SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I started reading this book on string theory
Half way through the guy says "the equations are so complicated, even our super computers can't solve them, so we guessed at what the answers might be" !

Sounds like the plumber we had in our student digs. "I'm not quite sure where the leak is coming from...umm...let me cut through this pipe"...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Russia has been waging war on Ukraine for years and the west has done nothing. They should have been let in NATO years ago. Fuck Putin.

It's a tough one though, it's not like Poland where nobody wanted to be a part of Russia, whereas in eastern Ukraine it's pretty pro-Russia, also Ukraine has had a pretty tight history with Russia.

So I can understand there being some reluctance in doing anything about it, if those states want to join Russia then I can't see why we can't facilitate it in cooperation with Russia, if they want don't want to then we bomb them.

If they wanna fuck off then we let them, then we economically support the border regions so that they don't have to be economically reliant on Russia and therefore become attached.

Then we remind them on video games that our way of life is better and eventually they'll have super democracy!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

What I've always found odd about the religious right in America is just how ungodly they are in the majority of their actions.

American evangelist religion actually has very little to do with the kind of New Testament Christianity that we're used to (be it Protestant or Catholic); its a rag bag of some of the worst bits of the Old Testament, with the loopy bits of Revelations mixed in, and some stuff that's just entirely made up, in particular an idea called "Prosperity Theology", which has been around since the 1950s and, you guessed it, not only encourages increasing your personal wealth, but argues the God has engineered things so "Christians" have a special obligation to do so. Which is of course pretty much the opposite of anything in the Gospels, and I say that as a card-carrying atheist.

Bluntly, lots of American "Christians" aren't Christian at all.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
American evangelist religion actually has very little to do with the kind of New Testament Christianity that we're used to (be it Protestant or Catholic); its a rag bag of some of the worst bits of the Old Testament, with the loopy bits of Revelations mixed in, and some stuff that's just entirely made up, in particular an idea called "Prosperity Theology", which has been around since the 1950s and, you guessed it, not only encourages increasing your personal wealth, but argues the God has engineered things so "Christians" have a special obligation to do so. Which is of course pretty much the opposite of anything in the Gospels, and I say that as a card-carrying atheist.

Bluntly, lots of American "Christians" aren't Christian at all.
Republican Jesus likes guns and hates the poor.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's a tough one though, it's not like Poland where nobody wanted to be a part of Russia, whereas in eastern Ukraine it's pretty pro-Russia, also Ukraine has had a pretty tight history with Russia.

So I can understand there being some reluctance in doing anything about it, if those states want to join Russia then I can't see why we can't facilitate it in cooperation with Russia, if they want don't want to then we bomb them.

If they wanna fuck off then we let them, then we economically support the border regions so that they don't have to be economically reliant on Russia and therefore become attached.

Then we remind them on video games that our way of life is better and eventually they'll have super democracy!
Putin-media uses Russian speaking to imply that they all identify with Russia. Large areas of Ukraine use Russian as a first language but only a tiny minority identify as Russian. The 'separatists' in east Ukraine are largely imported from Russia. It's just a war of annexation.

Gwadien

Putin-media uses Russian speaking to imply that they all identify with Russia. Large areas of Ukraine use Russian as a first language but only a tiny minority identify as Russian. The 'separatists' in east Ukraine are largely imported from Russia. It's just a war of annexation.

Proof?

I mean, it's also pretty easy to dismiss that as Western propaganda; Ukraine has been raped by the elites and the people have suffered the most, why would they want to go further down the path of capitalism when the current shit show is what it has offered so far since the fall of the USSR?

With the USSR in living memory, and people seeing as the glory days, I think it's pretty obvious why people would want to snuggle up to Putin over the West, Putin does care more about them than the West, even if he only gives the tiniest fuck.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Proof?

I mean, it's also pretty easy to dismiss that as Western propaganda; Ukraine has been raped by the elites and the people have suffered the most, why would they want to go further down the path of capitalism when the current shit show is what it has offered so far since the fall of the USSR?

With the USSR in living memory, and people seeing as the glory days, I think it's pretty obvious why people would want to snuggle up to Putin over the West, Putin does care more about them than the West, even if he only gives the tiniest fuck.
Wtf did I just read?

They literally had a popular revolution a few years back to get rid of a Putin puppet government.

Also not many Ukrainians remember the USSR as glory days. Holodomor happened. People don’t forget that.

Gwadien

Wtf did I just read?

They literally had a popular revolution a few years back to get rid of a Putin puppet government.

Also not many Ukrainians remember the USSR as glory days. Holodomor happened. People don’t forget that.

1617624631310.png

This is the turnout to the revolution - notice the areas with little participation how they've turned out politically, unless you're going to suggest that Putin shipped in Russians to downplay the revolution in eastern areas, I think it's pretty clear that the 'popular' part in the revolution wasn't really popular across the whole of Ukraine.

And yes, many of the former USSR states do see the USSR as the glory days because as I said since they embraced capitalism and democracy their elites plundered their countries, and during the post de-Stalinisation era the USSR pumped silly amounts of money into the non-Russian provinces in order to hold onto them.

I think suggesting that the Ukranian civil war is all Putin's doing is a bit unrealistic. I'm not saying we should give over to Putin, as I said in a previous post we should be drawing a line, but I also believe that the people in the Donbass etc should have self-determination rather than saying 'this is better than Putin, accept it'... Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Protests against the government in being most concentrated in the capital shocker.

It's not a civil war. It's an annexation attempt. Just like South Ossetia.

And guess where those capitalist, elitist oligarchs get their support from. Putin. Not the West.

Ukraine elected Poroshenko after Euromaidan on a 'no to being part of the Russian empire' ticket.

And you didn't address holodomor.

It's like having Grayzone on here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom