SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

dysfunction

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Going into steam right now, clicking on the "golden week sale", scrolling down to "popular / recently released / discounted" -

clicking on "recently released"

:eek6::eek6::eek7:
so you're getting yourself a VR headset then :LOL:

Scouse

Job-worshipper and all round follower of cunts.
FH Subscriber
so you're getting yourself a VR headset then :LOL:
:)

Already got an Index. I just CBA plugging it in tbh. I'm halfway though Alex but the space I've got here means I have to move furniture around and recalibrate.

The game's amazing, but frankly not enough for me to fuck about with that shit. Maybe on a rainy day :)

Embattle

I am a FH squatter
I don't know why but people getting on a soap box is all fine and dandy but when they have trouble controlling their love spuds it tends to wipe the shine clean off, that's before you even get to things such as Nord Stream 2.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My next Steam purchase will be Subnautica Below Zero. Because I absolutely love the first game, it's wonderful. I've kept away from Below Zero because I want it to be finished when I play it.

Comes out in May IIRC.

Scouse

FH Subscriber
Vulnerable teenage girl flags down police car, gets pepper sprayed in the face, cuffed, hit with a baton 30 times and when the other po-po turn up they tazer her.

is it any wonder black people don't cooperate with police? They must be terrified of potential consequences.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Vulnerable teenage girl flags down police car, gets pepper sprayed in the face, cuffed, hit with a baton 30 times and when the other po-po turn up they tazer her.

is it any wonder black people don't cooperate with police? They must be terrified of potential consequences.
I think it has something to do with 'the boys in blue' attitude; why didn't the other coppers step in and stop him?

I experience a similar thing at school; the other day a senior staff member was bollocking a kid for something they didn't do (because I saw what happened) so as he was bollocking the kid I stepped in and told him it wasn't him, he looked at me as if to suggest how dare I undermine him in front of the other students. It's not uncommon for other staff just to let it happen tbh.

Every profession has cunts in it, but why do some professions always have to present a permanent 'united front' policy? That's the problem imo.

Scouse

FH Subscriber
In school it's arguably even more important to step in and tell a teacher they've made a mistake. The students look how teachers interact and if one stops the other politely and corrects him that's a great example of how to act.

Scouse

FH Subscriber

Gwadien

I dunno if I buy that.

As I've said before, when you were a yout' and some dickhead wanted to be a dickhead towards you, it would be at school or they'd come to your house/find you when you're out.

Kids can now be bombarded 24/7 (and they are).

But obviously technology in itself isn't going to do anything bad, it's just the humans that use it.

Gwadien

Oxford's study of four hundred and fifty thousand 10-15 year olds must hold some sway, surely?
I don't know.

Doesn't this worry you though? 'And this was a warning to regulators and lawmakers focusing on commonly held beliefs abou0t the harmful effects of technology on young people's mental health'

I don't think being plugged in 24/7 when being bullied or something is helpful, that's all, but the vast majority of people don't go through major bullying I suppose.

Tik Tok is a fantastic brain washing tool though, you should all give it a go.

Scouse

FH Subscriber
I don't know.

Doesn't this worry you though? 'And this was a warning to regulators and lawmakers focusing on commonly held beliefs abou0t the harmful effects of technology on young people's mental health'
No. It makes me happy - that scientists are telling regulators "don't start regulating shit based on feelings and emotions - because feelings and emotions don't measure the world as it is".

If we don't use science to inform policy we may as well go back to the Catholic Church as the arbiter of all that is good and right.

Admittedly, that'd put women back in their rightful place, tho eh? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom