this game is just shit now

K

Karam_gruul

this game just isnt any good anymore. its a seriously bad bad game. its ok for the first month, after that its downhill all the way, when you hit 50 it doubles the bordem of the game. i dont know why i havnt quit. i should quit, and i really want to, its just every time i go to, i think to myself "but what if i wanna play it again later?". but then again, every time i go on, i go to emain, kill someone, die, log off.

lets just face it, daoc isnt a good game. a good game is something like UO, that kept me utterly entertained and addicted for 3 solid years (not once did i stop my account). this game just hasnt got that kind of lastability. all you have to do is look at some of the reviews. when it first came out, most were saying 90% or so, now after a few months, most reviews are giving 50-60%.

how i'd sum up this game:

boring
repetetive
boring
slow moving
boring

so after 2-3 months of play, i've decided its a bad bad game. it has no lastability, and its a terrible mmorpg, in comparison to others (uo and eq mainly).

O

old.Tzeentch

so i think the question everyone wants answered from what you just posted:

does this mean you are quitting?

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
so i think the question everyone wants answered from what you just posted:

does this mean you are quitting?

not just yet. probably very soon. just wanted to let everyone know they're playing a rubbish game :D

J

Jimli

lemme guess, after 6 months of UO all hardcore mmorpg players moved on to the next one while you stayed owning all noobs that wanted to try mmorpg?

Now in DaoC you're having to defend yourself against good players and can't own any more so DaoC sucks?

Am I right or am I right?

I like this game. I've taken my time exploring midgard. Done quests, some with very nice storylines. I suppose when you choose for the familiarity of the Arthurian legends boredom sets in quick.

Plz quit and crawl back to your hole in UO.

C

Cowled

Heh - i can only say it's true.

There are too many changes for me to stick around forever. :)

/Cowled

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by Jimli
lemme guess, after 6 months of UO all hardcore mmorpg players moved on to the next one while you stayed owning all noobs that wanted to try mmorpg?

Now in DaoC you're having to defend yourself against good players and can't own any more so DaoC sucks?

Am I right or am I right?

I like this game. I've taken my time exploring midgard. Done quests, some with very nice storylines. I suppose when you choose for the familiarity of the Arthurian legends boredom sets in quick.

Plz quit and crawl back to your hole in UO.

your not lvl 50 yet you idiot. when you hit 50 trust me, you'll quit within a month. theres nothing to do at 50, its not so bad at low lvls like 40+, because when you go to rvr, and get killed, you think to yourself, i'll go lvl some more and come back much stronger. no doing that at 50, you get killed, your stuck with it. nothing you can do about being ganked by 70-80 mids every day.

and urr no, nearly every UO player thats on there at the moment is a 3-4 year veteran, you rarely see new players mainly because the game isnt sold much anymore. UO is so much better than this game, this is an ok game for the first month (as i said), but after that its just shit. boring, repetetive, dull landscape. EQ had no pvp, but what it lacked in that department, it made up for in size. EQ is about 20x the size of alb, mid and hib put together. and not only does it have huge lands, the number of items for each class is mind boggling. i was still seeing items i'd not come across before at lvl 45.

daoc IS just a small, dull 1 off mmorpg, it has no potential to be a great game, and it will never be a great game, no matter how much they tweak it with patches. infact if anything it'll only get worse with more patching.

A

Alrindel

doll2.JPG

J

Jimli

Did i hit a sore spot karam? They do say the truth hurts.

T

Troryn

karam do as all a favour

"why dont you make like a tree and get the fuck out of here"
(fuckarse, The Boondock Saints)

K THX BYE

J

Jimli

Originally posted by Karam_gruul
nothing you can do about being ganked by 70-80 mids every day.

I am a middie, won't be ganked by them. And while you're posting here your fellow albs have just attacked and conquered bledmeer with only a few middies watching helplessy. Doesn't sound like 70-80 mids ganking albs.

L

lamus Yuatja

lamus Yuatja Thinks someone got owned...

V

Vireb

this is how i see it karam makes lots of friends on forums, karum goes rvr there are 2 armies squaring up mid/hib (either) and alb, the enemy start clicking across to see cons then one spots karam, mid/hib yells kill karam hes a cunt no one likes him.whole army zergs karam, Karam gets killed :) make yaself enemy number 1 expect to get killed :)

D

deadparrot

The basic xping of the game can get boring, but its got a big chat network added on it which helps, and the whole day/night weather thing is great too. (sunrise/sunset looks great).

I havent played my lvl 50 char much atm, but thats coz our guild leader, and the messer, are on holiday. Going round as a group of 8 was great fun, working as a team is what rvr is designed around.

I've started lvling a friar, and my first test on the 20-24 bg's was great fun (people, casters too, just ingnore you till the staff beating starts :clap: )

Remember darkness falls is here soon and also the 43+ epics, then we get the cool epic skins after that and realm abilities.

Mystic realise the game gets boring so add extra things to keep our interest, they want to get paid after all.

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by deadparrot
The basic xping of the game can get boring, but its got a big chat network added on it which helps, and the whole day/night weather thing is great too. (sunrise/sunset looks great).

I havent played my lvl 50 char much atm, but thats coz our guild leader, and the messer, are on holiday. Going round as a group of 8 was great fun, working as a team is what rvr is designed around.

I've started lvling a friar, and my first test on the 20-24 bg's was great fun (people, casters too, just ingnore you till the staff beating starts :clap: )

Remember darkness falls is here soon and also the 43+ epics, then we get the cool epic skins after that and realm abilities.

Mystic realise the game gets boring so add extra things to keep our interest, they want to get paid after all.

some good points, and to a certain extent true. but the base of this game is bad. in order to add new things to a game succesfully, and keep it fun, you need the game to be fun at the core, without anything extra. what i mean is, epic armour will LOOK cool, but after a week of having it im sure i'll be bored as hell with it. and realm abilities may SOUND cool, but fact of the matter is the same amount of ganking will still happen and it will hardly make a difference.

i dont think any number of patches to this game will make it fun to be honest.

O

old.Prof

If you really didn't like the game you wouldn't be lvl 50.

Nuff said.

Seems you just can't take you don't pwn as much as you hoped at lvl 50. Indicative is the following :

its not so bad at low lvls like 40+, because when you go to rvr, and get killed, you think to yourself, i'll go lvl some more and come back much stronger. no doing that at 50, you get killed, your stuck with it.

I

Israfael

For all those that have had a go at karam and mocked him, for gods sake he's only saying what a lot of people think right now. There's no need to have a go.

I can see his point, yes, the game is dull, it is boring, in a lot of ways. A lot of the people that play the game are complete assholes - nothing's going to change that.

I keep going in a way because I like the world. I like the teamwork, when it happens. I'm going to persevere longer with it - as I enjoy the game on a whole.

Karam, don't leave us mate. I know you're a better player and you enjoy the game normally. Don't let these idiots spoil it for you - they're not worth it.

J

Jimli

Originally posted by IsrafaelCF
For all those that have had a go at karam and mocked him, for gods sake he's only saying what a lot of people think right now. There's no need to have a go.

Having a go at Karam is makes this thread more fun then saying "I'm with you on this man"

I do agree there can be a lot of repetive actions in this game. That's why i balance between quests, xp and crafting. That keeps the game fun for me together with the chatting with in-game friends.

Cant ofc say how i feel about this game once i reach lvl 50. Atm im planning to switch to my healer and lvl her up to 50 for RvR purposes since we got a shocking shortage of healers atm.

For those doing the math: 1035 weaponcraft + 50 warrior + 50 healer = Get A Life idiot. Well you're right ;)

I

Israfael

<<< Having a go at Karam is makes this thread more fun then saying "I'm with you on this man" >>>

Yeah, but don't you stop to think about how it makes him feel? How would you feel if someone ridiculed every post you made?

<<< I do agree there can be a lot of repetive actions in this game. That's why i balance between quests, xp and crafting. That keeps the game fun for me together with the chatting with in-game friends.

Cant ofc say how i feel about this game once i reach lvl 50. Atm im planning to switch to my healer and lvl her up to 50 for RvR purposes since we got a shocking shortage of healers atm.>>>

Yea, that's similar to what I do. Not everyone can stomach something like crafting - or doing quests endlessly.

<<< For those doing the math: 1035 weaponcraft + 50 warrior + 50 healer = Get A Life idiot. Well you're right >>>

I'd hate to see the combined /played time of your characters... :p

L

Lessurl

For once i have to agree with karam. I'm not even 50 yet (not anywhere near by the looks of it :( ) and i'm beginning to get extremely tired of this game. Xping is extremely repetitive. Target mob, bolt, bolt, dd, dd, dd, dead. Rvr i get ganked a lot, and unlike karam thinking oh well, better get back to xping so i can do better. I think oh crap, do i have to do more xpin? <sigh>
Quests are too few to lvl on (i think to make the game more interesting there should be enough quests each level for u to be able to lvl up that way, avoiding repetitive mob killing if u want) grps are few and far between for one of the non-"ideal" classes. What groups i do get are just as repetive, infact if not more so than soloing as i only get to use on spell whilst grouped.
It is only the occasional spits of fun when i get into a good rvr grp or somehow manage to get in an aoe group that keep me coming back atm. And of course the massive chat network, but why should i pay a monthly subscription for a chat room?

J

Jimli

Yeah, but don't you stop to think about how it makes him feel? How would you feel if someone ridiculed every post you made?

hmm judging by his previous post he wants to get this sort of reactions but judging by his reply to my first answer he wanted to be serious on this one. That's why i replied after your post with a "normal" reply

Not quite there yet. Jimli atm almost 30 days and raina at 6

K

Karam_gruul

<<< Having a go at Karam is makes this thread more fun then saying "I'm with you on this man" >>>

<<< I do agree there can be a lot of repetive actions in this game. That's why i balance between quests, xp and crafting. That keeps the game fun for me together with the chatting with in-game friends.

Cant ofc say how i feel about this game once i reach lvl 50. Atm im planning to switch to my healer and lvl her up to 50 for RvR purposes since we got a shocking shortage of healers atm.>>>

Yea, that's similar to what I do. Not everyone can stomach something like crafting - or doing quests endlessly.

<<< For those doing the math: 1035 weaponcraft + 50 warrior + 50 healer = Get A Life idiot. Well you're right >>>

thanks isra. and yea i suppose it does get a bit annoying, no one taking any post i make seriously. but i think i've just learnt to put up with it now. i dont really care anymore to be honest.

do people really think i'd act like i do if i liked this game? the only way i can breathe some more fun and excitement into this game is by making amusing posts on the forums. which is definatly a bad sign. any good game shouldnt give you any time to go on forums in the first place.

one of the good things is some of the really cool people i've met in the game, like isra and nyara, and others in various guilds. but i pretty much dislike the rest of the games population.

all i can say is, this game definatly isnt a long term investment. its fun to start with, but trust me, when you hit 50 its terrible. i almost wish i hadnt. i think the problem is it was just too rushed, its too small, not enough classes or races, not enough land to explore, not enough dungeons, not enough mobs, not enough items. a well planned, well pulled off game like EQ or UO is what im looking for. which will come in the form of SWG i reckon. this game is just a stepping stone toward SWG, something to keep me entertained for a little while. but unfortunatly its already stopped entertaining me and is just winding me up now.

the only thing stopping me from quitting right now is the epic armour patch, i just wanna check it out and see what it looks like. but after that i reckon im off.

I

Israfael

I probably will continue to play post 50 - but because I will aid guild members, go on epic hunts, explore Darkness Falls. But I have the patience to sit and kill mobs - conversly I don't have the patience to craft.

I think like 90% of the daoc population I shall play SWG when it comes out - but I probably won't stop DAOC.

Reason being?

I'm proud of what I have. I'm proud of having bulit a character up. I'm proud of the friends I've made. I'm proud of the guild I put together.

And most of all-

I've made friends. Good friends. Friends which I shall no doubt keep in touch with even after I quit playing DAOC.

That, for me, is the most rewarding part of any online game.

L

lamus Yuatja

lamus Yuatja Thinks someone is still getting owned...

K

Kagato.

Don't give a damn about the rest of the this thread personally, everyone has there own opinions on this game and I doubt many of them will ever see the same way.

So all im gonna say is, thats one damn cute picture you posted there Alrindel, love the rabbits lol !

:D

O

old.Moriaana

And of course the massive chat network, but why should i pay a monthly subscription for a chat room?

Umm... because I am one of the star attractions? :p

H

healer_mcheal

Karam... do what i did i got bored of my excal chars so i made prydwen ones for a little fun.. im having more fun on there than i did on excal.. yeah ill probbly get bored of it after a while.. but then i can allways go back to my other chars.

N

Novamir

i felt this way soon after i hit 50... but i rvred for a couple of weeks, and the game changed. if you want to succeed in rvr, you have to accept you're gonna die and keep going back. but make it challenging.

ffs, RvR isn't about zergs (unless you're a brainless player)

it's a little known fact, but if you take a good group with a primary mezzer (sorc for albs?) around emain, you can have VERY good fights.

i imagine for albs, a team of armsman+minstrel+sorc+cleric would be real ownage. one of the most fun things for me in rvr is going around with max 8 people, and taking on greater numbers against you. its a good rush and you get RPs better this way too ;)

don't just port to emain with 30 other albs, run at a snails pace to the wall, look around after zerging everything then get picked off and killed... take some time to rvr like you took time to level.

you dinged 50 times already, treat realm level sub-ranks as dings.

on the other hand you can completely ignore what i've just typed, and fuck off. advice is there to be refused anyways ;)

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by Novamir
i felt this way soon after i hit 50... but i rvred for a couple of weeks, and the game changed. if you want to succeed in rvr, you have to accept you're gonna die and keep going back. but make it challenging.

ffs, RvR isn't about zergs (unless you're a brainless player)

it's a little known fact, but if you take a good group with a primary mezzer (sorc for albs?) around emain, you can have VERY good fights.

i imagine for albs, a team of armsman+minstrel+sorc+cleric would be real ownage. one of the most fun things for me in rvr is going around with max 8 people, and taking on greater numbers against you. its a good rush and you get RPs better this way too ;)

don't just port to emain with 30 other albs, run at a snails pace to the wall, look around after zerging everything then get picked off and killed... take some time to rvr like you took time to level.

you dinged 50 times already, treat realm level sub-ranks as dings.

on the other hand you can completely ignore what i've just typed, and fuck off. advice is there to be refused anyways ;)

thats true, and i have tried doing that. it gets boring too tho. being in a group makes rvr seem less of a challenge, especially if you have a mezzer. its just ae mez, then tanks take out all the casters followed by the tanks. its not a challenge really, but might be good rps.

BUT as i said, whenever i get in a group of 8 albs, i'll get ganked by 60-70 mids as always. i think thats one of the things that ruins this game, how much mids dominate the server population.

maybe its just life as a tank is uber boring. i cant see it changing much for any tank from any realm, it'll all be the same life. go to emain, maybe be lucky enough to find a solo player, own them, get ganked by 70-80 mids. /release, /q.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom