SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Me?? I can't even tell what that is or what it's doing.
Exactly!! Basically that is what you produce when "writing" software.

/me gets his coat and goes to make a decaff coffee :(

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Exactly!! Basically that is what you produce when "writing" software.

/me gets his coat and goes to make a decaff coffee :(
Asshat! :twak: I waz l33t c0d3r!

Seriously though you did just remind me of a funny story. My last work place stopped me from coding a few years before I left (clapping and cheers from @Deebs would have been heard) ;).

However it wasn't for the reason you would expect. One of their senior US based dev teams had been working on a project for 8 weeks, 4 weeks overdue and still with no completion date in sight. I took a look at their work, asked them wtf they were doing, came back 30 minutes later with my attempt at a full solution. The code worked first time and passed all their unit tests. I caused such an embarrassment to the development team head and project manger they stopped me from doing any more coding because "I bypassed the process". :cool:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
So there I was eating dinner on the sofa watching Empire Strikes Back. I fumble the bowl of veg and the floor is now covered in sweetcorn, carrots, and broccoli. Ten minutes later I've picked them all up back into the bowl. On my way to the kitchen bin, I banged into the oven door which *someone* neglected to remind me was still open. The bowl of veg goes all over the floor. For the second time.

:eek:

My fault for trying to be healthy. No more.
I'm going to pour myself a glass of Toilet Duck

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucksake, now I am going to have to watch some Star Wars...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So was feeling childish this week so I got my wife with two things....

Me: Oh there's something I want next you go to Tesco
Her: What?
Me: It's a brand of nuts, its called Deez
Her: Deez? never heard of those
Me: Deez? surely you've heard of Deez before?
Her: *thinks* no? Deez what?
Me: Deez Nuts
Her: Fuck off you cunt

Later on, she was in the kitchen telling our youngest son what we're eating today, she goes "Swedish meatballs"

Me: Oh btw, I forgot to ask you this afternoon when you were out shopping, you reminded me on when you were on about Swedish Meatballs?
Her: What?
Me: Ligma, they're very similar to Swedish Meatballs
Her: Ligma what?
Me: Ligma Balls
Her: I fucking hate you

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Been outside tonight with the flir camera on my phone, my neighbour's composite door on the left, vs my original wooden door on the right. Considerable difference in heat loss, but I'm not changing it, not ever.

I also had the sash windows upgraded earlier this year, at considerable cost, but they look fantastic (best looking in the street IMO). Trying to work out if they're a bit warmer because I have wooden blinds, whereas the neighbours have fabric curtains. The blinds are buggered anyway so I may change to some smart powered fabric roller blinds.

FLIR_20240117_101411_689.jpgFLIR_20240117_101316_338.jpg

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Could just be the difference in ambient room temperatures, they might not heat the upstairs a lot if they're not up there often

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Could just be the difference in ambient room temperatures, they might not heat the upstairs a lot if they're not up there often

There's currently no radiator in that bedroom due to a major overhaul of the room and waiting on a heat pump install (during which they'll undoubtedly modify the radiator setup in the house). It's generally very cold in there right now.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I do too. But they're not cheap.

The proper ones are extremely expensive, but the mobile phone ones are cheap enough to pay themselves back within a few years. And you can always sell them, the 2nd hand prices are still quite high.

BTW if there's a nearby Carbon Collective, you might be able to borrow one for nowt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hella expensive. £350 for the cheapest one.
BTW if there's a nearby Carbon Collective, you might be able to borrow one for nowt.
Carbon collective? There's not even going to be a "Carbon geeky bloke on his own" around here ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeh I looked around and was surprised at how expensive those thing are. For that price I would want it to be able to kill a pigeon at 100metres.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aoKXVq0_460s.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yeh I looked around and was surprised at how expensive those thing are. For that price I would want it to be able to kill a pigeon at 100metres.

Likely economies of scale, they're a niche product so remain expensive. A bit like normal cameras would be expensive if almost everyone was blind. But they're excellent at revealing problems with your house. Buying mine has caused me to spend almost ten grand improving various bits and pieces (mostly upgrading the original windows), because I couldn't lie to myself any more that nothing needed to be done. Really glad I bought it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Hella expensive. £350 for the cheapest one.

Carbon collective? There's not even going to be a "Carbon geeky bloke on his own" around here ;)

You can rent them from places like Jewson and HSS. You're still talking 100 quid a day, but do you need one more than once or twice? I'm fortunate my brother in law is a structural engineer and he's got all kinds of stuff like this that I can borrow. I used his fibre optic when we had a drain problem a few years back and his FLIR during the "before" phase of our insulation work. I do need to get it again to look at the "after" (although the fact it's -2 outside and I don't even have a radiator on is a non-visual clue).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Royal College of Gynacologists deciding on Law now, I see.

We've abortion laws for a reason - 24 weeks is the limit because above that it's a viable human foetus that can feel pain. So we define that as something akin to murder.

Women who get to that point can give children up for adoption - but the RCOG is saying it's not in the public interest to tell the police when these women commit crimes.

It's not their place to say or do. In fact the RCOG needs a talking to here.

Full disclosure: have been the beneficiary of abortion. (Thank fuck).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom