter is up , then getting a grp together , then hoping that no one comes along and takes the encounter while you wait for your grp members to arrive. Ofc then there is farming the scrolls , while i do admit it has gotten alot easier than when ToA first came out it's still a real pain in the ass , I've had less and less time to play because of Work and RL stuff , so ToA had me basicly lvl'ing my alts to 50 , as i got more fun in Bg's than with my main.

Dracus said:

/Dracus

Not for me , main reason i'm playing on Classic is that i haven't had a chance to play the 3rd realm ( Mid) properly , so i'm gona give it a go. I've never liked boof b0ts . The friar back in the day was given b00fs to bring it inline with other unboofed chars, now admittily Mytic went OTT , but hey when do the every not go OTT. However where as i used to be able to have a decent fight against 1 or 2 Ns/sb's now i'm lucky if i can take one. I do have a 2nd account and tbh i use the bb on that for mostly PvE.

I've really enjoyed not only classic , but being a n00byn00dle in a new realm and learning a realm again . =).

On the DS side , Did DS with a Guild grp on alb/excal at the weekend , tbh i can see it's gona have to be very opted grps to get the DS stuff , the last part was pretty hard. Seems the last mob ( forgot the name) doesn't like me :(

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
think the biggest plus is everyone is nice(apart from the french j/k) amazing how friendlier people seem.

It won't last - wait until people start rvring and there are rps to be had...:D

I haven't bothered with the new server - cba to level up again just to end up with basically the same rvr at the end of it. So I'm just playing X3 Reunion until people come back to the main server :p

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
got back from work, logged into DAoC, Excal had 100 pop, glaston had 2500 pop, thought i'd try it out.

Much better starting out than i ever remember, yes theres french, german, italian etc people there, and its nice to get to know different people who come from different backgrounds, who have there own sences of humour.

The game asside, the best thing for me has been all the foreign people, yes you get the annoying kids from all sides, but generaly running around aquaducts running into all these foreign people was a ball.

Looking at it now i wish the population on this server stays high, i really wish its as multi-cultural in the future as it is now, i'm already looking forward to an alliance of English, french, germans and so on fighting out in NF.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Imo the darkspire don't give u the same advantages TOA items gave people over a regular SCed suit.. far from too.. There's no +damage or castspeed or tweaks like that which gives the big ass edge they had.. A lot more even now and how the game should have been.. Toa just ruined it all.. Not to mention no more MLs..

DR bring a few of these back to the table.. but did you know you can get CL5 i na day with 1.. yes 1 grp.. Hardly the same as ML10 :D

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
living said:
Imo the darkspire don't give u the same advantages TOA items gave people over a regular SCed suit.. far from too.. There's no +damage or castspeed or tweaks like that which gives the big ass edge they had.. A lot more even now and how the game should have been.. Toa just ruined it all.. Not to mention no more MLs..

DR bring a few of these back to the table.. but did you know you can get CL5 i na day with 1.. yes 1 grp.. Hardly the same as ML10 :D

You can get 4% magic damage and 8% cast speed, +26 int/dex on classic very easy while capping all resists and putting some +con/hits in your temp.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Libertine said:
You can get 4% magic damage and 8% cast speed, +26 int/dex on classic very easy while capping all resists and putting some +con/hits in your temp.

givf templatem8!

anyhow i kinda enjoy that i can play the 3rd realm with loads of ppl runin around, doing old-school pve with somewhat preset grp in dungeons an all...

remi

Fledgling Freddie
like someone already mentioned, there is alot of new players, and i mean new, in like _new_. I stayed in the newbie guild for 38 lvls, many players in there had never played daoc before, funny too see daoc gaining people again..

And ill stay classic aslong as it have higher pop then toa servers.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Libertine said:

Not without DR you cant. You can get some some cast speed (up to 4%) and stat caps.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
tbh its the buffs that do it for me, when everyone is 50 u wont have the huge lag at portal keeps cause of bb's sitting there. You wont have to own 2 accounts to be in with a chance of RvR'ing. Yes people will still have their bb stuck to them but this is no way the same as the normal servers.

No stealthers will have buffs now so stealth wars are gonna be fun!

Gamah

Banned
Poox said:
It's nice, apart from all the Frenchies fucking up hib.

The French National Flag

WHITE-FLAG-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom