SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It was just a lift shaft to a viewing platform.

Sadiq's obviously missing being in the limelight.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It was just a lift shaft to a viewing platform.

Sadiq's obviously missing being in the limelight.

Build that thing and nobody would be in the light at all. "I know, let's build a giant shadow casting tower and charge people a 100 quid a pop to go up it. The Shard gets away with that shit so why not?" It was a fucking stupid waste of limited real estate but of course you turn it into yet another bit of Khan-bashing because you can't help yourself.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Forces companies to design-in safety to prevent loss of life.

It was a shitshow of Qatar-ian proportions before then.

DaGaffer

Forces companies to design-in safety to prevent loss of life.

It was a shitshow of Qatar-ian proportions before then.

Was it? There's a tiny handful of "heritage" trains with this type of window opening and this guy was apparently a life-long railway enthusiast who'd worked on trains (which screams "cocky complacency"). Back in the day when you literally had to lean out to open the door; that was a shitshow, but this seems like an edge case to me.

There used to be "the test of a reasonable man" in English law, but it's gone walkabout over the last few years

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't disagree.
There used to be "the test of a reasonable man" in English law, but it's gone walkabout over the last few years
But I think this should be shot. We know there's no such thing as reasonable men - all humans are idiots just waiting to happen. :)

Job

We have slipped into this fucking alternative universe where Liberals are clamping down on offence and conservatives are defending the right to be offensive.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We have slipped into this fucking alternative universe where Liberals are clamping down on offence and conservatives are defending the right to be offensive.

Woa.

What does someone dying on a train have to do with being offensive?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I didn't even watch the video so no idea what he said.

I don't waste my time with him.
So, I've pointed out that the message is worth listening to. Ignore him, listen to the message?

Or alternatively:
upload_2019-7-17_18-25-54.png

DaGaffer

It's a fair point he makes though.

Ignoring unpalletable ideas because you don't like the messenger is a bit daft.

Well its a fair point if you ignore the fact the Julian Assange actually isn't in Belmarsh for anything wikileaks-related. In addition what the US are trying to extradite him for also isn't the same as publishing leaked information; they're claiming wikleaks directly hacked US government servers*. Galloway tries to create the equivalence by claiming the Daily Mail stole the ambassador's emails directly off a mail server, an accusation he seems to have pulled out of his arse.

*almost certainly bullshit, but that's the legal case the Americans are making, not the publication of the documents.

Job

No he didnt say the Mail stole the documents..but yes, there is difference, the real reason we rolled over on Assange is because of might...if Albania were after him for leaks/stealing, we would just laugh in their faces.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
No he didnt say the Mail stole the documents..but yes, there is difference, the real reason we rolled over on Assange is because of might...if Albania were after him for leaks/stealing, we would just laugh in their faces.
Why would we? As long as he wasn't in line for the death penalty and we had an extradition treaty then the courts would allow it. It's just a matter of law.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cunty cunty cops give bloke £90 fine because of a situation they provoked.

(End of article - video).

Cops running controversial facial recognition programme, bloke walks past covering his face, cops physically grab him. He's done nothing wrong - it's not a requirement in law for everyone to submit to facial recognition surveillance and you're perfectly legally entitled to cover your face if you want. So cops overstepped the mark.

Bloke gets £90 fine for reacting in a way the cops don't like. But he was put in that situation because the cops overstepped their legal remit. Again. Like they do all the time.

The bit at the end where plod says they want to "protect human rights" is laughable. Their words belie their actions. Indiscriminate surveillance of the whole population - including the law abiding population - is the very definition of a police state.

Of course, @dysfunction and @Gwadien probably will go down the "if you've nothing to hide, then you've nothing to fear" route (or in Dys's case - "never be shirty with a copper, say "yessir, thankye sir!, ahm mighty obliged mas'ser" like you're the slave he thinks you should be to authority).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom