SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Read about in on the BBC a week or so ago...

Wasn't newsworthy then, still isn't today. More important things going on in the world to be honest.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Although, who the fuck advised him to sue a company founded and named Hamilton in 1892 over their name ffs.

Some random lawyer has just milked him, that is the story.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Apparently his next court case is against a small town just outside Glasgow....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Although, who the fuck advised him to sue a company founded and named Hamilton in 1892 over their name ffs.

Some random lawyer has just milked him, that is the story.
And he was dumb and reactionary enough to allow them to cause that trouble.

The real story is "given free reign rich peope cause unncessary trouble, whilst poor people cannot afford legal redress - what are we going to do about it?"

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Joking aside I've been getting into watches the last few years and it's a deep, deep rabbit hole. A common theme is always buy what you like and I can agree with that. But Panerai, seriously?! 😉
Ouch the price. I havent worn a watch in 20 years. Dont see the need. think i paid 100 quid once for one i bought with birthday money when i was 18.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Joking aside I've been getting into watches the last few years and it's a deep, deep rabbit hole. A common theme is always buy what you like and I can agree with that. But Panerai, seriously?! 😉

A mate of mine has a 10k watch, never wears it, we thought he was mad until it appreciated in value.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
A mate of mine has a 10k watch, never wears it, we thought he was mad until it appreciated in value.

A friend of mine has over 100k in watches. He spent 3 years and $30,000 buying Rolex watches to build a relationship with his sales guy, just so he could get a Rolex Submariner. It was only 7k, but he could easily resell it for $12,000 on the same day.... but once you re-sell, you get blacklisted from official dealerships.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A friend of mine has over 100k in watches. He spent 3 years and $30,000 buying Rolex watches to build a relationship with his sales guy, just so he could get a Rolex Submariner. It was only 7k, but he could easily resell it for $12,000 on the same day.... but once you re-sell, you get blacklisted from official dealerships.

Yeah I imagine they do, he plans on selling it when he retires, although being NHS since he left Uni, 20 odd years ago, he has a massive fat pension so probably won't need to.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

On of the few things that do. My dad bought himself a Rolex when he retired (a horrible one), and it's gone up in value by about £500 since.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Two of my mates were into watches, but one of them also bought handbags.
He dragged me into a handbag shop in Manchester, bartering with the owner, he bought one for 1200 quid, then we had to frickin drive home because he didnt want to leave it in the car

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
On of the few things that do. My dad bought himself a Rolex when he retired (a horrible one), and it's gone up in value by about £500 since.

Historically Rolex watches have always increased in value if you wait long enough. Not as good as the stock market but they have always been classed as a safe asset, somewhere to store money, and you get to wear a nice watch in the mean time.

Though in the last few years the market for certain watch brands has gone crazy and Rolex is one of them. I've done particularly well on some of my buys because I bought before it all went mental.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So what tablet is slightly bigger than the old Nexus 7, not a pile of shit and doesn't cost a fucking hewuge amount?!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My 10.5 ipad pro is great but it costs a lot. Comparatively. I never found a driod tablet that is as good tho.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have never 'got' tablets, some sort of half way house between a phone and a computer, useless as either.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have never 'got' tablets, some sort of half way house between a phone and a computer, useless as either.
I dont use my phone for anything really. I prefer my tablets bigger screen to watch and do things on. Has more battery than most laptops and lighter too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bird loves hers - she reads off it at night, does a bit of browsing but really she uses it in the kitchen as a TV whilst cooking and wants something with a big enough screen to move about.

Bought a Galaxy Tab A7 just now. Found if for £169 which makes me a bit suspicious, but credit card and paypal protection means I don't really care :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
iPads are the way to go for tablets imo. In general I think Apple products are overpriced shite, bit never had an android tablet come close to an iPad.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fuck no!

Never give money to a company that doesn't even try to hide that it's roughly fucking you in the ass without even spitting on your hole first...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom