SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It could be that it was a bit of a flop because she's not that much of a box office pull though...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It seems the right thing to do, ultimately she signed a contract that included box office earnings.

Which she still gets. The movie opened in cinemas and on D+; in reality if it had only opened in cinemas, the idea that it would have done "normal" box office is ludicrous; most cinemas, if they're open at all, are operating at social distance capacity anyway.

Maybe the very rich actress should chalk this up to "shit happens in a pandemic"?

Having said that, she should have back end earnings off the D+ revenues as the movie was sold at a premium. Its not clear if Disney have done that but I suspect they haven't and thats what this is really about.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Having said that, she should have back end earnings off the D+ revenues as the movie was sold at a premium. Its not clear if Disney have done that but I suspect they haven't and thats what this is really about.
Wonder if she's kicking herself because her contract didn't specify D+ as a "premiere".

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Wonder if she's kicking herself because her contract didn't specify D+ as a "premiere".

To be honest when she signed the contract she might not have even been aware of D+ as a platform for premiering new movies. Disney and Warners have only started to premier movies on D+ and HBO Max because of the pandemic, and D+ is only a couple of years old; it might not have existed at all when she put pen to paper. I do think if it wasn't an explicit back end on "first run" (which would theoretically cover any distribution method) then Disney should stump up anyway, but we don't have enough info from their press statement.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

Gwadien

Very rich disney over very rich scarjo

everyones talking like she is destitute

I suspect that if it were a different person (IE someone that didn't make a fuss about rights etc) then less eyelids would be raised.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
It seems the right thing to do, ultimately she signed a contract that included box office earnings.

It's not so much about the money for this movie but the precedent for all future ones. We're likely to be seeing more dual cinema / streaming releases in the years to come, it may very well become the norm, so this is more about the lawyers on all sides getting the rules in place now before that happens.

Zarjazz

So since I handed in my notice to my current job I have learnt that at least three other people in my department who also joined the company during lockdown like me have done the same. Seems like techies really don't want to go back to the office once they have a taste for working from home.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well, this is pretty fucked up...
Yep. Disgusting. :eek:

But then I think the similar about people who casually shoot grey squirrels / exterminate other forms of animal life. The cat thing is emotive as we're pet owners and can relate - but humans in general are pretty fucking horrid tbh - we can pretty much justify any sort of cruelty to ourselves where no rational justification exists.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So since I handed in my notice to my current job I have learnt that at least three other people in my department who also joined the company during lockdown like me have done the same. Seems like techies really don't want to go back to the office once they have a taste for working from home.
Was that the main motivator? They forcing you back?

If so, maybe give them an option? Say - "look, I can see you're in the shit with everyone leaving and it's your intransigence about forcing people back into the office when we can work just as well from home. But if you give me an extra ten grand and let me WFH then I'll stay" ;)

Zarjazz

Was that the main motivator? They forcing you back?

Pretty much even after I was promised that wasn't going to happen apart from maybe one or two essential group meetings a month. I was upfront from the start about I was only looking for a WFH role so they can't claim it was unexpected in my case.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Pretty much even after I was promised that wasn't going to happen apart from maybe one or two essential group meetings a month. I was upfront from the start about I was only looking for a WFH role so they can't claim it was unexpected in my case.
Worth trying what I said above then, unless you've already lined something up.

Zarjazz

Worth trying what I said above then, unless you've already lined something up.

Honestly even an extra £10k wouldn't make it worth my time. Nothing lined up atm except for the masters degree I'm doing along with a few personal projects so I have enough to keep me busy. I'd guess I'm more likely to be self-employed than someone's bitch in the future 😁

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Honestly even an extra £10k wouldn't make it worth my time. Nothing lined up atm except for the masters degree I'm doing along with a few personal projects so I have enough to keep me busy. I'd guess I'm more likely to be self-employed than someone's bitch in the future 😁

Can you suggest a part time gig for your old salary? Work 2-3 days a week? Then you can do project work 2 days a week without a financial hit.

Gwadien

Generation of drop out snowflakes who lack the mental fortitude to persevere in their well-paid holiday-for-anyone-else jobs eh? ;)

As opposed to your generation of the new celebrity sportsmen that took up drinking and drugs as a coping mechanism?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom