SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So, epic few days. My son was in Aya Napa due to fly back to UK last night. Two days ago he started feeling very unwell. Thought it was a hangover but went to a clinic as it was getting worse. Clinic doc thinks it's a UTI send him away. Couple hours later he passes out in the apartment and sweating badly. His mates get him back to the clinic who diagnose appendicitis. They arrange an ambulance and get him to a hospital in Larnaca. After further tests the appendics is acute and they had to operate on an emergency basis.
Manged to get wife on flight from Heathrow yesterday and she is with him now. He can't fly for 7 days so stuck in Cyprus. Fucking nightmare couple of days. But at least he is OK.
Happened to my mate..he had no holiday insurance and made it on to the plane..finally passed out, luckily 20 mins before landing in UK..off the plane in an ambulance and appendix whipped out.

Strangely they wouldnt let him home till he did a big poo they could look at.

Job

That's the weakest argument I've ever heard.

They welcome scientific input that may turn things on it's head - absolutely 100%.

What they don't welcome is intransigent asshats who want to do nothing but debate as an excuse for inaction - when the science shows a more than 99% confidence level (which they're not hiding from, or behind).

If you are 99% certain that a bomb is going to go off you'd do something about it. You wouldn't welcome the input of wankers who want to do nothing on the 1% chance that it won't go off. You would, however, welcome someone who could prove there was actually no bomb.
It comes across as arrogance, considering how many times they get it wrong...about 90% of the time, they should be interacting with the public in a more open way because we are the ticket to action.
Admit to endless wild guesses, explain a trend...not this is it and youre a fucking idiot if you dont believe.
'But you were miles out..the seas still rising as normal..the glaciers are still there and the artic keeps coming back.'
No..you idiots..its the next 5 years...we have proof.

Oh reary..but you said that....
Whatever.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It comes across as arrogance, considering how many times they get it wrong
The predictions have been remarkably accurate over time. Individual items can be wildly incorrect but the totality of the evidence has always been correct and going in the right direction - for decades now. They've just been getting better and better at it over time - starting out with a lower confidence level (which isn't a "thumb in the air - I feel this confident - it's a system that measures confidence in an unbiased fashion).

Fucking idiots like you simply don't know how it works. The "science is settled" messages tend not to come from the scientists - but from people who are sick of people like you and @Bodhi - and the politicians who feel like you do - who'd let the bomb go off rather than do something about it.

The science IS settled. At 99+% confidence level only crackpots and wankers are left. If, by some miracle, there's an einstein out there who knows different and is going to come up with scientific proof that we're all mistaken then GREAT.

Otherwise shut the fuck up, stop whining, get on with fixing the problem.

Job

No..the prediictions have come from all the major players..the frickin IPCC the UN.
Vastly shortening the timescales and quite often just plain ludicrous.

If the people dont believe then the politicians wont act.

As I keep pointi g out..every single prediction in an Inconvenient Truth..which was based on the latest modelling data at the time, was numbfuckingly wrong ...as in 'how far is it to Scotland?'
..er about 3 light years..no 10 miles.
Its 300 miles.
Were getting there.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It comes across as arrogance, considering how many times they get it wrong...about 90% of the time, they should be interacting with the public in a more open way because we are the ticket to action.
Admit to endless wild guesses, explain a trend...not this is it and youre a fucking idiot if you dont believe.
'But you were miles out..the seas still rising as normal..the glaciers are still there and the artic keeps coming back.'
No..you idiots..its the next 5 years...we have proof.

Oh reary..but you said that....
Whatever.
They get it right with the info they have... but there is always more info to be had. Here we have 2k info from ice cores mostly. 100 yrs of measurements. And are making predictions using thngs that fit the model at the moment. The model is constantly changing and it has been known on more than one occasion for models to be incorrect after time.

Just twenty years ago we were convinced we came from Neanderthals. Now they are seen to be a species who died out. We dont know everything and what we have at the moment is the best guess with the info we have.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
best guess with the info we have.
If science can guess with the info they have and strap humans on a tube filled with a fuckton of propellant, land them on the moon and bring them back then getting an increasingly good handle on a physical process that's happening on earth isn't beyond them.

Their "best guess" now is about the *exact* nature of what's going to happen in the future. But the fact that man is warming the climate, that it's dangerous, and that it's down to our emissions is no longer up for debate - we're *sure* of it - what's up for debate is the margins of how long we've got. But we *know* it's not long.

Absolutely I can see parallels to our reaction to pretty fucking much "done" science (yes, there's always more to do - but the core principles have been proven beyond any sort of a "reasonable" doubt) and the lack of signals from our supposedly "packed" galaxy.

I think all animals as dumb as us do this to their worlds and die out before they get to leave. The signals stop. There's nothing to pick up because a couple of hundred years of radio waves miss us like ships in the night.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Whaddaya think Gwad?

I think the Police should go directly to the home and ask them, or why anyone would say no if they had recordings of a crime outside their house.

If they're investigating a murder where they broke into the persons home, I don't understand why they wouldn't ask the family.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The predictions have been remarkably accurate over time. Individual items can be wildly incorrect but the totality of the evidence has always been correct and going in the right direction - for decades now. They've just been getting better and better at it over time - starting out with a lower confidence level (which isn't a "thumb in the air - I feel this confident - it's a system that measures confidence in an unbiased fashion).

Fucking idiots like you simply don't know how it works. The "science is settled" messages tend not to come from the scientists - but from people who are sick of people like you and @Bodhi - and the politicians who feel like you do - who'd let the bomb go off rather than do something about it.

The science IS settled. At 99+% confidence level only crackpots and wankers are left. If, by some miracle, there's an einstein out there who knows different and is going to come up with scientific proof that we're all mistaken then GREAT.

Otherwise shut the fuck up, stop whining, get on with fixing the problem.

That's not really welcoming debate old bean, that's just calling people cranks and retards until they either agree with you (unlikely), or just decide not to bother engaging.

Anyway, as always, you appear to be misrepresenting my position. The climate is changing - fact. It always has, and always will - you could argue the only people who are suggesting it's possible for the climate to be stable are the "we're doomed" sect who seem to de-industrializing the world will achieve that. I have no doubt that human activities are having an incredibly small effect on that - through things like Urban Heat Islands (notice how the record temps are always in built up areas?), deforestation etc.

I just don't really see it as a problem. According to the IPCC, there has been no statistically significant increase in extreme weather, forest fires etc, and other research shows Climate deaths are at an all time low. Life thrives in higher temperatures (compare the amount of life at the Equator to the Poles), and we pump Greenhouses full of CO2 to encourage growth - an effect which can be seen globally - Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

There's a good lecture by Professor Lindzen, Head of Atmospheric Sciences at MIT below, worth a read if you are as interested in debate as you claim to be.

Thoughts on the Public Discourse over Climate Change

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's not really welcoming debate old bean, that's just calling people cranks and retards until they either agree with you (unlikely), or just decide not to bother engaging.
Absolutely that's welcoming debate. That's never stopped.

It's meaningful debate - it's not a "chat" about whether it's happening or not - it's about providing an argument, in the form of actual scientific research.

That is the ONLY method of debate that means anything.

Sure, waffle all you like, but if you don't have anything to bring to the party - science that refutes other science - then you should be ignored.

Science is the only tool humanity has to prove what is. Opinion has no place here. And the science shows that man made climate change is going to have dramatic and dangerous consequences.

The debate is still open - bring something to the table that shows all the other science is wrong.

THAT is how this gets debated. And until that comes along - the science is settled. Which it is - because no meaningful argument - i.e. a scientific paper that proves otherwise - has been presented that "unsettles" the scientific viewpoint.

As for the rest of your waffle:
I have no doubt that human activities are having an incredibly small effect on that
That's not what the science shows.
"we're doomed" sect who [want to] de-industrializing the world
You focus on them if it makes you feel good. The rest of us want to move forward in a sustainable fashion.

Job

Its all rarher pathetic.
Out comes the usual summer heatwave were doomed

Come winter, all forgotten about.
Heatwaves are actually shortening, that one we had was nothing compared to the past.
The freakin Rhine dried up in the summer a few hundred years ago.
They are slightly higher temps in certain areas.
The lengths have reduced, which makes them actually less of a problem.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just been enjoying a nostalgia trip on YouTube including

Techno-Viking.jpg

And

giphy.gif

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its all rarher pathetic.
Out comes the usual summer heatwave were doomed

Come winter, all forgotten about.
Heatwaves are actually shortening, that one we had was nothing compared to the past.
The freakin Rhine dried up in the summer a few hundred years ago.
They are slightly higher temps in certain areas.
The lengths have reduced, which makes them actually less of a problem.
None of this. -None- of it. Is even slightly relevant.

You clearly don't understand the difference between global climate and local weather.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Absolutely that's welcoming debate. That's never stopped.

It's meaningful debate - it's not a "chat" about whether it's happening or not - it's about providing an argument, in the form of actual scientific research.

That is the ONLY method of debate that means anything.

Sure, waffle all you like, but if you don't have anything to bring to the party - science that refutes other science - then you should be ignored.

Science is the only tool humanity has to prove what is. Opinion has no place here. And the science shows that man made climate change is going to have dramatic and dangerous consequences.

The debate is still open - bring something to the table that shows all the other science is wrong.

THAT is how this gets debated. And until that comes along - the science is settled. Which it is - because no meaningful argument - i.e. a scientific paper that proves otherwise - has been presented that "unsettles" the scientific viewpoint.

As for the rest of your waffle:

That's not what the science shows.

You focus on them if it makes you feel good. The rest of us want to move forward in a sustainable fashion.

Cool. I'll not bother engaging then - mostly as the science doesn't show that in the slightest. Even the IPCC's worst case scenario suggests ManBearPig will cost 2% of World GDP by 2100.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/29/calli...trophic-makes-it-harder-to-find-real-answers/

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cool. I'll not bother engaging then - mostly as the science doesn't show that in the slightest.
Absolutely it does.

Interesting that you linked to a story about how the media present things though. Like it's even relevant? (Or is that the thrust of your argument? - i.e. nothing to do with the science).

Even then - presuming that as you posted that story you agree with the content - they said this:
Let’s be clear. Climate change is real, manmade and we need to tackle it.

...I'm not even going to ask.

Job

None of this. -None- of it. Is even slightly relevant.

You clearly don't understand the difference between global climate and local weather.
I do believe I do..but the alarmists are using peoples confusion to scare them.

Heatwaves havent got worse since the 1900s..in fact they are less powerful overall....but apparently we all have to prepare for them because global warming is making them worse.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I do believe I do..but the alarmists are using peoples confusion to scare them.

Heatwaves havent got worse since the 1900s..in fact they are less powerful overall....but apparently we all have to prepare for them because global warming is making them worse.
1) Who gives a fuck about what the media is saying. The media is NOT the science.

2) You keep on going on about heatwaves - but they're NOT the topic of conversation - global warming is. Heatwaves are a side-issue distraction.

3) Even if we want to talk about heatwaves - the science says global warming increases the likelihood of heatwaves occuring - which is being borne out.

So, on all levels, apart from the most irrelevant, you're wrong.

Job

1) Who gives a fuck about what the media is saying. The media is NOT the science.

2) You keep on going on about heatwaves - but they're NOT the topic of conversation - global warming is. Heatwaves are a side-issue distraction.

3) Even if we want to talk about heatwaves - the science says global warming increases the likelihood of heatwaves occuring - which is being borne out.

So, on all levels, apart from the most irrelevant, you're wrong.
It does matter what the media says..because thats what ordinary people see and we are the key to co2 reduction...the politicians are doing fuck all becsuse it isnt losing them votes.

Job

Reported today that Greenland saw temps above freezing and lost 12 billion tons of ice.
But thats well with normal and it regularly gains up to 20 billion in a day.
More cherry picking scare stories taken out of context.

Heres the average...2019 is low..but the two previous were well above.

WOmo8dxr.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom