SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We're talking about the police threatening mainstream media organisations - the London Evening Standard - with investigation by anti-terror squads and prosecution for doing what newspapers are supposed to do.

Your fear of "an enemy" is pushing you into dick-sucking a police state.

Who'd have thunk that George Osborne would be defender of necessary freedoms whilst @Gwadien would like to bend over for the jackboots!

If damage gets caused because people leak bad shit that our governments do that's a *good thing*. Governments shouldn't be doing shit that's bad and hiding it from us.

Or we could just abandon our principles of press freedom because of "mwahhhh the Russians!!!11!11!"... :facepalm:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If damage gets caused because people leak bad shit that our governments do that's a *good thing*. Governments shouldn't be doing shit that's bad and hiding it from us.
Just out of interest. What bad shit did our government do here?

More generally they should prosecute the leaker not the press unless the press were actively involved in stealing the info.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
This kinda helps show why it's very important to be generally obstructive to the po-po on the small things @Gwadien @dysfunction.

Not that the police are ill-meaning, but the force functionally attracts authoritarians. Not *nasty* people per-se, just pragmatic people who's objectives are naturally at odds with our freedom.

Part of the practical mechanism that serves as a constant reminder to them not to overstep their bounds (and remember: they still do, every day) is the existence of asshats like the bloke in that video - who, please remember, was technically being harassed by the police for acting in a completely legal manner.

Yes you can stand up to the police in this manner. i don't have an issue with this method as it's constructive.
The other twat was being destructive as he was just there to cause an issue and not resolve one.

It's very different.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The other twat was being destructive as he was just there to cause an issue and not resolve one.

It's very different.
Disagree strongly. Going about your law-abiding business is not "causing an issue".

Let's be clear on this: if the police didn't regularly overreach their legal powers then there would be nothing to film and no small army of idiots who choose to burn up their lives exposing the police overstepping their mark.

The issue exists because the police casually do stuff they know they shouldn't be doing. If they didn't do that there'd be no films of twats to get angry about.

Your blame lies in the wrong place.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Disagree strongly. Going about your law-abiding business is not "causing an issue".

Let's be clear on this: if the police didn't regularly overreach their legal powers then there would be nothing to film and no small army of idiots who choose to burn up their lives exposing the police overstepping their mark.

The issue exists because the police casually do stuff they know they shouldn't be doing. If they didn't do that there'd be no films of twats to get angry about.

Your blame lies in the wrong place.

I disagree strongly with you and that's how it will stay.

My blame is not in the wrong place. As the idiot could be doing something he shouldn't be doing. So they go and investigate.
They are doing their job. If they didn't even investigate there would be things said about the police also. On the whole they will let you be if you are doing nothing wrong. Asking a few questions is their job if you are doing something a bit unusual. And you have every right question them if you think they are in the wrong.

Specifically going to a "hot spot" and being a big twat is not constructive. Next minute there will be a law saying you are not allowed to film/photograph sensitive areas like GCHQ.
Just like how you now need a permit to protest outside houses of parliament. People overstepped the mark so the government ups their game.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just like how you now need a permit to protest outside houses of parliament. People overstepped the mark so the government ups their game.
People didn't "overstep the mark" - they protested outside the houses of parliament and authoritarian asshats decided their legal right of protest upset them so they took away some of our freedoms.

But what's the fucking point in having a freedom if you can't fucking exercise it?

You have to fight to keep your freedoms - your attitude smacks of "please don't make a fuss in case they crack down on us".

It's *our* government. They should do what *we* want, not the other way round.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I can't decipher twatter @Wij. It's too fucking painful. Have you a link to an article I can read?

But just to give you some sort of answer: I believe in the principle of freedom of the press. If something runs counter to that then it's not something I support, clearly.

That's the thing about principles - they apply equally across all examples and although they require a little thought on how you apply them in individual cases the overall aim is to be as consistent with those principles as it is possible to be - even in the face of competing and seemingly contradictory interests.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What a day of sport. Success for Hamilton, agony for Federer and a stunning climax in the cricket. Pity they were all mostly going on at the same time.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Cant believe a weekend of awesome sport and i couldnt watch any of it. Nothing on the Korean channels i had access to. And it was in the middle of the night :(. But yay lewis and england cricket team :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nice. How did you charge your bike?

We went for a pootle along the coast in Wales this weekend (@DaGaffer'll know where it is):
South Stack.jpg

and then went to look at another total doer-upper here (the white one):
but suspect it'd be a total money-pit. But still, maybe:
House.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What happened to your other plan?
Agency fucked us over. Put an offer in (because I knew I could make it work) and when I rang back to check what was what they said "she's accepted another offer - why? did you want to put in a counter?"

Well of course. You wanker. Isn't that your job?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Agency fucked us over. Put an offer in (because I knew I could make it work) and when I rang back to check what was what they said "she's accepted another offer - why? did you want to put in a counter?"

Well of course. You wanker. Isn't that your job?

Sounds like the agency fucked her over more than they fucked you over, lol.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Nice. How did you charge your bike?

We went for a pootle along the coast in Wales this weekend (@DaGaffer'll know where it is):

and then went to look at another total doer-upper here (the white one):
but suspect it'd be a total money-pit. But still, maybe:
View attachment 40303

That Holyhead? I actually don’t know that part of Anglesey that well; I lived at the opposite end (Penmonmawr was the nearest lighthouse to me)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That Holyhead? I actually don’t know that part of Anglesey that well; I lived at the opposite end (Penmonmawr was the nearest lighthouse to me)
Penmon point (opposite Penmanmawr on the mainland) was near to you in Beaumaris. ;)

Yeah - it's South Stack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom