SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Back when I played BF, you put in a fuckton of hours just to get a marginally better rifle.

So is the objection to having a paid option at all? Or because it's too expensive? Or because a single over-powered character shouldn't be in the game at all? (which would be my objection). Please don't make me go to reddit to find this shit out.

The key word being marginal, it wasn't game breaking if you didn't have the upgrade. It's fairly obvious EA have setup the balance and grind to encourage people to spend even more money on an already expensive game. The reactionary Reddit army have kicked off because EA's initial response was basically "pay-up or get good noob" and it all exploded into a PR nightmare after that.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am not sure Disney will be best pleased when this all goes to shit due to kids gambling in one of their shiny new IPs.

It is gambling, or at least that is how Johnny Consumer sees it, regardless of the legal definition of gambling.

I am sure some numpty from marketing thought it was a great idea at the time though.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Thats what kinda finished off DAOC, finding yourself playing against ludicrously powerul characters owned by people spending their entire waking hours in Atlantis.
Yes, DAOC and BF is exactly the same

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
No, its not. If there's "a prize every time", then they skirt the gambling rules (its a tombola not a raffle basically), because the transaction is an exchange (access to the prize pool) not a bet. I agree it sounds like a pretty shitty idea, but I also agree with @Raven, a fool and his money are soon parted. NB. Do loot boxes exist in games below PEGI 16?

I dunno, I'd personally say it is gambling. Either way I think Lootboxes are becoming an incredibly shady practice, they just keep pushing and pushing to see what they can get away with.

asdasdasda.png

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Thats what kinda finished off DAOC, finding yourself playing against ludicrously powerul characters owned by people spending their entire waking hours in Atlantis.

What a load of horseshit. For starters you can't compare the games at all since there was no pay to win element in DAoC. Secondly, if someone put in the hours to obtain the items and gain the playing skill necessary to wtfpwn people in DAoC then good on them. I'd say the same to anyone playing BF without paying to win.

Sometimes I think I've witnessed the depths of Human stupidity, then someone lets you near a keyboard.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
What a load of horseshit. For starters you can't compare the games at all since there was no pay to win element in DAoC. Secondly, if someone put in the hours to obtain the items and gain the playing skill necessary to wtfpwn people in DAoC then good on them. I'd say the same to anyone playing BF without paying to win.

Sometimes I think I've witnessed the depths of Human stupidity, then someone lets you near a keyboard.
I agree. Pay to win is the essence here. But also the kids expecting to get everything from the start. Without workig for it. If it was just the second i would say suck it up and get good. But its the two combined that really are the issue

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Cant be arsed to confirm numbers but someone is claiming 4528 hours to unlock everything.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah was like eight hours a day for a year and seven months or something.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Back when I played BF, you put in a fuckton of hours just to get a marginally better rifle.

So is the objection to having a paid option at all? Or because it's too expensive? Or because a single over-powered character shouldn't be in the game at all? (which would be my objection). Please don't make me go to reddit to find this shit out.

On top of the pay to win aspect the game seems full of mobile free-to-play style elements, like forcing a 3 hour wait to earn more credits after hitting the cap (unless you pqy ofc)

In Angry birds this is expected, in a $80 AAA game it takes the piss

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So EA Did a Reddit AskMeAnything and the best response to it was found on twitter, it pretty much summed up the AMA as it was happening....

"Basically @EA during the @Reddit AMA, if they backpedal any harder they'll end up back in 1982 when they were founded. #EA #GambleGate

tumblr_ni7g6vQHZ51u4d5lwo1_500.gif
"

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Pretty dumb supporting one in France. Cutting their noses off to spite their face.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
FTL is the gift that keeps on giving.

Haven't played it in about a year, picked it up again the other day. Got three things left to achieve (stuff like "kill the last bad guy with your last man alive - on the bad guys ship"). Anyway - winning with this green bellend ship was a cunt of a job :)
upload_2017-11-16_1-6-56.png

I left #4 in there for yas because of the cool name. :)

If you're one of the six people who've never never played it, buy it!

Anyway. To bed! :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

I like that about Battlefield, but it pissed me off when EA keep fucking with the guns and gameplay dynamics. I'd be fucked off is someone bagged a Martini Henry just by paying for it, I earned that shit![/QUOTE]

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I like that about Battlefield, but it pissed me off when EA keep fucking with the guns and gameplay dynamics. I'd be fucked off is someone bagged a Martini Henry just by paying for it, I earned that shit!
[/QUOTE]

They should offer a server config that allows paid or earned players.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They should offer a server config that allows paid or earned players.
Lol. The whole point for paying is people like an advantage. Imagine the stigma from playing on paid servers? They wouldn't wear it.

If there's one thing that's changed in the last 15-20 years massive explosion of gaming - people who weren't absolute geeks in the 80s and nerds in the early 90s and looked down on those sort of early-adopters and dismissed them don't play well together - they just want to win. Or they hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom