SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I just wasted 40 minutes of my life watching a man put stuff into drawers

View: https://youtu.be/4FlnpQRHbTU

OK, yes, it's Adam Savage and I love watching his videos. But seriously. What's next ? Adam blows his nose ? Adam's favourite Belgian tax forms from the 70s ?

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is making me think of what sort of storage I need for my barn tho...

It never really seems to matter, whatever you choose someone will mess it up. Teaching people to load the dishwasher is taking me years.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It never really seems to matter, whatever you choose someone will mess it up.
There's only me to mess it up, so if I mess it up it's on me :)

I need storage for:

• Four mountain bikes
  • All the MTB kit (multiple helmets, bags, shoes, body armour / pads)
  • All the bike fixing kit / tools / spares etc.
  • Four kayaks (only got two at the moment, but one of these might be a feature next year)
  • All the kayaking kit (paddles / helmets / spraydecks / pfd's / radios / dry bags etc.)
  • Freezer storage for 50-60 chickens, maybe a couple of whole sheep, maybe a whole pig (future proofing for the animals - I've got 17 guinea fowl in the 'chicken tractor' at the moment and another 10 hatching today in the incubator. Sheep n pigs might be a next year thing).
And good-looking solutions for stuff like my generator, my power tools (chainsaw, brush cutter drills etc), lawn mower.

Then I'll want worktop space and desk space etc.

I've no idea tbh. I don't want to just get some shelves with baskets and then just end up fecking everything into them in haphazard fashion. :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
There's only me to mess it up, so if I mess it up it's on me :)

I need storage for:

• Four mountain bikes
  • All the MTB kit (multiple helmets, bags, shoes, body armour / pads)
  • All the bike fixing kit / tools / spares etc.
  • Four kayaks (only got two at the moment, but one of these might be a feature next year)
  • All the kayaking kit (paddles / helmets / spraydecks / pfd's / radios / dry bags etc.)
  • Freezer storage for 50-60 chickens, maybe a couple of whole sheep, maybe a whole pig (future proofing for the animals - I've got 17 guinea fowl in the 'chicken tractor' at the moment and another 10 hatching today in the incubator. Sheep n pigs might be a next year thing).
And good-looking solutions for stuff like my generator, my power tools (chainsaw, brush cutter drills etc), lawn mower.

Then I'll want worktop space and desk space etc.

I've no idea tbh. I don't want to just get some shelves with baskets and then just end up fecking everything into them in haphazard fashion. :(
Fucking hell when does Scouse' farm start on Prime? You started filming yet?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I dunno. His missus is a bit of a horse.
Got a bit of deja vu so apologies if asked before. Do you have any webcams pointed at the animals etc?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Got a bit of deja vu so apologies if asked before. Do you have any webcams pointed at the animals etc?
Nah. We've got limited-bandwidth unreliable internet so spunking webcams around the place is just another job of limited value when there's so many other things to be getting on with.

I'll take some pics tho :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
It never really seems to matter, whatever you choose someone will mess it up. Teaching people to load the dishwasher is taking me years.

Dishwashers are for idiots. Sorry, but they are. Take ages filling them up, the wash and drying takes ages. When its done, the stuff is still wet. You can never quite fit everything in it, and you end up doing some by hand. The dog licks the plates as you're stacking them in, things fall down gaps. shelves come off their runners. You need to buy the block things. Washing by hand is quicker and better.

Our dishwasher is now a storage cupboard. Got a pair of my boots I use for the garden in it.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
...and a crowbar. Yes I keep a crowbar in the dishwasher. To open crates. Yes, yes. That's why I have one. Not at all for waving at Jehova's Witnesses.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dishwashers are for idiots. Sorry, but they are. Take ages filling them up, the wash and drying takes ages. When its done, the stuff is still wet. You can never quite fit everything in it, and you end up doing some by hand. The dog licks the plates as you're stacking them in, things fall down gaps. shelves come off their runners. You need to buy the block things. Washing by hand is quicker and better.

Our dishwasher is now a storage cupboard. Got a pair of my boots I use for the garden in it.
Gonna show this to the missus. It's something I've always strongly suspected as we've never had one but we'll be getting one.

Maybe they're useful when you're cooking for millions, but for day to day the washing up takes seconds really.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Gonna show this to the missus. It's something I've always strongly suspected as we've never had one but we'll be getting one.

Maybe they're useful when you're cooking for millions, but for day to day the washing up takes seconds really.
The wife tells me off for washing things by hand when we have a dishwasher. It really pisses her off for some reason.

Whereas, what pisses me off is when I can't find something because the wife has snuck it into the dishwasher.

Madness.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

You're just bad at process. Fill the dishwasher as you go and then it's easy. And if everything is still wet, get a better dishwasher or stack it properly in the first place.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You're just bad at process. Fill the dishwasher as you go and then it's easy. And if everything is still wet, get a better dishwasher or stack it properly in the first place.
Honestly, I'd wager that the filling of the dishwasher and the correct stacking, the turning it on and then unloading it is slower than just washing up as you go.

But I'll do some science on that before we get the new kitchen (next year sometime) and get some actual data* :)

*if I can be arsed, which, lets face it, is unlikely.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Honestly, I'd wager that the filling of the dishwasher and the correct stacking, the turning it on and then unloading it is slower than just washing up as you go.

But I'll do some science on that before we get the new kitchen (next year sometime) and get some actual data* :)

You know I'm exactly the kind of massive nerd (who's also incredibly lazy) who'd do the maths on this. If you train the family right (and god knows that's been a challenge) then the dishwasher just fills up during the day, switched on in the evening, and then the only actual work is emptying it when I come down for breakfast and adding in anything left in the sink after it was switched on. If you use pots and pans (and we do, a lot), then it's WAY less effort than handwashing. But it is a process, the right stuff in the top, the right stuff in the bottom, forks pointing UP,never down (because they'll stick out the bottom of the basket and interfere with the bottom spinny thing) and various little things like that, and it works fine and takes less effort.

Of course my family all hate me because I'm a dishwasher Nazi, but fuck that defeatist noise.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Of course my family all hate me because I'm a dishwasher Nazi, but fuck that defeatist noise.
Sounds like the gains must be marginal if you have to train them so hard :)

It'd be really difficult to actually do the maths on "wash as you go on" - because are you really going to count the five seconds it takes to wash a single fork?

Edit: I suspect the benefit to me of a dishwasher is that it will stop the o/h moaning about dishes.

Of course, that'll free her up to moan about something else :eek:

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is far more efficient water wise, ours goes on once a day just after lunchtime. I mean it isn't as if we live in a country surrounded by water where it rains so much all our turds end up in the sea this not wasting water is important.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
You know I'm exactly the kind of massive nerd (who's also incredibly lazy) who'd do the maths on this. If you train the family right (and god knows that's been a challenge) then the dishwasher just fills up during the day, switched on in the evening, and then the only actual work is emptying it when I come down for breakfast and adding in anything left in the sink after it was switched on. If you use pots and pans (and we do, a lot), then it's WAY less effort than handwashing. But it is a process, the right stuff in the top, the right stuff in the bottom, forks pointing UP,never down (because they'll stick out the bottom of the basket and interfere with the bottom spinny thing) and various little things like that, and it works fine and takes less effort.

You still have a cutlery basket? How quaint.

/me strokes cutlery tray. Pack it properly and you can empty it in about 20 seconds flat.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

They use less energy and water than hand washing

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They use less energy and water than hand washing
So, if they actually take longer then we're burning up time to save water for corrupt water companies who let somewhere between 25 and 40% of clean water to leak out through wanky infrastructure.

Get the energy point - but these are supposed to be time saving machines (like washing machines). Unless they save a lot of time then the energy thing doesn't really add up. There's plenty of places we could be saving energy (including not having to treat and disinfect 25% of the entire countries water supply only to piss it into the ground).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom