SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I want to get some ear buds for Android

Borrowed a friend's Apple Airpods Pro 2....they were amazing. Phenomenal noise cancellation and great sound quality. Looking for a pair very similar to those but not Apple. Any suggestions. I really don't wanna pay more than £200 for them.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I want to get some ear buds for Android

Borrowed a friend's Apple Airpods Pro 2....they were amazing. Phenomenal noise cancellation and great sound quality. Looking for a pair very similar to those but not Apple. Any suggestions. I really don't wanna pay more than £200 for them.

Bose Quietcomfort II. Bit over your budget (although there are usually deals to be found) but they were the best I've found for comfort and sound.

Having said that I've given up on earbuds altogether because my ears rebel and fill up with so much wax I end up deaf. My doctor banned them as I've had to get my ears syringed 3-4 times a year. I've switched to cans and things are a lot better (not perfect, it's obviously the noise as well us the foreign object stuck in my ear canal that is the problem).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Bose Quietcomfort II. Bit over your budget (although there are usually deals to be found) but they were the best I've found for comfort and sound.

Having said that I've given up on earbuds altogether because my ears rebel and fill up with so much wax I end up deaf. My doctor banned them as I've had to get my ears syringed 3-4 times a year. I've switched to cans and things are a lot better (not perfect, it's obviously the noise as well us the foreign object stuck in my ear canal that is the problem).
You can still get syringing done at your GP in Ireland? Hasn't been available in UK for about 10 years. My ears are totally Father Jack. I sometimes like to annoy my son by pressing an ear up against his nose and making him retch at the smell.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You can still get syringing done at your GP in Ireland? Hasn't been available in UK for about 10 years. My ears are totally Father Jack. I sometimes like to annoy my son by pressing an ear up against his nose and making him retch at the smell.

€60 a go. My doctor doesn't let the nurse do mine because when he does my ears it is, I quote, "extremely satisfying". You could mortar walls with the amount of gunk that comes out.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
€60 a go. My doctor doesn't let the nurse do mine because when he does my ears it is, I quote, "extremely satisfying". You could mortar walls with the amount of gunk that comes out.

We have to go to Specsavers, where it is about the same price. I went in to potentially have my left ear done as it's felt blocked since I got back from Vietnam, as if it never really "popped" after the flight from Singapore.

Did a hearing test and the chap said it was clean as a whistle, so obviously the blockage is behind the ear drum, so I've been referred to ENT. Strangely enough a couple of hours after getting back from the appointment it started popping and my hearing improved, still not great though.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
We have to go to Specsavers, where it is about the same price. I went in to potentially have my left ear done as it's felt blocked since I got back from Vietnam, as if it never really "popped" after the flight from Singapore.

Did a hearing test and the chap said it was clean as a whistle, so obviously the blockage is behind the ear drum, so I've been referred to ENT. Strangely enough a couple of hours after getting back from the appointment it started popping and my hearing improved, still not great though.

I have a similar thing in my right ear and indeed also noticed it after a flight. It appears there are air bubbles on the inside side of my ear drum. I asked my doc how to get rid and he said the doctor equivalent of "yeahhhh good luck mate" :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have a similar thing in my right ear and indeed also noticed it after a flight. It appears there are air bubbles on the inside side of my ear drum. I asked my doc how to get rid and he said the doctor equivalent of "yeahhhh good luck mate" :(
Barotrauma m8.

You'll sort it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Something to kill your time for a bit, for science

Actually pretty cool :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What don't you like about the perception census @JBP| ? It's universities collaborating on building a spectrum of how humans percieve the world differently.

Or did yer finger slip on the rating? ;)

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
What don't you like about the perception census @JBP| ? It's universities collaborating on building a spectrum of how humans percieve the world differently.

I'm with Jbp on this one - and no, I'm not burying my head in the sand or stimying scientific progress. It's just the research can be used against us, in ways we can't even begin to fathom. Mapping perception will help tune the inputs, and from that to improved advertising or worse is just a step.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm with Jbp on this one - and no, I'm not burying my head in the sand or stimying scientific progress. It's just the research can be used against us, in ways we can't even begin to fathom. Mapping perception will help tune the inputs, and from that to improved advertising or worse is just a step.
Jeebuz. :(

Yes, research can be used in horrible ways. But it can be used in good ways too. Regardless of your input that research is going to end up getting used how it gets used - but the value to YOU is a very interesting journey of discovery on how YOU percieve the world.

That's worth more than some cunt firing adverts at you - which is gonna happen anyway. And it can feed into some really good stuff too.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
John Carpenter GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

JBP|

Part of the furniture

Slippy finger syndrome I'm afraid, however it's not something I would take part in.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is so sad:

Went kayaking round north Anglesey the other week. Not a long kayak, just a few miles out and back along the coast. Saw more dead or ill seabirds on that one trip than I've seen in the last few years. Guillemots, the saddest Cormorant on a beach still alive with it's head bowed with water washing up it. I got really close to a tern and took pictures until I realised I shouldn't be able to get so close to it - when I realised it was sick and just wasn't able to give a shit that a potential predator was coming so close. :(

1690544575664.jpegJust eyes closed on the rock, not giving a fuck about me :(

Last edited:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuck me, another weekend where I have not slept for over 24 hours. Don't feel tired at all, been watching shite to pass the time and sorting out my 3 NAS'. Got one of the fuckers with 20 odd hard drives in them, could probably buy 4/5 22TB drives, swap and sell the old ones and save a fortune on the electric bill.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fuck me, another weekend where I have not slept for over 24 hours. Don't feel tired at all, been watching shite to pass the time and sorting out my 3 NAS'. Got one of the fuckers with 20 odd hard drives in them, could probably buy 4/5 22TB drives, swap and sell the old ones and save a fortune on the electric bill.
I've got the big Lian Li D8000 (I think we've spoken about it before) with 40-odd 4 TB drives in and a case with another 10 in connected to it through a HBA and that's all switched off 99% of the time now - it's made a noticeable difference to the bill. With fibre I more often than not find it easier to re-download what I want to watch than turn the beast on, wait for the 3 HBAs to find all of the disks and then wait for the whole thing to boot. I bring it online to scrub the pools every couple of months but other than that, it's just cold storage now.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've got the big Lian Li D8000 (I think we've spoken about it before) with 40-odd 4 TB drives in and a case with another 10 in connected to it through a HBA and that's all switched off 99% of the time now - it's made a noticeable difference to the bill. With fibre I more often than not find it easier to re-download what I want to watch than turn the beast on, wait for the 3 HBAs to find all of the disks and then wait for the whole thing to boot. I bring it online to scrub the pools every couple of months but other than that, it's just cold storage now.
That is exactly the same case and I do believe we spoke about it in the past. I also have 2 HPE Gen10 Microservers and a Synology that are on 24x7. Yeh, I am skint and have warmed up the planet.

One of the Microservers will be going offsite as a backup (holds all my docs, pictures etc, no pr0n, that does not need to stored offsite!).

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
old_files.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom