SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Apparently I just had an ocular, or retinal, migraine. Never had one before. A multicoloured band interfering with my vision, looked pretty much exactly like this but without the blurred bit. Flashing, like a C64 loading screen:

ocular-migraine-678x450.jpg

It started right in the centre, both eyes (closing either made no difference so I presume it was a brain thing), and slowly over 20 minutes or so expanded to the edge of my vision. Gone now. Initially I thought it was just my eyes being weird because I'd looked at a plane in the sky.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Apparently I just had an ocular, or retinal, migraine. Never had one before. A multicoloured band interfering with my vision, looked pretty much exactly like this but without the blurred bit. Flashing, like a C64 loading screen:

View attachment 47809

It started right in the centre, both eyes (closing either made no difference so I presume it was a brain thing), and slowly over 20 minutes or so expanded to the edge of my vision. Gone now. Initially I thought it was just my eyes being weird because I'd looked at a plane in the sky.

No wonder you got a migraine, you've got an interceptor in your eye ball.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

View attachment 47809

latest

Wij

I am a FH squatter

View attachment 47809

Are you sure it wasn't a mini-stroke? Been to the doctor?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Haha getting to see a doctor these days, lol. Nah it wasn't a stroke, it was definitely what I've said. Right now I'm putting it down to the heat and since I've been drinking a lot, low electrolytes or something. Went to Boots and bought some rehydration tablets.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol:

So, they didn't charge in the 80's, because the Tories wanted to stop fly-tipping. They then brought in charging for DIY stuff (think it was Labour) fly tipping predictably went through the roof, so they're banning charging again, to stop fly tipping, so the councils are saying everyone's council tax will go up.

But they didn't give a discount last time did they? So it's a merry-go-round of excuses to increase council tax.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A switch fell off the pcb in my wife's key fob, so I had to cross the connection with my knife, in a pub car park to get us home. Vauxhall wanted £300 for a new one.

Fuck that, I bought a soldering iron for £20 and a switch for 65p. All good, now I am going to learn how to solder more delicate stuff.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A switch fell off the pcb in my wife's key fob, so I had to cross the connection with my knife, in a pub car park to get us home. Vauxhall wanted £300 for a new one.

Fuck that, I bought a soldering iron for £20 and a switch for 65p. All good, now I am going to learn how to solder more delicate stuff.

Be careful not to lift pads off the PCB, it's easily done. Then you're into bodge wire territory. Personally I favour solder suckers for removing excess solder. Others prefer braid. It's certainly a skill that takes a while to master.

There's a bunch of things you need if you want to create clean solder joints. A decent iron, decent solder, a tin of flux, isopropyl alcohol (for cleaning before and after), a cheap paint brush, a solder sucker, braid, a magnifying glass with arms to hold stuff, a decent light on that glass, and absolutely a proper stand with a wet sponge for cleaning the iron's tip.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Be careful not to lift pads off the PCB, it's easily done. Then you're into bodge wire territory. Personally I favour solder suckers for removing excess solder. Others prefer braid. It's certainly a skill that takes a while to master.

There's a bunch of things you need if you want to create clean solder joints. A decent iron, decent solder, a tin of flux, isopropyl alcohol (for cleaning before and after), a cheap paint brush, a solder sucker, braid, a magnifying glass with arms to hold stuff, a decent light on that glass, and absolutely a proper stand with a wet sponge for cleaning the iron's tip.

Yeah, I have a few bits on order, not spent loads as I will likely get reasonably good at then bored with it, a hobby of mine in itself. Ordered a couple of LED lighting boards that have a load of components to practice on.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Shame on labour!

I mean, most Tories are shameless, but labour allow a law through that contains a clause forbidding council leaders to say how they would use their boycott powers if they retained them - effectively banning them from even just talking about the possibility of a boycott.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Whilst it's definitely amusing - it's clear evidence that the tinpot hatters are correct - that politically inconvenient people (protesters for example) could have banking services cut off for them, making their lives unworkable.

And that goes just as easily for those who have legitimate beefs against governments as opposed to potentially criminal asshats.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Whilst it's definitely amusing - it's clear evidence that the tinpot hatters are correct - that politically inconvenient people (protesters for example) could have banking services cut off for them, making their lives unworkable.

And that goes just as easily for those who have legitimate beefs against governments as opposed to potentially criminal asshats.

Oh I don't disagree, I hate Farage with passion but I think Banks is very much in the wrong here. Banks should not be allowed to dictate what is acceptable to say or protest, it's dangerous to allow them to do so and I wholeheartedly hope the Government comes down hard on them for it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Um - unless he's under AML investigation.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Also possible I guess, could also be why he's making such a big who har about it so he can go "Oh I didn't do anything wrong, they're just out to get me!" I'm sure we'll find out in the coming months/years.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Also possible I guess, could also be why he's making such a big who har about it so he can go "Oh I didn't do anything wrong, they're just out to get me!" I'm sure we'll find out in the coming months/years.

Because when you're under an AML investigation bank staff are explicitly prohibited from telling you you're under investigation. I went through that particular training course several times.

Farage is a PEP and that comes with banking challenges even when you're squeaky clean.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My post wasn't really about Farage. But yeah, AML/PEP, understood.

I've not read much about it - but you can't freeze all banking services to an individual under investigation though, surely.

DaGaffer

There are two scenarios, banks, who would sell their own grandmother for body parts if there was a quid in it, have turned their "ethical" noses up at a rabble rousing rent-a-gob and suspended his accounts, or, he's under investigation.

Let Occam's Razor be your guide.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
he's under investigation.

Occam's Razor
Yeah. Likely. It occured to me already.

However, whilst I don't give a stuff about Farage (he'll be fine) I do give a stuff about others. It's easily abused, no?

As much as I hate cash...

DaGaffer

Yeah. Likely. It occured to me already.

However, whilst I don't give a stuff about Farage (he'll be fine) I do give a stuff about others. It's easily abused, no?

As much as I hate cash...

Well, I don't know what the rules are in Blighty these days, but here in civilization, the right to a bank account (and the rules on suspending one) are legal rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom