SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ah ok, hopefully it won't be too long before they do the work.

best hurry up the cunts, got two growing boys in the house and a wife and we all use the net, it gets laggy at times when they're all hogging the line to download shite.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm listening to an audiobook of Player Of Games for I think the third time. Which is unheard of for me.

It's so bloody good. Thorough recommend. In fact if I was going to recommend anyone start the culture novels I'd say skip Consider Phlebas and start here.

Yep I have read the actual book too. ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Batten down your garden shit, just seen the weather forecast and this storm Ciaran.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Does @Jupitus come under your garden or Freddie's?
Freddie's. He is normally fishing in the pond but I doubt he will be this week. Might go and put some chicken wire over it to make sure he doesn't fall in.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Freddie's. He is normally fishing in the pond but I doubt he will be this week. Might go and put some chicken wire over it to make sure he doesn't fall in.
It'll need to be a very fine mesh.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I just watched the news and they showed people on the south coast releasing thousands of lobster babies. I did think that if @Jupitus got someone to drive him there he could use a kids fishing net and catch a few which would then feed him for months.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucksake, I need to get better at managing my web browser usage:

1698767161276.png

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucksake, I need to get better at managing my web browser usage:

View attachment 48295
Fucksake, that was for just one tab, I had 4 other FF tabs and between them it was over 1,500 windows to close. No wonder my laptop was as slow as fuck. Rebooted and patched now, sounds like it wants to go hover as it does its post install optimisation. Maybe I need to stick a post-it note om the screen, "Close your fucking windows you twat!"

Embattle

FH is my second home
That is very dad like, every time the old man passes me his phone he has 100+ tabs open.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That is very dad like, every time the old man passes me his phone he has 100+ tabs open.
One thing I wish I could do that my Dad has done all his life is build things. My brother is like my Dad and can build extensions, garages, cars etc.

Not me, if it does not involve a computer of some description it is an epic fail.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have 81 tabs on my phone's browser. I just don't understand how it works. And those tab group things too, it's fucking stupid. Just let me have 5 actual paper-looking tabs that I can see (rather than a box and a number), like my desktop browser, and any more I get a prompt to close one.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyone know how to find out who to talk to about path/road classification with your local council?

This sign has been whacked on a bridleway near me:

20231102_080346.jpg

Which has me paranoid that the national park is going to come along and do some disastrous "improvement" works.

It's a bridleway, not "unclassified", clearly shows as such on OS maps. It's also part of an official snowdonia leisure network route.

I've a bad feeling that gravel could be incoming (they've been fucking all sorts of paths across the national park) and I want to find out if there are any plans...

@Tom, maybe?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Presuming Wales has the same laws in this regard as England.

You need to see the council's definitive map. That shows your council's understanding of the rights of way it is responsible for ensuring access to. It isn't an exhaustive list though, because rights of way can exist that aren't yet legally recognised. That recognition comes with what's called a Definitive Map Modification Order. Basically if you can demonstrate [with evidence] 20 years uninterrupted use of a route, where nobody has attempted to stop you, you can get your council to issue a DMMO. It doesn't need hundreds of people to use the route - it can be just one person.

Some councils have their definitive map online. Lots don't. You might be able to find it by looking for an "interactive map" from your council - they often have RoW's as a layer.

By the way, it is very difficult to extinguish a right of way. Also, get in touch with your local ramblers. They're experts.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Once you've established it is actually a RoW, you should speak to your council and ask if planning permission has been applied for, for any works on that route. You need planning even for simple things like gates. You should speak to your council's footpaths officer (if they still have one), and also any local stables etc. The horsey types are very particular about surfaces and have a voice that's far louder than they actually deserve IMO. The horsey people have fucked up some routes around Manchester very badly. They ruined the path along the guided busway out of Leigh, it's fucking crap. And they also kyboshed any hope of upgrading this very important path out of Reddish Vale, because apparently horses can't walk on ice. Well neither can anyone else you twats. Google Maps

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Oh BTW, "unclassified" can be a bridleway. The latter is just a right of way across some land. It can take any form, even a muddy field. It doesn't have to be a road. There are caveats, like farmers can't plow across a right of way, etc, but "unclassified" is meaningless in this context.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh BTW, "unclassified" can be a bridleway. The latter is just a right of way across some land. It can take any form, even a muddy field. It doesn't have to be a road. There are caveats, like farmers can't plow across a right of way, etc, but "unclassified" is meaningless in this context.
I've pinged the people who run the Conwy definitive map.

It's bizarre that they've bothered putting a unclassified road sign on the post if that's the case. It's a BW on OSMaps - and the OS says it takes it's RoW from the definitive map.

Got trauma from this sort of shit - the trashing of a SSSI without the legally required environmental surveys. Just to spend some money they had.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Some councils don't even have digital mapping services. Don't rely on OS maps. The definitive map is the one to look at.

Also, is it a restricted byway, or a bridleway? Or maybe it's a Byway Open to All Traffic? Free OS maps are quite low resolution and sometimes it's tricky to see. Public rights of way symbols | Blog | Ordnance Survey

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Some councils don't even have digital mapping services. Don't rely on OS maps. The definitive map is the one to look at.

Also, is it a restricted byway, or a bridleway? Or maybe it's a Byway Open to All Traffic? Free OS maps are quite low resolution and sometimes it's tricky to see. Public rights of way symbols | Blog | Ordnance Survey
Got pay-for OS Maps. The premium version indicates bridleway and OS maps say it takes that from the definitive map.

But I've mailed 'em :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yet another attack on freedom of thought by the UK:

I wouldn't mind so much but you just know Labour's got a secret list of things they're going to make illegal to think when they get in. Looking at Starmer, other than scrapping planning laws and building on the green belt it's probably the only thing they have plans for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom