SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If you ate 10 medium sized carrots every day for a month you would develop carotenemia, and parts of your skin would turn orange. This is not dangerous and your skin would return to normal once you reduce the level of beta carotene in your system.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
As opposed to direct taxes on income or products - via income tax or VAT.

Come on Bodhi - how do we pay for lockdown?
Write it off . Its all a construct thats not based on gold in the bank any more anyway

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So Valheim.

I'm going to say I dislike this game for only one reason. There are no mounts. The map is HUGE, which would ordinarily be a good thing. However, when you're out exploring and fighting you pick up a lot of stuff, metals, crafting ingredients etc and you have to keep going back, sometimes a very long way to empty your backpack and repair your gear. Simply put, it takes too long. Unless you're going to have a dozen different fully equipped bases dotted here and there anyway.

I know it's still being developed and there's obviously going to be more content and such added but still, no one thought about that?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So Valheim.

I'm going to say I dislike this game for only one reason. There are no mounts. The map is HUGE, which would ordinarily be a good thing. However, when you're out exploring and fighting you pick up a lot of stuff, metals, crafting ingredients etc and you have to keep going back, sometimes a very long way to empty your backpack and repair your gear. Simply put, it takes too long. Unless you're going to have a dozen different fully equipped bases dotted here and there anyway.

I know it's still being developed and there's obviously going to be more content and such added but still, no one thought about that?

That's kinda the idea.

You do know there's teleporters right? Which you can't transport metals through but when we played we built a base near each boss and gathered what we needed accordingly.

Mounts would be cool though...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE0M-7jNq4U&feature=emb_title

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fuck mounts!

Ox driven cart, I could get on board with. Or a cart driven by the first boss would be great.

Access Denied

That's kinda the idea.

You do know there's teleporters right? Which you can't transport metals through but when we played we built a base near each boss and gathered what we needed accordingly.

Mounts would be cool though...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE0M-7jNq4U&feature=emb_title

That's kinda my point. You can't teleport metals, which are what weigh the most. Can't carry a whole lot before you're encumbered. Also, repairing tools, weapons and armour. Early game it's easy, you just need a workbench and you throw one of those up anywhere you go. When you get to metal stuff though, you need a forge to repair them and even the forge by itself is time consuming to make. You'd have to build a whole base just to repair shit in the wild.

Gwadien

That's kinda my point. You can't teleport metals, which are what weigh the most. Can't carry a whole lot before you're encumbered. Also, reparing tolols, weapons and armour. Early game it's easy, you just need a workbench and you throw one of those up anywhere you go. When you get to metal stuff though, you need a forge to repair them and even the forge by itself is time consuming to make. You'd have to build a whole base just to repair shit in the wild.

I think that's kind of why they did it though; so it's difficult to operate from one base.

I've seen screenshots of people transporting like 1000 metal back to their main base, I think it's easier and quicker to pop a base up where needed.

Don't forget building a trench around your base is infinitely more effective than anything else!

Access Denied

I think that's kind of why they did it though; so it's difficult to operate from one base.

I've seen screenshots of people transporting like 1000 metal back to their main base, I think it's easier and quicker to pop a base up where needed.

How the hell do you transport that much? You'd need dozens of trips unless I'm missing something.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Plan your journey accordingly, pack some wood, so you can knock up a quick shelter at your destination, and possibly a portal.

And make sure you have a back-up kit stored if it goes wrong. Learned that the hard way.

Second play through, and I am being a lot more measured, planned outings with an objective, each further away than the last. Hunting down the second boss now (killed it in my other play through) and already in a better position than my last play through, farming trolls now, got little cart routes to high metal areas.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
How the hell do you transport that much? You'd need dozens of trips unless I'm missing something.
Or you can cheat it. Load yr body up with metals. Log out. Create a second world. Make a little base. Drop your metals off there. Log back in toworld 1 and move via teleport or how ever back toyour base. Logout and into world 2 load up and log back into world 1 where you will be at your base. Drop the metal off and return for more ... its a bit of a cheat but works and saves having to slug the metals back from a long way.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If you're going to do shit like that to get ahead in the demo, what's the point of even playing?

Gwadien

I'm pretty optimistic for this.

Fifa is all about bribes.

Our government is all about bribes!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Our press will fuck it up with another expose, just in time for the vote.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Our press will fuck it up with another expose, just in time for the vote.
Only if we're a bunch of immoral or criminal fucktards.

If we're squeaky clean, like we should be, then nothing to worry about :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It sounds like cheating, because it is.
I havent done it. i worked put how you could and a friend of mine does it cause he dislikes the travel with ore. And i said its a cheat at the top of my explanation

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Demo/Early access, pretty much the same thing nowadays.

That being said, there is a whole lot of game in Valheim and they would have to seriously mess with the basics to spoil it. I'll be aiming for the last boss eventually but once that's done I will be shelving it until full release...and I reckon that will be another 100 odd hours away at my pace, solo.

And I love long voyages for metal, especially when trolls turn up. Found the 2nd boss now, getting a full second set of equipment made up and need some more materials for portals ready for when I can make them, then I'm going after him. Still not found the damned merchant though.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
As opposed to direct taxes on income or products - via income tax or VAT.

Come on Bodhi - how do we pay for lockdown?

Ah, the old "Let's raise taxes as that will bring in more money" fallacy. Suspect Arthur Laffer might have a word or two to say about that.

As for how we pay for it? Well you could do all you can to encourage businesses to invest again, however that seems far too sensible. I'd suggest a 20% Wealth Tax on anyone who thought it was a good idea.

Gwadien

Ah, the old "Let's raise taxes as that will bring in more money" fallacy. Suspect Arthur Laffer might have a word or two to say about that.

As for how we pay for it? Well you could do all you can to encourage businesses to invest again, however that seems far too sensible. I'd suggest a 20% Wealth Tax on anyone who thought it was a good idea.

Get businesses to invest again - when they already pay the lowest taxes among the developed countries

So what you really mean is that the debt is put on the country and we have austerity for another 10-20 years?

Meanwhile, the richer get richer and the poorer continue to get poorer.

But I'm alright Jack.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Dodging the question.

How do we pay for it?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Scrap HS2, invest the money into a greener infrastructure and science, creating sustainable jobs and investment. Turns out we are pretty good at the old medical advances gig so build on that. Lower corp tax to a fixed 1% lower than the EU, just to say fuck you very much, more than anything. More companies paying slightly less tax is better than a handful paying high tax, it promotes investment.

Also, legalise and tax weed.

Gwadien

Scrap HS2, invest the money into a greener infrastructure and science, creating sustainable jobs and investment. Turns out we are pretty good at the old medical advances gig so build on that.

Also, legalise and tax weed.

That'd be great, but you know with our current Government, if we ended up investing £100bn into green energy we'd end up with 4-5 turbines and some even richer donors.

I don't even have hope for Labour either.

We're in a mess of corruption, and as Hancock said himself - it's not even important :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom