SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Wow, that is amazing.

@Jupitus when @Tom mentions big rocks you need to realise that due to your height they are mini mountain peaks on the hiking trail.
I've met Tom. He's huge. Looks like he eats rocks. Must be what, 15 years ago now Tom?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've met Tom. He's huge. Looks like he eats rocks. Must be what, 15 years ago now Tom?

haha I'm a lot less huge now, for a few years I lost my way but I regained it and sorted myself out. Covid put a bit of a dent in that but I'm working on it.

BTW I still have your receiver but I currently have no use for it and want to move it on, would you like it back?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Lol, as if atheists get off scot free in this conversation.

Lenin, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot were all atheists, and all responsible for pretty horrendous death tolls.

That's why I'm a proud Dudeist. We only get slightly irate if you pee on our rugs.
I don’t believe anyone is saying atheists can’t be cunts. Of course they can. Stalin wasn’t doing his shit for ‘atheistic’ reasons though, whatever that might mean.

It’s a meaningless comparison but I tend to think of Stalin as a bigger monster than Hitler. It doesn’t make me think twice about atheism though. That’d be like, if he was a tea drinker, blaming the love of tea for his cuntishness.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Hmm. Not sure what to make of the new Pixel 8 Pro. From the videos I've seen its a massive disappointment.

Its £1000 (more if you want the 0.5 TB version)

Fingerprint sensor still only optical. A bit hit & miss
Refresh rate is only 120 Hz (144 would have been better, almost expected at that price)
Google are pushing their new 3rd gen chipset yet the phone can't even handle Genshin Impact on max settings without frame rate drop-out
(Motorola released a £199 budget blower recently which can handle it. How is that possible ? lol)
Phone heats up like an oven after only 30 mins gameplay
Photos are not as good as expected
Video uses software more than hardware. Badly lit, artificial colors make video look it was shot on a 20 year old low res phone.
Battery is good, but wired charging is painfully slow. 30W ! Seriously ? The Chinese are putting out phones with 165W fast chargers. And Google doesn't even put one in the box. I've just given you £1000. Where's the frigging charger ? lol

The S23 Ultra is leagues ahead of it, and its coming up to a year old now.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Got my new iPhone here. It's kind of essential with kids to have iPhones to hand down. The wrong phone can lead to poor social status.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hmm. Not sure what to make of the new Pixel 8 Pro. From the videos I've seen its a massive disappointment.

Its £1000 (more if you want the 0.5 TB version)

Fingerprint sensor still only optical. A bit hit & miss
Refresh rate is only 120 Hz (144 would have been better, almost expected at that price)
Google are pushing their new 3rd gen chipset yet the phone can't even handle Genshin Impact on max settings without frame rate drop-out
(Motorola released a £199 budget blower recently which can handle it. How is that possible ? lol)
Phone heats up like an oven after only 30 mins gameplay
Photos are not as good as expected
Video uses software more than hardware. Badly lit, artificial colors make video look it was shot on a 20 year old low res phone.
Battery is good, but wired charging is painfully slow. 30W ! Seriously ? The Chinese are putting out phones with 165W fast chargers. And Google doesn't even put one in the box. I've just given you £1000. Where's the frigging charger ? lol

The S23 Ultra is leagues ahead of it, and its coming up to a year old now.

Mine was delivered yesterday, quite funny when the DPD driver asked if I minded to tell him what was in the box since he had so many of them to deliver.

I only went for the 256 GB version since my previous phone had that much and I got no where near filling it.
I've not noticed any more of a problem with the fingerprint reader than any previous phone I've had, I've made sure I've turned on the screen protector mode.
I'm not sure my phones screen refresh rate is going to bother me being only 120 Hz rather than 144 Hz.
I don't tend to game on my phone so can't really attest to heat issues but I wouldn't be surprised.
I suspect the photos will be better than the Pixel 7 Pro but then if I was serious about photography I wouldn't use a phone any way.
Never shot a long video or one that doesn't involve one of our dogs doing something stupid.
I charge every day so doubt I'll notice much issue with the battery. I did have a OnePlus phone that could do wireless charging faster, ironically I still use the wireless charger, but again it isn't something I'll personally worry about.

I took advantage of both the trade in and a free Pixel 2 watch when I ordered my Pixel 8 Pro (256), I also ordered the official case but then ordered a Spigen screen protector from Amazon. I like the fact they've ditched the curved screen edges, I didn't like them when they arrived on other phones and didn't see the point of them when google put them on the Pixel because in essence curved screen edges looked like a solution for a problem that didn't ever exist. At least with them now gone it opened up the option to get a better tempered glass screen protector rather than the plastic screen protectors.

I'll never buy a non Pixel phone, I've had a few other brands between the Nexus and Pixels I've owned, as I much prefer Android without the need for manufacturers to think they can do something better than google and just take many more months to release any updates with worse own brand apps. I also like the fact you can get 7 years of updates with the Pixel 8 Pro now.

The Samsung S23 Ultra was released in February and is a faster, higher spec phone and thus probably better, but then it is still a more expensive phone. I would also add besides my previously mention points regarding updates which is something that is important to me I've had a long dislike of Samsung build quality and warranty since my sister had 2 Samsung phones that ran into hardware issues and then ever further back a Samsung netbook which when she opened it had a massive golf ball sized dead spot on the screen and Samsung refused to replace it.

Some reviews:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Got my new iPhone here. It's kind of essential with kids to have iPhones to hand down. The wrong phone can lead to poor social status.

Girl child gets the wife's iPhone hand me downs. Boy child gets my Androids (Galaxy Note 9 currently; it'll be my Pixel Pro next). Both seem happy with the arrangement.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Good to see many Pixel owners on here!

Or what the rest of us Android lot call them "beta testers".

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Got an S10+ I bought years ago after my last one was stolen.

Erm. It's a phone?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
haha I'm a lot less huge now, for a few years I lost my way but I regained it and sorted myself out. Covid put a bit of a dent in that but I'm working on it.

BTW I still have your receiver but I currently have no use for it and want to move it on, would you like it back?
haha nah mate I've got one of them tube things now. gotta see that electron flux baby!

but if you're ever in AMS feel free to shout out. we could get a beverage :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
haha nah mate I've got one of them tube things now. gotta see that electron flux baby!

but if you're ever in AMS feel free to shout out. we could get a beverage

My youngest is on a flight over there now... it was the older one who visited before and was alot younger. He's off to some expo with friends (y)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking pigeons. Fucking pigeons. Did I say fucking pigeons?

So just before it starts getting dark I decided to go for my 4th walk around the estate where I live. This time I thought lets play some 80's music through the ear pods and enjoy it that little bit more.

So I set off, music on but not loud, I can still hear cars, people and kids etc. I also look around whenever I am going to cross - all I need is the Green Cross Code green giant and between us there is a new advert waiting for the minions. So anyway, about a 3rd of the way around on a path I have a fright and actually stumbled all whilst I was standing still.

Some fucker of a pigeon thought I was spying and looking for him, fuck no. So stood there for a few minutes and then set off again. Was actually scared for some reason and this fucking pigeon sensed it and thought "I am gonna give that fucker a heart attack".

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking pigeons. Fucking pigeons. Did I say fucking pigeons?

So just before it starts getting dark I decided to go for my 4th walk around the estate where I live. This time I thought lets play some 80's music through the ear pods and enjoy it that little bit more.

So I set off, music on but not loud, I can still hear cars, people and kids etc. I also look around whenever I am going to cross - all I need is the Green Cross Code green giant and between us there is a new advert waiting for the minions. So anyway, about a 3rd of the way around on a path I have a fright and actually stumbled all whilst I was standing still.

Some fucker of a pigeon thought I was spying and looking for him, fuck no. So stood there for a few minutes and then set off again. Was actually scared for some reason and this fucking pigeon sensed it and thought "I am gonna give that fucker a heart attack".

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
a2KVVNe_460s.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
"Boys that rub me up the wrong way come to a sticky end"
Stephen Fry (QI)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Observation is just a crude explanation. The wavefunction collapses and the wave becomes localized upon detection or measurement. The square (or more accurately the square modulus) of the wavefunction gives the probability of finding the object in a particular location.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What I don't understand is why physicists spend so much time on string theory when it is virtually impossible to prove its existence in a lab. If they build a particle accelerator the size of the solar system we might be in with a chance...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Or why men spend time trying to understand how the brain of their wife works. Also impossible. Just obey. Its far easier. And you'll have a happier life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom