SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So excited about the Microsoft buyout. Lots of new games coming to Game Pass which like @Aoami already mentioned is really good value for money. I have 8tbs of storage on my Series X, internal SSD, external expansion SSD, external spinning rust and external 2tb SSD. I am using over 50% of the space and still have not touched on the majority of Game Pass games.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If you want AI then play "The forest" some of the best in any game ever made.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you want AI then play "The forest" some of the best in any game ever made.
Interesting.

What I was commenting on is more the fact that single player fps gameplay hasn't been bettered since the days of half life 2 - and it ain't graphics they should be looking at.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So excited about the Microsoft buyout. Lots of new games coming to Game Pass which like @Aoami already mentioned is really good value for money. I have 8tbs of storage on my Series X, internal SSD, external expansion SSD, external spinning rust and external 2tb SSD. I am using over 50% of the space and still have not touched on the majority of Game Pass games.
What's the speed difference like between the internal and external expansions T?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What's the speed difference like between the internal and external expansions T?

I would guess 1 or 2 internals are PCIE / M2 style MOBO mounted, but yes, the others?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The official SSD expansion is just as fast as the internal SSD.

The external SSD is USB3 and is light and day difference between the USB3 spinning rust. Games load really quick. The USB3 SSD is a Samsung T7.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
XBOX Gaming leadership team

1642575908860.png

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
The official SSD expansion is just as fast as the internal SSD.

The external SSD is USB3 and is light and day difference between the USB3 spinning rust. Games load really quick. The USB3 SSD is a Samsung T7.
Good to know. Wasn't sure how they were justifying the cost of the official expansion but it makes sense now. I'll probably hold off for a while though in the hopes they release a larger capacity one. I can play stuff I'm not sure about wasting HDD space on with the cloud streaming in the interim.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well done Queen Elizabeth!

You've just made £175 million from an auction of public land! :clap:

At a time of a growing cost of living and wealth degredation crisis, inflation expecting to peak around 7%, tax and NI rises incoming in April - you've just made £175 million because we decided to hold an auction for wind farms and you get an automatic 25% from any auction of our sea-bed!

Win win win eh? Liz. Maybe you can put that money towards Andrew's legal team? I guess that doesn't matter as he'll be inheriting a large chunk of it anyway...

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Looks like Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver is being remastered. If it's true I'm much of the excited!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Good to know. Wasn't sure how they were justifying the cost of the official expansion but it makes sense now. I'll probably hold off for a while though in the hopes they release a larger capacity one. I can play stuff I'm not sure about wasting HDD space on with the cloud streaming in the interim.

Storage capacity really is my only bugbear with the series s, otherwise it's a great bit of a kit for the price. The official expansion costs are eye-watering!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Storage capacity really is my only bugbear with the series s, otherwise it's a great bit of a kit for the price. The official expansion costs are eye-watering!
Buy an external USB3 SSD drive for non S/X games.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Buy an external USB3 SSD drive for non S/X games.

I'm a bit paranoid about the huge storage capacity of drives these days for gaming. Lose one and say bye to 4TB+ at once. That's a lot of download to recover. I have most of mine backed up to my NAS.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm a bit paranoid about the huge storage capacity of drives these days for gaming. Lose one and say bye to 4TB+ at once. That's a lot of download to recover. I have most of mine backed up to my NAS.
I don't do consoles but I have a Steam cache set up on my storage server. I only ever have to download game files once and then every install is straight off the server (onto a local SSD).

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I don't do consoles but I have a Steam cache set up on my storage server. I only ever have to download game files once and then every install is straight off the server (onto a local SSD).

That's a good idea. Guess I'll go look into what it'll take to setup my own local Steam Cache.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's a good idea. Guess I'll go look into what it'll take to setup my own local Steam Cache.
It's basically this: LanCache.NET

It's grand though - when I install a game in my library, Steam tries to get the files from the cache first and only goes to the Steam servers if it needs to (if the game isn't cached or if the cached files are out of date). You can automate the cache to keep everything up to date as well.

Embattle

FH is my second home

I used to backup my Steam games to my NAS but then thought why bother, I can download them very fast anyway.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I thought about this for a while, then I got bored and just added an iSCSI volume and ran stuff directly from the NAS.

I found it to be a better middle ground as you can still straight up play the games as-is.

Was quite useful with Steam's library management as well because you can download new shiny things direct to your PC and use the built-in stuff to farm out older stuff to the NAS.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Bloody hell - 6 months after having our offer accepted we've only gone and exchanged contracts on our first house! :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well the half-vaulted ceiling is up and all that brick and yellow is the space I've gained. Unfortunately the heavily insulated tile backer boards will take about a month to arrive (from Germany thanks Brexit). Looks like I'll be taking my time removing all that plaster.

PXL_20220118_182100829.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I mostly enjoyed Skyrim, never managed to complete it, the grind eventually got me down. And the above is funny, but I really don't get the outright obsessional love.

Noita, on the other hand, I just had to un-install. Work needs done. :eek:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I mostly enjoyed Skyrim, never managed to complete it, the grind eventually got me down. And the above is funny, but I really don't get the outright obsessional love.

Noita, on the other hand, I just had to un-install. Work needs done. :eek:

What grind? The enemies level with you, you can just do the main quest if you want to skip all the entertaining bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom