SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Doing the same - did it all last year. (Skipped xmas because Thailand is made of sugar and pitching quickly into keto with a 4-day fast).

Trying to massively up the amount of fats obtained through vegetable matter rather than meat. I already eat more avocado than any man alive tho :)

Wow. Lecturing us on the massive environmental damage done by a sheep on a hill, then admits to excessive Avocado Consumption.

Can hipsters stomach the unpalatable truth about avocado toast? | Joanna Blythman

But it's OK, the Cartels who control most of the production will make sure Mother Earth is protected!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Wow. Lecturing us on the massive environmental damage done by a sheep on a hill, then admits to excessive Avocado Consumption.

Can hipsters stomach the unpalatable truth about avocado toast? | Joanna Blythman

But it's OK, the Cartels who control most of the production will make sure Mother Earth is protected!

That's the problem with any of the fad/latest diet foods now, as soon as the diet books come out 'the man' buys all the production. Macadamia/Almonds...Avocado's and now Monk Fruit. Pointless trying to get past it.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Doing the same - did it all last year. (Skipped xmas because Thailand is made of sugar and pitching quickly into keto with a 4-day fast).

Trying to massively up the amount of fats obtained through vegetable matter rather than meat. I already eat more avocado than any man alive tho :)
Greek Yogurt with a few blueberries or blackberries works for me if i'm low. Macadamia nuts to.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
As much as I hate to agree with @Job on anything, ever. He's right about the farming, as this now fairly old article explains

As for meat, there are ways to produce it that are both more efficient and better for the environment. They just cost more in monetary terms, which is why they don't happen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Scouse in "not perfect" shocker.

I dispute that I'm "lecturing" to anyone - just discussing. But I can see you classifying hearing things you don't like as a lecture.

Aaaanyway. Aside from the fact that I have to buy food from the same places everyone else does, that I already try to minimise avocado damage by buying Spanish when I can, the following trumps your faux-outrage:

For every kilo of lamb consumed just shy of 40 kilos of CO2 are emitted. That's over 40 times more the equivalent for avocados.

Not factoring in the much greater land-use, water, other-grain-for-food, health burden and ethical requirements/issues associated with lamb that's a fuck of a carbon saving per calorie consumed alone.

So FU buddy! :D

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Nothing natural about it. Snowdonia is entirely an industrial landscape.

You should see the results of no-graze projects in the peaks. It goes from drab brown to amazingly colourful very quickly, supports orders of magnitude more fauna, has a better drainage profile (downstream flood prevention) and is all round more biodiverse.

Nobody loves the lakes/welsh/scottish landscape more than me (I'll be moving there as soon as I can *because* of that).

But don't kid yourself that that's natural or 'nature'. They're bio-poor industrial wastelands.
So which one are you moving to?

Job

Just got a txt off Vodafone offering me 100GB data.
I checked it wasnt a scam by ringing them..its legit, so the woman notices Im down to 2GB..I'll stick 20GB extra on to tide you over ..it takes 48hrs to be put on.
Has a quick look..they are doing 100GB sim only for 20mnth.
When 5G rolls in, its going to take a lot of people off cable, no landline..no paying for shite TV in a bundle..if they let you share your data with a dongle, then its internet TV only for me.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It was a one off monthly thing that they do every once in a blue moon, the idea is for you to pay for those packages and to make you think its a good idea.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Every company now; Try free for a month or pay this for a few months (we believe that you'll forget about it and you'll revert into the original price of service/or much worse.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So which one are you moving to?
Likely Wales but not for a while. Missus likes her job, and there are offices relatively commutable.

I'd not be in the country if it wasn't for her.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Just got a txt off Vodafone offering me 100GB data.
I checked it wasnt a scam by ringing them..its legit, so the woman notices Im down to 2GB..I'll stick 20GB extra on to tide you over ..it takes 48hrs to be put on.
Has a quick look..they are doing 100GB sim only for 20mnth.
When 5G rolls in, its going to take a lot of people off cable, no landline..no paying for shite TV in a bundle..if they let you share your data with a dongle, then its internet TV only for me.

People still have data limits o_O

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The notorious 'no snow in England 'article by a senior climatologist.

One of the longest running climate prediction blunders has disappeared from the Internet

See this is why I've never found the "We're all going to die because of your SUV" narrative particularly compelling - it's not the fact Viner got a prediction wrong, but the fact the evidence of the wrong prediction has been erased. Add in the content of the ClimateGate emails and I am smelling an enormous rat, and nothing I have read since had made that smell go away.

But maybe it's just the old Michael Crichton quote - Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you’re being had.

Job

The one that winds me yp the most is the 70s iceage predictions.
It WAS mainstream..it was on every documentary..every news report and was the standard joke around human activity.
40 years later they tell you, you are an idiot..that never happened and 'real' scientists knew it was warming.
So what..they just kept it to themselves and sold the media a lie.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
The one that winds me yp the most is the 70s iceage predictions.
It WAS mainstream..it was on every documentary..every news report and was the standard joke around human activity.
40 years later they tell you, you are an idiot..that never happened and 'real' scientists knew it was warming.
So what..they just kept it to themselves and sold the media a lie.

That would be a lie. The whole 70s global cooling prediction myth was sensationalised in the media but was not the majority opinion in the scientific community.

> A survey of the scientific literature has found that between 1965 and 1979, 44 scientific papers predicted warming, 20 were neutral and just 7 predicted cooling.

Job

Exactly..so why did they keep it to themselves..why did they let it run as a story.
Its not so much whatever that truth is, the complete shutdown of debate..it didnt happen..you dreamt it.

Job

Yeah the website is a bit out there..but they are all legit links.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, let me get this straight. You (and @Bodhi) are moaning like tin foil hatters that the independent took down an article (oooh! deliberate!!) about one guy's opinion and think it's got something to do with science?

Must ALL be fake. Why didn't we see it before? :(

Job

It diesnt even matter that it was taken down.
Its wild predictions being released to the press..from sources that people would be likely to trust.
As..if you read the article points out...they had another piece on being wary of such claims..

Al Gore is another one...every prediction from his movie was miles out.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I mean, climate change deniers are stupid, you can see the impact of using shit we probably shouldn't be every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom