SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The whole tower thing reminds me of this.

evolution.jpg

Job

Gum disease gets blamed for a lot of things...its always bacteria in the blood, though never any actual evidence of a link.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Gum disease gets blamed for a lot of things...its always bacteria in the blood, though never any actual evidence of a link.
Reading isn't your strong point is it.

This is about evidence of a link...

Job

No they find it in a lot of patients..though having dementia might well be the cause not the symptom.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No they find it in a lot of patients..though having dementia might well be the cause not the symptom.
What is wrong with you?

that article said:
The authors of the study concluded: "The findings of this study offer evidence that Porphyromonas gingivalis and gingipains in the brain play a central role in the pathogenesis [development] of AD [Alzheimer's disease], providing a new conceptual framework for disease treatment."

A link. They've found evidence of a link. So they're going to do further research. Because they've found a link.

Other scientists said:
other scientists said:
Scientists not involved in the research said it added to the evidence of the link between gum disease and dementia

Added to the evidence. Added to. So there's already evidence of a link.

right above that in the article said:
The team has now developed a new drug they hope could form the basis of a human treatment and plan to test it in people with mild to moderate Alzheimer's, in a clinical trial, later this year.

So they're going to do a clinical trial, because they found a link. And they think it's causal, or they wouldn't spunk the money on the trial.

But there's a link. Which they've found. And are investigating further.

Or is this just "words"?

Job

It clearly says in the conclusion that they have no biological link that the bacteria causes dementia.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It clearly says in the conclusion that they have no biological link that the bacteria causes dementia.
Words, @Job. Words and context. They're very important.

The article does NOT say that in the "conclusion". It says the Alzheimers society, which wasn't involved in this study, said the studies it had been involved in didn't find that link. But that doesn't matter - because this study does.

They also said it's not likely to be the only cause of the condition. But that explictly shows that they're happy to accept that it's likely to be one cause.

Y'see. New science. Finding new things. It's called progress.

Edit: I don't know why you're arguing this point. Do you not clean your teeth or something? It would explain a lot :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Made me laugh quite a bit - not because he's now gay but because he once likely told people they were mentally ill for being gay.

Prominent ‘gay conversion therapist’ comes out as gay
Which is what he'd been told all his life. Brought up as a Mormon. He obviously reached for the job as a crutch to help himself.

I daresay he would have been particularly zealous about it precicely because he was trying to convince himself.

No winners here. Religion fucks you up.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Which is what he'd been told all his life. Brought up as a Mormon. He obviously reached for the job as a crutch to help himself.

I daresay he would have been particularly zealous about it precicely because he was trying to convince himself.

No winners here. Religion fucks you up.

Yup, at least he apologised.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Words, @Job. Words and context. They're very important.

The article does NOT say that in the "conclusion". It says the Alzheimers society, which wasn't involved in this study, said the studies it had been involved in didn't find that link. But that doesn't matter - because this study does.

They also said it's not likely to be the only cause of the condition. But that explictly shows that they're happy to accept that it's likely to be one cause.

Y'see. New science. Finding new things. It's called progress.

Edit: I don't know why you're arguing this point. Do you not clean your teeth or something? It would explain a lot :p

I'm reading a lot more caution in that article than you are. for instance:

People with Alzheimer's are more susceptible to getting infections in their brains, so it may be that the gum disease bacteria and the toxic proteins they secrete are a by-product of Alzheimer's rather than a cause

or

But, alternatively, it may be that people with Alzheimer's have poorer oral hygiene, perhaps because the condition makes them less able to look after their teeth and gums.

I mean if this leads to a cure for Alzheimer's then great, but I would maybe suggest caution until they are sure if it's a cause or an effect.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm reading a lot more caution in that article than you are...I mean if this leads to a cure for Alzheimer's then great, but I would maybe suggest caution until they are sure if it's a cause or an effect.
I am being cautious. I've not said there's definitely a causal effect. I've said that the new research suggests a link and they're going to do further research. I've also been careful to state that if it is a causal effect scientists think it's not likely to be the only causal affect.

Job was saying it's fuck all to do with it. Because he can't read.

Job

Good news is Gisburn forest has reopened the boardwalk out of the quarry..and its ass clinchingly narrow.

pbpic3695339.jpg

Job

Theres a lot of people dead..oh dear.

SHARES TANK!!
Down 14%!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom