SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
So I needed a new electric screwdriver. I could have spent almost £100 on a Bosch product but instead got this

Its brilliant. 10Nm adjustable torque. Great fun to use.
Wonder if it will unscrew my belly-button....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So I needed a new electric screwdriver. I could have spent almost £100 on a Bosch product but instead got this

Could you have saved even more money and just shown the missus how to hold a manual screwdriver and twist it? :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I love how it was fine and sunny when I removed the roof and waterproofed it, but now I want to slate it it won't stop pissing down. Can't work in this because my drill is mains powered (cba buying a battery one).

Attachments

• PXL_20240313_143642982.jpg
    PXL_20240313_143642982.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meh. You're watertight aren't ya? I slept in my house for a month without the membrane on bits of the roof including when it was minus 5 outside.

Pussy ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Meh. You're watertight aren't ya? I slept in my house for a month without the membrane on bits of the roof including when it was minus 5 outside.

Pussy ;)
Let me guess the missus was dressed like the michelin man shivering as she watches her breath steam up as she exhales cos knowing you she was not allowed the heating on as the heat would simply escape through the half finished roof.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Let me guess the missus was dressed like the michelin man shivering as she watches her breath steam up as she exhales cos knowing you she was not allowed the heating on as the heat would simply escape through the half finished roof.
What heating?

Pussy :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
On the downside, we're in the shepherd's hut now (well, I am, she's in a hotel in London for a couple of weeks). It's properly insulated, has under floor heating, a little log burner.

We're conditioned to about 10 degrees beimg OK. The hut is way too fucking hot. :eek:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
On the downside, we're in the shepherd's hut now (well, I am, she's in a hotel in London for a couple of weeks). It's properly insulated, has under floor heating, a little log burner.

We're conditioned to about 10 degrees beimg OK. The hut is way too fucking hot. :eek:
Parties/social gatherings at normal people: Bring your own drink

At Scouse's: Bring your own drink and a fucking thick winter coat and an umbrella for when it rains

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

You will notice the difference, we've only had the heating on properly a handful of times this winter (though it has been quite mild round these parts) It's set to 20 on the thermostat, just doesn't need to come on much.

A properly insulated old house will blow away most insulated new builds and will be cool in the summer, we didn't actually lose a huge amount of space either, a couple of cms, at most. I am hoping to get a small wood burner for the living room next winter, I never did get around to finishing the fireplace properly.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Parties/social gatherings at normal people: Bring your own drink

At Scouse's: Bring your own drink and a fucking thick winter coat and an umbrella for when it rains
What you mean for "when" it rains? It's not stopped since September.

But why suffer the convenience of carrying a brolly? Just wear shorts and no t-shirt. You've got wipe-dry skin, haven't you?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What you mean for "when" it rains? It's not stopped since September.

But why suffer the convenience of carrying a brolly? Just wear shorts and no t-shirt. You've got wipe-dry skin, haven't you?

Why bother with a roof at all?

Lightweight.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why bother with a roof at all?

Lightweight.
You're stoking my fantasies now Gaff.

I wouldn't tbh. I'd happily wander the earth in nothing but my shorts if the o/h would join me. But unfortunately she has ideas about requiring kitchens and nice blankets and things and stuff.

Plus. She won't leave the cat :eek:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lol, cat > scouse. I keep having images of Steptoe and Son pop into my head (loved that show so much).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd have plenty of legal tender of I sold the house.

But: cat :eek:

*Yes yes. I'm already a bum.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

That's the same price we paid for our Bosch one.....

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There was a report not long ago about a guy that got quoted more than he paid for the car, new, for a new battery.

The sooner we just rip the plaster off and switch to hydrogen, the better.

New cars. Shit.

My 10 yr old car just hit the magic 40k miles, so no rush here. They only made 3k of them too, so hopefully I can sell it on later in life.

Bodhi

Petrol and Hybrids are still the way forwards at this point in time - with maybe diesel if you're still doing lots of miles.

EVs are a good example of how things go wrong when governments try to interfere too much in the free market - you end up being forced into products that don't really work (see also Heat Pumps).

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Finally got myself a new phone. A OnePlus Nord 3 5G. Everything's an improvement on my very old and scratched-up Pixel 3. No headphone jack, but I'm going to splurge out on a decent set of ear buds. My first experience of Oxygen OS. 120 Hz refresh rate, Dolby Atmos, decent display. Camera seems to be OK. The only pain in the arse is having to adjust every app's settings. I was going to get a Pixel 8 Pro but I heard how bad the camera was on it, and decided to give it a miss (at least until Google fix it). Currently downloading Genshin Impact (ridiculously large game file lol).

Ormorof

FH is my second home
There was a report not long ago about a guy that got quoted more than he paid for the car, new, for a new battery.

The sooner we just rip the plaster off and switch to hydrogen, the better.

New cars. Shit.

My 10 yr old car just hit the magic 40k miles, so no rush here. They only made 3k of them too, so hopefully I can sell it on later in life.

A 10 year old car only driven that little is a bit of a rarity no? Hardly the norm :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A 10 year old car only driven that little is a bit of a rarity no? Hardly the norm :D

It is, yes, but people still replace their cars far too early and for no reason at all, because they've seen an EV.

Bodhi

Finally got myself a new phone. A OnePlus Nord 3 5G. Everything's an improvement on my very old and scratched-up Pixel 3. No headphone jack, but I'm going to splurge out on a decent set of ear buds. My first experience of Oxygen OS. 120 Hz refresh rate, Dolby Atmos, decent display. Camera seems to be OK. The only pain in the arse is having to adjust every app's settings. I was going to get a Pixel 8 Pro but I heard how bad the camera was on it, and decided to give it a miss (at least until Google fix it). Currently downloading Genshin Impact (ridiculously large game file lol).

Sounds like a good excuse for a pair of Sony XM4s.

Don't bother with the 5s as they seem to be a step back, don't fold and not as comfy as the 4s.

Also 120hz is great until you see what it does to battery life - it isn't pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom