SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Oxford's study of four hundred and fifty thousand 10-15 year olds must hold some sway, surely?

I don't know.

Doesn't this worry you though? 'And this was a warning to regulators and lawmakers focusing on commonly held beliefs abou0t the harmful effects of technology on young people's mental health'

I don't think being plugged in 24/7 when being bullied or something is helpful, that's all, but the vast majority of people don't go through major bullying I suppose.

Tik Tok is a fantastic brain washing tool though, you should all give it a go.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't know.

Doesn't this worry you though? 'And this was a warning to regulators and lawmakers focusing on commonly held beliefs abou0t the harmful effects of technology on young people's mental health'

No. It makes me happy - that scientists are telling regulators "don't start regulating shit based on feelings and emotions - because feelings and emotions don't measure the world as it is".

If we don't use science to inform policy we may as well go back to the Catholic Church as the arbiter of all that is good and right.

Admittedly, that'd put women back in their rightful place, tho eh? :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just heard the phrase 'biracial'

My life is complete.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's another stupid name to further segregate and pigeonhole people, is what it is.

I know a fella whose mum is Filipino and his dad was mixed race (white and Caribbean afaik) 3 races, not 2. So would not fit, should we have trirace, quadrace? And so on.

Panracial, anyone?

Edit, point is, why can't people just be people?

Last edited:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It's another stupid name to further segregate and pigeonhole people, is what it is.

I know a fella whose mum is Filipino and his dad was mixed race (white and Caribbean afaik) 3 races, not 2. So would not fit, should we have trirace, quadrace? And so on.

Panracial, anyone?

Edit, point is, why can't people just be people?
dunno, young people (im 33, do I still count as a young person?) do seem to love labels

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is strange the more we want everyone to be treated the same the more categories, groups, genders, etc. seem to be created.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
dunno, young people (im 33, do I still count as a young person?) do seem to love labels

Pretty sure, around 10 years ago, you were referring to people in their 30s as old :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You need labels - but you need to stop thinking of them as labels but more 'descriptors'.

"Man" is a label. But it doesn't say very much about him that helps you visualise what he looks like.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Who gives a shit though? You meet someone, either they are someone you want to talk to or they aren't. What colour they are or by what percentage is utterly meaningless unless people constantly try and make it meaningful.

While I am sure the reasons are honourable, it just isn't doing anyone any good, and you don't decrease segregation by constantly coming up with new and interesting labels for people.

That's not to say the struggle of black and mixed race folk is not real, it is, but there are more important things to do that come up with names for people.

"stop treating me differently" and "i'm different because..."

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Who gives a shit though? You meet someone, either they are someone you want to talk to or they aren't.
When you meet someone, actually meet someone, you don't go:

"Hi, you appear to be Biracial"
or
"Hi, I'm a white man"

You can see who / what they look like.

But you do need descriptors - What does Michael Jackson look like? "Oh it doesn't matter".

Well, it kind of does if you want to describe someone. All that's happening is people trying to come up with descriptors that people aren't butthurt about.

what's @Tom look like? He's a beardy ginger
what's @Wij look like? A less pretty Jimmy Saville in a flat cap

See. Perfectly neutral and accurate descriptors that nobody would blink an eye at.

Because they're absolutely true and accurate. 100%.

One. Hundred. Percent.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
When you meet someone, actually meet someone, you don't go:

"Hi, you appear to be Biracial"
or
"Hi, I'm a white man"

You can see who / what they look like.

But you do need descriptors - What does Michael Jackson look like? "Oh it doesn't matter".

Well, it kind of does if you want to describe someone. All that's happening is people trying to come up with descriptors that people aren't butthurt about.

what's @Tom look like? He's a beardy ginger
what's @Wij look like? A less pretty Jimmy Saville in a flat cap

See. Perfectly neutral and accurate descriptors that nobody would blink an eye at.

Because they're absolutely true and accurate. 100%.

One. Hundred. Percent.
:eek:

Gwadien

Sorry for the source, but I do feel like NZ is absolutely in the right here.

What's the point calling it a genocide and then continuing to deal with them? I feel like it gives them the green like to commit an actual genocide as its clear we don't actually care.

I also think calling something a genocide when its not also downplays historical genocides.

China is pushing all the buttons and we're responding with bluster and big words.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's not genocide in the sense of wiping out a race, but it is genocide by wiping out a culture. They're rounding up hundreds of thousands of people up and sticking them in 're-education" camps.

But ok.

Edit, and no, we certainly shouldn't be trading with them.

Gwadien

It's not genocide in the sense of wiping out a race, but it is genocide by wiping out a culture. They're rounding up hundreds of thousands of people up and sticking them in 're-education" camps.

But ok.

Edit, and no, we certainly shouldn't be trading with them.

You can't redefine a word because it sounds good to your audience though.

Genocide clearly involves mass killing.

On a side note, I like that article though, especially the way it talks about the left wing NZ government, almost as if to suggest that all the mates of the Russians and their financial interests aren't on the left, everyone boo hiss the lefties on the request of RT!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's why people shouldn't be so quick to write crypto off (not Bitcoin, Bitcoin's primitive trash, but smart contract platforms like Ethereum). Bill Gates was openly mocked on Letterman in '95 for talking up the Internet...

...and you see the exact sort of thing right now, taking the piss out of something they don't understand for laughs. Bill Maher the other day being a prime example.

Embattle

FH is my second home
As it stands crypto is little different to a Ponzi scheme.

Yes the internet has been a revelation but at the same time it has become full of utter shit such as the endless narcissists who prove they lack the intelligence of a fish finger sandwich as do many of those who follow them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Can see @Embattle has come back with his cogent "disagree" argument. But absolutely we're talking about the same sort of thing - cryptocurrencies can be absolutely transformative.

Edit: I take it back Embattle. You typed something!

You typed something wrong, but at least you typed it :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Found myself watching stuff on Iplayer.

I like a good dig at the BBC, because they mostly promote celebrity driven bullshit and Tory agenda, that I am forced to pay for...

However. there are some excellent documentaries available on Iplayer, I highly recommend Luex Theroux's docs, I just demolished a recap series coving various people he has interviewed over the years, cracking TV.

If only they binned off all the utter shit they broadcast and concentrated on actual educational and interesting stuff instead, I would be more willing to part with £13 a month.

I say willing, it doesn't actually matter if I will it or not, I still have to stump up £13 a month even if I had nothing to do with the BBC.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You can't redefine a word because it sounds good to your audience though.

Genocide clearly involves mass killing.

On a side note, I like that article though, especially the way it talks about the left wing NZ government, almost as if to suggest that all the mates of the Russians and their financial interests aren't on the left, everyone boo hiss the lefties on the request of RT!
Genocide means not just mass killing but with an intent to destroy a nation or cultural part of it. the chinese are enslaving these people and working them for nothing as an under class. Not exterminating them on that scale.
imo the deaths of so many are a result of treating them as slaves not with the intent to wipe them out.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Actually genocide is specifically the extermination of a people.

However, what the Chinese are doing is essentially the same thing, they are systematically and ruthlessly destroying a culture by enforced assimilation. Join us or die, at the end of the day.

If you deal with China (including all you epic store fanboys) you are directly supporting it. While we can't completely remove Chinese bullshit from our lives, we can minimise it.

You aren't missing much, that Chinesium shit you bought will only last a year or two anyway, false economy.

Last edited:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Found myself watching stuff on Iplayer.

I like a good dig at the BBC, because they mostly promote celebrity driven bullshit and Tory agenda, that I am forced to pay for...

However. there are some excellent documentaries available on Iplayer, I highly recommend Luex Theroux's docs, I just demolished a recap series coving various people he has interviewed over the years, cracking TV.

If only they binned off all the utter shit they broadcast and concentrated on actual educational and interesting stuff instead, I would be more willing to part with £13 a month.

I say willing, it doesn't actually matter if I will it or not, I still have to stump up £13 a month even if I had nothing to do with the BBC.

View: https://youtu.be/Q4yCPSd40OM

I enjoyed this little piece from BBC Russia the other day. Still some good stuff on the BBC, but it's harder and harder to find. One my best mates (best man at my wedding) works for Mindhouse, Louis' production company. He pitched and made this 'Gods of Snooker' documentary which is on next week.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
This shocked me. Not the result I'd have got 3-4 years ago.

Attachments

• lol.png
    lol.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom