SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
How will they enforce it? Seems absurd
They won't. This is journalistic spin and clickbait. The highway code will encourage drivers to open the door with their opposite hand to make it more likely that they will spot cyclists, pedestrians or anything else coming from behind in the blind spot. This is probably a good idea. It will then give the power to fine people who injure cyclists, pedestrians etc. by opening their door into them, up to £1000.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Alternatively, people could just be normal and look before opening.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The recommendation highlights the fact that opening the door with the other hand tends to force people, by body position, to look.

I avoid being doored by riding well clear of doors. I'm not risking it. Some motorists don't like that, but they can go fuck themselves.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
But they don't.
Given it's 500 injuries are a year that are caused, it's clear that the majority do.

This is another pointless "use a fine" introduction to placate a campaign group that will achieve nothing in the real world.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Given it's 500 injuries are a year that are caused, it's clear that the majority do.

This is another pointless "use a fine" introduction to placate a campaign group that will achieve nothing in the real world.
Of course the majority do. But there's enough that don't - and at 500 actual injuries a year that means an absolute shedload of near misses.

You're not going to get fined if you don't use the arm - but you are going to get fined if you punt a cyclist into the oncoming traffic because you didn't bother to check what was coming when you opened your door. So it's pretty well targetted fine. 500 fines a year - to people who didn't look and hit a cyclist.

Don't see the problem with this. If I open my car door into anyone then I've done fucked up. :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Here we go...
No, it's fine. Given it's impossible for me to prove what an infinitely tiny number we're taking about, I can't be bothered. It's a potentially outlandish fine for shit nobody does on purpose.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Will we see a massive decrease in injuries to cyclists from car doors. nah. So therefore pointless law.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, it's fine. Given it's impossible for me to prove what an infinitely tiny number we're taking about, I can't be bothered. It's a potentially outlandish fine for shit nobody does on purpose.

You're still wrong tho and here is a wall of waffle to demonstrate so....

me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me, me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me. me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We'll see people getting fined for hurting people. Maybe they won't do it again.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Like other laws they are there to be used when required, in no way does it mean many people will be caught since it won't be practical.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think it's a pretty bizarre stance to take to be honest.

What's the difference between stepping out in front of a cyclist and someone opening a car door, or hitting anyone in a public space by accident by any means, should they be fined for that?

Like other laws they are there to be used when required, in no way does it mean many people will be caught since it won't be practical.

and nah, people will get caught because cameras.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think it's a pretty bizarre stance to take to be honest.

What's the difference between stepping out in front of a cyclist and someone opening a car door, or hitting anyone in a public space by accident by any means, should they be fined for that?

and nah, people will get caught because cameras.

CCTV searches cost money, they don't bother for most burglaries and they won't for shit like this unless someone gets killed.

NB. Actually try opening your car door with your left hand if you're wearing a coat. You're going to clatter your steering wheel and be so distracted by that that you won't look right anyway. Its a nice theory but it just doesn't really work

Gwadien

CCTV searches cost money, they don't bother for most burglaries and they won't for shit like this unless someone gets killed.

NB. Actually try opening your car door with your left hand if you're wearing a coat. You're going to clatter your steering wheel and be so distracted by that that you won't look right anyway. Its a nice theory but it just doesn't really work

I mean more cylcists wearing cameras, (and some seeking out cars to try and catch out people).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
and some seeking out cars to try and catch out people
???

I think you'll find that cyclists have better things to do. It's only the sort of weirdos who string piano wire between trees to harm cyclists who get out of bed full of hate.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

View: https://youtu.be/aA4Nw4sDT4U

Check this guy out, it's literally him catching people out and bragging about their punishments.

It's fucked up, and you would agree if he wasn't a cyclist.

So you're defending dangerous drivers?

Cops rocked up, thanked the guy. It's a sad way to spend your day, completely agree, but it's a reaction to the lethal danger of day to day cycling on UK roads.

I'm fine with that. And not because it's about cyclists. He literally just caught a cunt and handed him to the police, to the congratulations of passers by. If it was a pedestrian action group outside, say, a schooI, I would feel the same.

I think you hate it because it's about cyclists. And instead of hating the actual dangerous cunt, you hate the guy who literally (and peacefully) brought him to justice.

Gwadien

So you're defending dangerous drivers?

Cops rocked up, thanked the guy. It's a sad way to spend your day, completely agree, but it's a reaction to the lethal danger of day to day cycling on UK roads.

I'm fine with that. And not because it's about cyclists. He literally just caught a cunt and handed him to the police, to the congratulations of passers by. If it was a pedestrian action group outside, say, a schooI, I would feel the same.

I think you hate it because it's about cyclists. And instead of hating the actual dangerous cunt, you hate the guy who literally (and peacefully) brought him to justice.

I mean as the biggest fuck the po po person on this forum this response amazes me. If it were outside a school your response would be 'lol fuck children'

I dunno, I feel like some middle aged, middle class white men have finally found a minority to belong to.

Please note how the resident actual cyclist @Tom doesn't weigh in on these things and always asks for bigger systemic change, rather than a system of everyone grassing on each other to the Police.

Gwadien

I should also add (although you probably will think I like to decapitate cyclists) that I'm super respectful to cyclists and piss off no end of drivers because I refuse to dangerously overtake.

Mainly due to me working in Loughborough and yano, sports uni = lots of cyclists.

Nor do I listen to the press who are banging on and on and on about how cyclists now rule the roads etc as if they have an anti cyclist agenda or something.

I just think we should be wary of rules implemented with the expectation of the public to make the claims.

I mean, sounds like a CCP dream to have the public as your CCTV and you don't have to set any up yourself.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Must have hit the nail properly on the head to make you that angry.

A prediction: As a result of this law 500 people a year will get fined after opening doors into other people and injuring them. And no more.

Gwadien

I don't see how my post/s came across in the slightest.

I just think it's funny that I'm supposed to be the leftie snowflake wanting to make everything illegal but yet it seems that the shoe is on the other hand in this one.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I just think it's funny that I'm supposed to be the leftie snowflake wanting to make everything illegal but yet it seems that the shoe is on the other hand in this one.
OK - to answer the points you made directly. Firstly, it's a small change to the law that will only hurt people who open their doors into people who get injured. They'll get fined and no points on their licence. So it's proportionate IMO.
If it were outside a school your response would be 'lol fuck children'
So you think I'm a supporter of illegal driving as long as kids are in the firing line?

Remember, I'm someone who lost his dad to illegal driving. I don't bring that up because I'm butthurt - but simply to illustrate that I know exactly what death from someone else's stupidity really means. And I'm also perfectly able to understand that a seemingly innocent error can have lifelong consequences for others.

But I'm not willing to go "fuck cyclists" - like you clearly have to have have done when you completely misread the room by posting a video of a guy stopping a cunt driving illegally and dangerously on the wrong side of the road and pointed at the guy taking the video rather than the cunt driver. (I'm answering you, so I'd very much like you to give me your reasoning behind this.)

Please note how the resident actual cyclist @Tom doesn't weigh in on these things and always asks for bigger systemic change, rather than a system of everyone grassing on each other to the Police.
Tom's not our "resident actual cyclist". He's a guy who rides bikes. Admittedly a lot. But I literally moved to Wales because I love riding my bike - and hate riding on England's roads because they're so hostile. Violently and constantly - because of people like that cunt in the video. So instead I mountain bike, offroad. A lot.

I don't know how Tom does it tbh, it's sometimes terrifying and often infuriating and it's absolutely dangerous. Which is why we have such a tiny minority of people who regularly use bikes instead of cars to get about on a day to day basis. So I absolutely fully support systemic change (fully segregated cycle infrastructure, the transformation of our cities to make them much more cycle-friendly, the changing of our laws to protect cyclists) - just like he does.

But since Tom is clearly the arbiter of all things good and right for cycling on FH - lets see what he thinks about this.

Personally, I think it's a small pragmatic change.

Of course, @Raven can (and probably will) whine about another "wall of text" - but if I'm going to answer your points I actually have to type something, no? :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom