SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Fuck that, I'm knackered. I was going to do the main roof if this works out, but I just can't see it being possible to strip it and waterproof it in one day with one person. Maybe I can rope someone in.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fuck that, I'm knackered. I was going to do the main roof if this works out, but I just can't see it being possible to strip it and waterproof it in one day with one person. Maybe I can rope someone in.
Took two people two full days to strip n felt mine - and it's not a big roof.

I'm still full of admiration.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
amADo8j_460s.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Another day done, think I'll go slate hunting tomorrow. Not going to slate it just yet though, got some repairs to make to the main roof first, easier to do that when there are no slates to break by walking on. There are what look like a couple of bodges in there but the local timber yard didn't have what I needed so I had to improvise with spare hardwood from my window restoration.

Attachments

• PXL_20240308_152400632.jpg
    PXL_20240308_152400632.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You need to be careful that those bodges aren't near your rotting bit, or the whole thing will sag in a few years.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Another day done, think I'll go slate hunting tomorrow. Not going to slate it just yet though, got some repairs to make to the main roof first, easier to do that when there are no slates to break by walking on. There are what look like a couple of bodges in there but the local timber yard didn't have what I needed so I had to improvise with spare hardwood from my window restoration.
Wow puts my washing machine saga to the "who gives a fuck" pile after looking at that.

When you are working up there I hope you let your arse crack have some sunlight otherwise you are not a real roofing geezer.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You doing the lead detailing Tom? Was watching my builder do it yesterday - looks intricate.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You need to be careful that those bodges aren't near your rotting bit, or the whole thing will sag in a few years.

Those "bodges" (they're not really bodges) are only there because the roof has sagged anyway. All timber roofs sag over time, it's inevitable. The counter battens are there to correct for that sag.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't go a hunting for slate @Tom - spanish slate from huws grey colour matches that from Blaenau Ffestiniog so you can use it in the national park - at 1/4th the price.

And I'm told that it's actually the same seam of slate!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Too expensive. Reclaimed slate is cheaper. And purple. The other option is something like this

The thing about reclaimed slate is I can drive over there on Monday and get it. No messing around waiting for deliveries. I can also get some slate-and-a-halves too, which I think I'm going to use rather than half-a-slates on the edges. And if I run out, I can just drive over (they're only 10 miles away) and get more.

Anyhow I just noticed the original builders didn't use a double row of slates at the bottom edge of the roof, just a single row. Cheap bastards. Makes sense given the slate at the top was about 2-3mm thick.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I see she's cast aside all cares in the world and made it public she has harrys bollocks around her neck.

ay2yRwy_460s.jpg

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuck me do I need to get my eyes re-tested? Just found this on Amazon UK, gonna buy 3 at that bargain price....

1710017479642.png

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oi you get £15 off your first 3 Amazon Fresh Orders with it!!
That's it, need to do two things urgently:

1. Get my eyes tested.
2. Order 3 of them before they sell out.

Thanks for telling me about my obvious error, I was just in shock at the bargain price jumping out at me I did what all men do when presented with such a golden opportunity, my eyes glazed over, my natural instinct was to login to Amazon and finally I started dribbling and shaking at the excitement of new toys.

Luckily that phase has just passed which ultimately allowed me to stop shhhakkkinggg ennnooouguhh ttooo ttttppppyye ttthhiiss reply, \o/

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Been watching Pink Panther cartoons on YouTube this morning
They're 60 years old and still make me laugh

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Been watching Pink Panther cartoons on YouTube this morning
I love the Henri Mancini theme tune and it gets hit up on spotify a fair bit - but for the life of me I can't find the Inspector Clouseau music from the cartoon anywhere. It's fucking great!

:eek:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just woke up thinking it was 6am Monday.
So weird. I was dreaming about power cuts and fuse boxes.
I had to ask Alexa what day it was.

"Its Sunday the tenth of March. You fell asleep on the couch. One side of your face is smeared in dark chocolate"

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Played lead trumpet when young in a jazz band and loved playing tracks like that. On the lead trumpet music score, we would occasionally simply have the word 'BIG!' as an instruction for how the section should be played, and that's what it sounds like :badumtish:
Hehe, bet when you saw the word "BIG!" you felt all warm and fuzzy as you thought it was describing you :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Don't go a hunting for slate @Tom - spanish slate from huws grey colour matches that from Blaenau Ffestiniog so you can use it in the national park - at 1/4th the price.

And I'm told that it's actually the same seam of slate!

£2.20 each. Although daft bastard me got 18x12 instead of 18x10 (which is what's on my roof right now). Doesn't really make any difference, half the houses around here have got jigsaw puzzles on their roofs. Original Welsh slate off a street in Colne. Cleaned them up with soapy water and they're a nice shade of purple.

Attachments

• PXL_20240311_112015386.jpg
    PXL_20240311_112015386.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom