Good to know re the 120.
XM4's eh ? I'll check them out. What is the noise cancellation like ? @Bodhi
I've used Apple Airpods 2 Pro and they were amazing but not ideal for Android

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Good to know re the 120.
XM4's eh ? I'll check them out. What is the noise cancellation like ? @Bodhi
I've used Apple Airpods 2 Pro and they were amazing but not ideal for Android

Worth mentioning I'm talking about the over ear ones, if you're more after ear buds it's more worth looking at the latest gen Sony ones. Haven't used them but reviews seem good and they work a treat with Android.

The over ear ones are brilliant though, comfortable enough to wear for long periods of time and the noise cancellation makes flights a fairly peaceful experience considering.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Have a pair of XM3s lasted me 4 years so far still going strong, great headset, sad to hear latest doesn't carry that on though

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Worth mentioning I'm talking about the over ear ones, if you're more after ear buds it's more worth looking at the latest gen Sony ones. Haven't used them but reviews seem good and they work a treat with Android.

The over ear ones are brilliant though, comfortable enough to wear for long periods of time and the noise cancellation makes flights a fairly peaceful experience considering.

I own both XM3 and XM4.

XM3 are vastly more comfortable for me. XM4 press my head / ears to the point it becomes mildly uncomfortable fairly quickly.

Bodhi

I own both XM3 and XM4.

XM3 are vastly more comfortable for me. XM4 press my head / ears to the point it becomes mildly uncomfortable fairly quickly.

I left my XM3s on an airplane like an idiot, I get on ok with the 4s though. I've had to turn a few of the assists off though, like where they pause the music if they hear someone speak - far too sensitive.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Loving my new phone. Oneplus have some great apps and nice customization. The phone feels premium (even tho its not a flagship). I think I might go for the XM5 earbuds.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm still on my Bose QC15 wired headphones. No need to replace them while they still work fine.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm still on my Bose QC15 wired headphones. No need to replace them while they still work fine.
I've a pair of Bose QC 35 II's. I took them off and put them on a fence post and forgot about them. They then blew off and fell into my stream where they spent 48 hours fully submerged.

Stuck 'em on the radiator. They're still working fine :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Loving my new phone. Oneplus have some great apps and nice customization. The phone feels premium (even tho its not a flagship). I think I might go for the XM5 earbuds.

I got my wife a pair of those for Christmas; she uses them with an iPhone and says the sound quality is amazing but the buds themselves are quite clunky compared to her old Apple buds. They do look quite large.

Personally I can't wear earbuds at all because my ears fight back with alarming amounts of earwax and infections even when I keep the things as sterile as possible, it's just not worth it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I can't stand anything in my ears. I also can't stand anything touching my Adam's Apple, like a zipped up coat. Things like that do my head in.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wool duvets: fully recommend.

Bought one a bit over two weeks ago to go in the hut. I've been neither too cold or too hot. And I've not woken up drenched in sweat after a very heavy beef and alcohol night - which previously you could pretty much bank on.

On the back of this performance I will invest in wool pillows soon and when the house is done a wool mattress too.

That is all.

Bodhi

Wool duvets: fully recommend.

Bought one a bit over two weeks ago to go in the hut. I've been neither too cold or too hot. And I've not woken up drenched in sweat after a very heavy beef and alcohol night - which previously you could pretty much bank on.

On the back of this performance I will invest in wool pillows soon and when the house is done a wool mattress too.

That is all.

We're about 6 months in to having a Simba mattress and it's one of the best investments we've made - add in the pillows and our goose down duvet and it's like sleeping in a Hilton bed every night, just without the cleaning services or HHonors points.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
We're about 6 months in to having a Simba mattress and it's one of the best investments we've made - add in the pillows and our goose down duvet and it's like sleeping in a Hilton bed every night, just without the cleaning services or HHonors points.

Way back, when I moved to the US, I inherited the furniture in the room I was renting, as the guy who was leaving was going back to the Midwest and didn't want to bring it. When I moved into a bigger place a year or so later, I bought a proper bed and mattress for almost a thousand bucks. Ah, I could sleep for 14 hours a day on that bed. Dreamland every night.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Right. Got everything off my old phone I need - apart from two files in the root directory I can't access
Going to try to root my old phone so I can get them

☠️

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
(I need a drink first. Never a good idea to root your phone completely sober)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I got told off for doing nothing (why am I even remotely surprised?)
I was just about to tuck into a big chocolate eclair

Mrs L Haven't you had enough of those ?
Lamp I haven't even taken a bite yet !!
Mrs L Yeah, well you had 4 last week !
Lamp [unable to get a word out]
Mrs L Why don't you take inspiration from the guy up the road, he's done 12 marathons
Lamp [wants to say] Why don't you take a leaf out of your sister's book and get bigger tits
Lamp [actually says] Yes dear...

Proud member of the Husbands Cowards Society. (Please don't tell anyone)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You should always spend big on beds and bedding. You spend a 3rd of your life there, so it's basic self-care.

I do think the wool is an upgrade on the down tho m8. When you next get a chance, try it :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hopefully setting the ridge tiles tomorrow, then mortaring the right side, and fitting the guttering. The lead valley on the left is a little bit too big (comparing to neighbours) but it should work just fine. I'm amazed I haven't broken any so far while climbing around the thing.

Attachments

• PXL_20240319_164103313.jpg
    PXL_20240319_164103313.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 11

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
You should always spend big on beds and bedding. You spend a 3rd of your life there, so it's basic self-care.

I do think the wool is an upgrade on the down tho m8. When you next get a chance, try it :)
fully agree. recently invested several ribs and a kidney in a new bed and frankly I should have done that 10 years ago

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Lookin' good :)

Big surprise is the guttering,which I did yesterday. It's amazingly easy to bend and put together. The old system on the main roof is badly designed. It takes the water from the roof and lets it spill out the end, onto the smaller roof I've just fixed. But that water, in heavy rain, ends up shooting up the roof in the wrong direction, and I'm fairly sure that's why the rafter I mentioned previously, and the wall plate, were so badly rotten, because water was getting past the lead and under the slate. So I re-used an old bit of gutter I'd pulled off and channelled it in a different direction. Bit scruffy but it works. The old gutter is really badly designed, incredibly hard to snap together. The new stuff is a breeze. The white blobs are because I ran out of silicone so used some expanding foam instead. I also have a half-slate to find and pop in that corner so it looks right.

Attachments

• PXL_20240321_103042406.jpg
    PXL_20240321_103042406.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 9

Embattle

FH is my second home
Big surprise is the guttering,which I did yesterday. It's amazingly easy to bend and put together. The old system on the main roof is badly designed. It takes the water from the roof and lets it spill out the end, onto the smaller roof I've just fixed. But that water, in heavy rain, ends up shooting up the roof in the wrong direction, and I'm fairly sure that's why the rafter I mentioned previously, and the wall plate, were so badly rotten, because water was getting past the lead and under the slate. So I re-used an old bit of gutter I'd pulled off and channelled it in a different direction. Bit scruffy but it works. The old gutter is really badly designed, incredibly hard to snap together. The new stuff is a breeze. The white blobs are because I ran out of silicone so used some expanding foam instead. I also have a half-slate to find and pop in that corner so it looks right.

Our main gutter on the front roof outputs to a small lower roof then into another gutter and down pipe which seems stupid to me. On the downpipe junctions you have to be careful because that is normally where the expansion section is located.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Our main gutter on the front roof outputs to a small lower roof then into another gutter and down pipe which seems stupid to me. On the downpipe junctions you have to be careful because that is normally where the expansion section is located.

I bought deepflow gutters for the bit I've done. They take twice the water, which given the climate predictions seems sensible to me. I also have to use a bit of an offcut to put a deflector in that corner, so it doesn't become overloaded by torrents of water down the lead and splash over. I'm just going to cut maybe 20cm length of gutter into a quarter circle and glue it to the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom