SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I like the way JH11 HAD got through the net.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Israeli foreign ministry condemned the decision and accused Malaysia of anti-Semitism.

Which is what happens every time anyone even hints that they may think that Israel is a shitty country...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Which is what happens every time anyone even hints that they may think that Israel is a shitty country...

It's funny how the article starts out with 'Malaysia, which is a Muslim majority country'

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's funny how the article starts out with 'Malaysia, which is a Muslim majority country'
There's the inference, of course.

But unless I'm mistaken I don't see many christian-majority countries boycotting Israel.

Gwadien

There's the inference, of course.

But unless I'm mistaken I don't see many christian-majority countries boycotting Israel.

I think in 20 years time the policies on Israel will change drastically, equally, I hope in 20 years time the Millennials in Israel will see what they're doing is wrong and they no longer have the need to behave in the way that they do.

I mean, all they're doing is drumming up hostilities in the region, they fully know if anyone fucks with them proper the UN is going to come down heavily on their side and fuck anyone who fucks with them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think in 20 years time the policies on Israel will change drastically, equally, I hope in 20 years time the Millennials in Israel will see what they're doing is wrong and they no longer have the need to behave in the way that they do.
That's optimistic IMO.

For me it's like brexit and Job - Israeli impunity seems to be emboldening them. The country is becoming more brazen in it's actions - and counties only do that when their populations let them.

Gwadien

That's optimistic IMO.

For me it's like brexit and Job - Israeli impunity seems to be emboldening them. The country is becoming more brazen in it's actions - and counties only do that when their populations let them.

I think that's the one thing that Corbyn has brought into politics which I see to be positive; criticism of Israel, and most Millennials agree, purely from what they've seen through social media, rather than the mainstream of the press not daring to criticise Israel, because Holocaust.

The problem is that with the recent investigations into anti-semitism in the Labour party, most of Corbyns supporters responded with 'yeah that's just Israel stuff'. It's important that we're allowed to criticise Israel so we can separate the two.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To combat this I think we really should:

A) Stop intensive farming - which necessitates the application of antibiotics to cattle.
B) Eat less meat.
C) Pay a fair price for meat - so farmers can farm less cattle, with better welfare and health standards whilst being able to stay in business.

This would have the benefit of - a) bringing down carbon emissions, b) helping with the antibiotic resistance issue, c) help with the land-use-biodiversity-issue and d) help with our meat-heavy diet and health issues.

The negative would be loss of daily meaty nom-noms :(

But it's a no brainer. So why don't we legislate for it? Because of the above we already know we have to move to a more plant-based diet. We know we're not going to do it through choice...

Job

To combat this I think we really should:

A) Stop intensive farming - which necessitates the application of antibiotics to cattle.
B) Eat less meat.
C) Pay a fair price for meat - so farmers can farm less cattle, with better welfare and health standards whilst being able to stay in business.

This would have the benefit of - a) bringing down carbon emissions, b) helping with the antibiotic resistance issue, c) help with the land-use-biodiversity-issue and d) help with our meat-heavy diet and health issues.

The negative would be loss of daily meaty nom-noms :(

But it's a no brainer. So why don't we legislate for it? Because of the above we already know we have to move to a more plant-based diet. We know we're not going to do it through choice...
Im pretty sure its over prescription of human antibiotics thats the problem, especially as hospitals have been using them instead of cleaning and disease spread prevention policies.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Job

Yeah..my mate has a few hundred sheep in his farm in Wales.
He constantly injects them with antibiotics to stop hoof rot, he says its because they are all in one place and sheep are supposed to roam..those sheep need very little treatment.
One a side note he gets 50 quid each a year off the EU to keep them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, basically, what I was saying in my first post.

Hill farming whilst 'traditional' blights the landscape. The Lake District has just been granted some UNESCO heritage status or something that means it's treeless sheep-farmed landscape is going to be hard to reform.

Job

Hmm.I like forests and alk but after travelling through Sweden and the Northwest territories in Canada..sometimes endless trees are boring and the land becomes unusable.
You cant go walking anywhere..all you can see is frickin trees.

Gwadien

So, basically, what I was saying in my first post.

Hill farming whilst 'traditional' blights the landscape. The Lake District has just been granted some UNESCO heritage status or something that means it's treeless sheep-farmed landscape is going to be hard to reform.

I disagree with this.

Henry VIII destroyed most of the trees in the UK in order to build his fleet.

That land has been farmed ever since, if you didn't have the sheep there then it would be just wild messy fields.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I disagree with this
Wales, Scotland and the Lake District are, naturally, areas of deciduous forest.

Large scale sheep and pine farming in Wales & Lakes and Deer Estates in Scotland keep the land barren and take a massive toll on biodiversity.

Smaller scale sheep farming and focussed rewilding efforts would preserve some traditional lifestyle, increase (desparately needed) biodiversity and be more in keeping with necessary food goals.

Upsetting a handfull of the billions of humans on the planet to tip the scales back in natures favour, at the cost of a few hundred years of 'tradition*' is a small price to pay IMO.

*by tradition read: old industrial farming practice

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Henry VIII destroyed most of the trees in the UK in order to build his fleet.
Oh. BTW. Lol.

Think how many ships could be made with all the wood that Blighty used to have. A 'fleet' a thousand times the size wouldn't have made a dent.

Farming is responsible for deforestation. And since we need to change how humans derive their food (as the western diet (a relatively recent invention) is killing both us and the planet) then farming can, and should, change...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Wales, Scotland and the Lake District are, naturally, areas of deciduous forest.

Large scale sheep and pine farming in Wales & Lakes and Deer Estates in Scotland keep the land barren and take a massive toll on biodiversity.

Smaller scale sheep farming and focussed rewilding efforts would preserve some traditional lifestyle, increase (desparately needed) biodiversity and be more in keeping with necessary food goals.

Upsetting a handfull of the billions of humans on the planet to tip the scales back in natures favour, at the cost of a few hundred years of 'tradition*' is a small price to pay IMO.

*by tradition read: old industrial farming practice

Switching to arable farming won't help biodiversity either, and relatively speaking, sheep farming is one of the lesser problems in animal farming (beef is, by far, the biggest problem) because while you may be right about the Lake District, in vast areas around the planet sheep are the only sustainable "product" on otherwise unusable land.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Switching to arable farming won't help biodiversity either, and relatively speaking, sheep farming is one of the lesser problems in animal farming (beef is, by far, the biggest problem) because while you may be right about the Lake District, in vast areas around the planet sheep are the only sustainable "product" on otherwise unusable land.
Not saying switch to arable farming. I'm saying do less and re-wild.

We use too much land. Part of our nutition goals is a plan to reduce our land use requirements. Blighty is a patchwork of land that's nearly all being used when the requirement from a biodiversity pov is that we use less...

You're right that the bigger problem is beef but sheep farming still requires farmland elsewhere being given over for feed, and keeps our uplands bare and (relative to what they could be) trashed.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Not saying switch to arable farming. I'm saying do less and re-wild.

We use too much land. Part of our nutition goals is a plan to reduce our land use requirements. Blighty is a patchwork of land that's nearly all being used when the requirement from a biodiversity pov is that we use less...

You're right that the bigger problem is beef but sheep farming still requires farmland elsewhere being given over for feed, and keeps our uplands bare and (relative to what they could be) trashed.

7 billion people and rising. Doubt we'll be decreasing land use any time soon.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
7 billion people and rising. Doubt we'll be decreasing land use any time soon.
One of the benefits of changing the diet is because it's inefficient use of land - huge amounts of land are given over to produce grain to feed cattle when less land could produce an equivalent number of (healthier and more environmentally friendly) calories...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Well if land is scarce, and we need to consider what we are growing, my suggestion is to fuck vegetables off as they are entirely pointless. I mean what fucking use are carrots to anyone?

Just grow some extra cows and bacon instead.

On a more serious note, whilst we are blighting the landscape with thousands of useless bird munching windmills in the name of subsidy farming saving the planet, I struggle to care too much about a few sheep stuck on a hill. It's great driving through the mountains of Wales or Scotland, seeing a sheep and wondering how the fuck he got up there.

Gwadien

Well if land is scarce, and we need to consider what we are growing, my suggestion is to fuck vegetables off as they are entirely pointless. I mean what fucking use are carrots to anyone?

Just grow some extra cows and bacon instead.

On a more serious note, whilst we are blighting the landscape with thousands of useless bird munching windmills in the name of subsidy farming saving the planet, I struggle to care too much about a few sheep stuck on a hill. It's great driving through the mountains of Wales or Scotland, seeing a sheep and wondering how the fuck he got up there.

Yeah, exactly, sheep have created the places of natural beauty over hundreds of years.

Job

The future of farming is vertical..no soil hydrophonics.
You can control pests and disease much more easily without chemicals and the entire thing is easily automated for cultivation.
They the farmers can make mtb tracks in the empty fields..win..win..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fuck off! Doing a keto diet at the moment and I need me meats and dairy :)
Doing the same - did it all last year. (Skipped xmas because Thailand is made of sugar and pitching quickly into keto with a 4-day fast).

Trying to massively up the amount of fats obtained through vegetable matter rather than meat. I already eat more avocado than any man alive tho :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, exactly, sheep have created the places of natural beauty over hundreds of years.
Nothing natural about it. Snowdonia is entirely an industrial landscape.

You should see the results of no-graze projects in the peaks. It goes from drab brown to amazingly colourful very quickly, supports orders of magnitude more fauna, has a better drainage profile (downstream flood prevention) and is all round more biodiverse.

Nobody loves the lakes/welsh/scottish landscape more than me (I'll be moving there as soon as I can *because* of that).

But don't kid yourself that that's natural or 'nature'. They're bio-poor industrial wastelands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom