SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not really as a) you can turn them off and b) they're going to be hard to retrofit to a 2008 BMW or Civic.
Yeah. But reading that they're going to have it so you have to turn them off every time you turn your key. So a quick trip to the shops will be turning the fekker off a minimum of twice each time :\

Sooner or later you'll be buying a new one :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Not really as a) you can turn them off and b) they're going to be hard to retrofit to a 2008 BMW or Civic.
Mr Police Man: ah, we notice you've turned off your limiter
Mr Insurance Man: ah, we notice you've turned off your limiter
Mr Car Fixer Man: ah, we notice you've turned off your limiter

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Mr Police Man: ah, we notice you've turned off your limiter
Mr Insurance Man: ah, we notice you've turned off your limiter
Mr Car Fixer Man: ah, we notice you've turned off your limiter

Doesn't happen with Lane Departure Warnings, Stop Start etc.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah. But reading that they're going to have it so you have to turn them off every time you turn your key. So a quick trip to the shops will be turning the fekker off a minimum of twice each time :\

Sooner or later you'll be buying a new one :)

Mercedes put a big "ADAS Off" button right on the home screen. I would imagine customer demand will make others follow suit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Mercedes put a big "ADAS Off" button right on the home screen. I would imagine customer demand will make others follow suit.
Yeah. I guess it depends on how they've legislated.

BTW - has anyone got a browser-add-in that defaults to "only functional cookies". Ever since the EU legislated I've been having to click something every time I visit a website ;)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah. I guess it depends on how they've legislated.

BTW - has anyone got a browser-add-in that defaults to "only functional cookies". Ever since the EU legislated I've been having to click something every time I visit a website ;)
Unfortunately named however quite effective

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ta. It does indeed seemed to be named after something that they wanted to apply to the ladies :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Spent the day in Downing St yesterday. Was very pleasurable seeing Sunak leave and Starmer entering. We at least now have a government that contains working class ministers who know what it's like to grow up without Sky.

And thank fuck Mogg is gone.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Mogg is a fucking odd cunt, when he was campaigning at 27 he took his NANNY with him on the campaign trail

legacy_elm_79574804.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
For me, unless they can bring full self-drive that's better than humans to the party we should get nothing...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Tbh I don't think I'd want to take a ride a fully autonomous car unless all the other vehicles it could encounter were also autonomous (and centrally managed for that matter). like some of the metros are.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not sure about centrally managed but all vehicles would need to be able to communicate with each other via an open standard, no proprietary nonsense allowed.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Better luck next time, Marine.

There's an almighty mess to sort out but the far right were busy wondering who they were going to form a coalition with if they didn't get a big enough majority to form a government by themselves and, going by the exit polls, they ended up finishing third behind the left wing alliance and (lol) Macron's centrist alliance.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Better luck next time, Marine.

There's an almighty mess to sort out but the far right were busy wondering who they were going to form a coalition with if they didn't get a big enough majority to form a government by themselves and, going by the exit polls, they ended up finishing third behind the left wing alliance and (lol) Macron's centrist alliance.

Indeed but unless something changes they'll get in there soon enough.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Indeed but unless something changes they'll get in there soon enough.

Bored of hearing this.

Bit like I've heard oh we need Labour to adopt Reform policies or they'll win at the next election.

Or retards can start to see Russian sponsored populism for what it is.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Bored of hearing this.

Bit like I've heard oh we need Labour to adopt Reform policies or they'll win at the next election.

Or retards can start to see Russian sponsored populism for what it is.

You can be as bored as you like it doesn't change the ever-increasing amount of votes they are getting each election.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can be as bored as you like it doesn't change the ever-increasing amount of votes they are getting each election.
Economic change required. Life is too hard for the majority.

Labour is partly culpable - as lomg as they run on identity politics it keeps the focus off neoliberal economics and it's disastrous outcomes.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Doesn't mean sensible people should allow it.

We did Brexit because of it, that went well.

Desperate times encourages populism, I'm glad that we got a bit of sensibility back and declined the Tories that lurched further to the right and I hope we conintue to do so if they continue down that path.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm glad that we got a bit of sensibility back
We can't make that call until we see what they actually do.

If they crack on with identity politics and focus on equality of outcome at the expense of the middle classes (many of whom voted Labour to get rid of the Tories, whilst crossing their fingers that Labour wasn't going to fuck them over and many of whom, whilst comfortable, could easily slip back into 'struggling') then Labour are fucked.

If they sort out the super-rich - the ultra-high-net-worth individuals - and the systems that allow them to hoard an ever increasing percentage of the country's wealth, then they've got a shot.

Unfortunately, the first is clearly way more likely and if that's the case, then we'll lurch right. I'd love Labour to prove me wrong.

Until then my stance is "go on then - show me". They've had plenty of time in opposition to sort out exactly what they're going to do and should be ready to hit the ground running with rafts of legislation ready to submit.

For me - they've got 6 months to put their 'transformative' plans in action - and 4.5 years to see how they pan out. Unless they put the shit in place quickly, they're going to do dick. It'll be very easy to see what they intend to do - because if they don't do it soon, they're going to do dick.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Doesn't mean sensible people should allow it.

We did Brexit because of it, that went well.

Desperate times encourages populism, I'm glad that we got a bit of sensibility back and declined the Tories that lurched further to the right and I hope we conintue to do so if they continue down that path.

In time it also doesn't mean they can stop it without providing something of substance.

Yes, but that is moot considering it doesn't seem to be a factor in who you elect judging by the recent elections.

The Tories will probably make the mistake of lurching towards Reform depending on the leader they elect, unless Labour do something annoying the Tories will probably be out of power for at least 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom