SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I suspect it is money saving but marketed as reducing reoffending.

I think you might be right, but either way, I think it's a good idea - 6 months sentences are pointless and they just ruin lives causing people to reoffend again.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Signs you have married the right woman #357

You have an in depth discussion over a beer or two around what car to have next. You evaluate things like affordability, practicality and how it fits our requirements. You both come to the conclusion that the best car to buy is a BMW M3.

:D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Already got one, me dad treated himself to one when he retired, and I inherited it when he passed away.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Signs you have married the right woman #357

You have an in depth discussion over a beer or two around what car to have next. You evaluate things like affordability, practicality and how it fits our requirements. You both come to the conclusion that the best car to buy is a BMW M3.

:D
It is an unsigned agreement that whatever the man proposes as the family's main form of transportation is the one which will be chosen. The female counterpart then decides all of the rest(the irrelevant, like curtains, decoration and which laundry machine she would like).

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
A drunk rambling in McDonald's... Tell him to fuck off and then ignore him.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Obviously not, but its fair to say..though very unpopular..that white people invented the machine age.

Which might well go on to destroy said civilisation.

Job

I'm that old that I used to repair mechanical telephone exchanges.
Actually only 30 years ago, they were still in use.
Heres one switch..imagine 5000 of them all clicking away in response to the old rotary dial.
It amazed me it ever worked..if you rang America there would be a few hundred of these held in place on contacts..if anyone had a bad contact the call would drop out.

View: https://youtu.be/htmwM4jVdl0

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Obviously not, but its fair to say..though very unpopular..that white people invented the machine age.

Which might well go on to destroy said civilisation.

True, nothing to be proud of when we've exploited every other ethnicity to achieve that though. :)

Job

Hang on..hang on.
Ethnicity!!!!
I got ass raped for using that word on here.

Job

Oh c'mon.
You don't have to know the fundamentals of genetics to have valid arguments.
Does Lewis Hamilton know how to fit an F1 engine timebelt?
But would you listen to his views on car performance?
The issues with GM are mostly outside of the tech and are focused on the wider consequences of who owns the patents...and who is responsible for the failures.
They are basically handing over the genetics of our food supply to corporations at an unheard of level.
What used to be trial and error over generations is now a cutting edge science with an awful lot of fingers in the pie...plants modified to resist stronger pesticides..plants being injected with properties from completely different species..even insects to develop attributes that we could have never managed without the latest gene tech.
I have little faith in it not going tits up just like antibiotics, burning coal and this new wonder material..asbestos!!!

That article is just classic intellectual snobbery...the scientist equivalent of throwing in long words in a discussion.

Job

Anyway.

2eifthqrsda21.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have little faith in it not going tits up just like antibiotics
Antibiotics, which have saved hundreds of millions of lives and enabled surgical advances have gone tits up how?

Other than being a really good example of natural selection?

It's not intellectual snobbery. It's idiots having entrenched views.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The fact that they have been overused and the bacteria are becoming drug resistant?
I don't think it's a valid criticism in the case of antibiotics, especially in the context of the discussion on GM.

Due to the nature of natural selection the use of antibiotics was always going to be time-limited - scientists have known since the start that this was going to be an eventual outcome - it's always been a matter of time. Job's assertion around GM is that it is in some way fundementally flawed because we're "messing with nature" - that's not the case with antibiotics. We're just using a resource that we've always known won't last forever.

Of course, we've hoped to find solutions, but that's easier said than done.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I don't think it's a valid criticism in the case of antibiotics, especially in the context of the discussion on GM.

Due to the nature of natural selection the use of antibiotics was always going to be time-limited - scientists have known since the start that this was going to be an eventual outcome - it's always been a matter of time. Job's assertion around GM is that it is in some way fundementally flawed because we're "messing with nature" - that's not the case with antibiotics. We're just using a resource that we've always known won't last forever.

Of course, we've hoped to find solutions, but that's easier said than done.

I agree to a certain extent but they could have used Antibiotics a lot smarter than they have done which could perhaps have extended their usefulness. Not a fault of the Antiobotics but a fault of the scientists/doctors etc. Which you could kind of equate to the GM issue but it's not really the same ball park.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I agree to a certain extent but they could have used Antibiotics a lot smarter than they have done which could perhaps have extended their usefulness. Not a fault of the Antiobotics but a fault of the scientists/doctors etc.
Not a fault of the scientists. I wouldn't even lay it at the feet of the doctors - I'd say it's more a political failure tbpfh.

But one that would have happened nonetheless.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How much would you expect a spark to charge for supplying and fitting a new consumer unit?

Job

It depends, they're rarely a straight swap, you'll hear endless.
Oh you need this and that and latest regs and who the fuck wired this shit.

Job

Corries Faye is the hottest chick in UK soap...and a saucy sex tape star.

0_National-Television-Awards-Red-Carpet-Arrivals-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom