Thinking of Trying Mid.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
Hi,

Im thinking on giving mid a go, and had a few questions if anyone could kindly answer :)

Will most likely level a valkryie up, whats best end spec (been reading 31mend is good/usual from VNboards?) also whats the best way to train per 5 levels etc (s/s perhaps?)

will also be leveling with a bot, if i do go with mend, would it be best to pick a healer for the power buff?

Wheres best to level now, SI only or TD's quicker/best way?

Any guilds recruit mid noobs at all? and anyone that could do a transfer from hib/excal to mid/excal if i do decide to move?

thanks for any help.
Maunie

tollstore

Fledgling Freddie
Hi
My GF uses 50sword 42shield 35mend 10ow and holds her own easy enough :)

You can join Immortal Bloodlust weve taken a few noobs in over the last week or so and i'm usually pl'ng or doing something u can join.

As for a bot I'd go aug shammie myself but depends if u want haste buff if not to bothered about haste defo use shammie - I have shammie bb and use bracer of hail for my haste buff.

Anyway if u do need a guild just pm me ingame im on every night.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
quests and td's till 40 then leech the rest on ML raids worked for me :england:

Though to be honest I got bored with the valk after they got all the love and fotm. :(

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
thanks both for your replies :-

Kag, how come you got bored of a valk? just intrested for weighing up the pros/con's etc :)

and tollstore ill try to look you up in game, ty for offering a guild space, just hoping i can get a transfer asap :)

thanks
maunie

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
thanks both for your replies :-

Kag, how come you got bored of a valk? just intrested for weighing up the pros/con's etc :)

and tollstore ill try to look you up in game, ty for offering a guild space, just hoping i can get a transfer asap :)

thanks
maunie

Can't honestly explain it really, I began levelling the valk before they had any love when I thought it was already a highly under rated class, then they got all the love and became fotm and I kind of lost interest but carried on and templated anyway.

Now I still think it's a fine class but just not my thing, I tend towards the under rated classes I think I can find an over looked advantage in rather then cookie-cutter specs/classes.

Of cause not having a BB in mid doesn't help much either. I think if I had the time and began again i'd probably of made a Savage, but currently im levelling in hib instead.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Can't honestly explain it really, I began levelling the valk before they had any love when I thought it was already a highly under rated class, then they got all the love and became fotm and I kind of lost interest but carried on and templated anyway.

Now I still think it's a fine class but just not my thing, I tend towards the under rated classes I think I can find an over looked advantage in rather then cookie-cutter specs/classes.

Ahh ic, thats why you have a rr11 arms :fluffle:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh ic, thats why you have a rr11 arms :fluffle:

You really are quite pathetic arn't you, your that facinated by me you have to stalk me in every single unrelated thread including off-topic forum just to get your daily dose of Kag? I'm so touched.

As for the RR11 armsmen, i've been playing him for 5 years even through the cast-alot days pre-detirmination when tanks were just cannon fodder and Armsmen were a common joke in the other realms. Even through the pre-toa and early NF years when there was usually only me even logged in on a /who Armsman.

I went out of my way to prove what the class could do when no one else thought they were any good. What have you done for your classes? I see no shortage of fotm's in your sig.

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Have the same oppinion as Kagato tbh, made my Valk ages ago and quite enjoied the fact that noone knew what the fuck I was, then patch came with charge and I quite enjoied that as it helped with the casters and the groups (ae shear, snare then charge off :D ) then came the ragnor and mend patch. Have to say I enjoy having that kind of dammage and heal powers on my toon, but after looking over it myself - winning fights against rr8+ assasins, multiple rr3+'s at a time and having sweet fudge all problems with classes without shields - it just gets a bit repetitive.

I still play my valk but thats mainly as its my highest rr so far and im looking forward to rr8, but if your looking for more than a slam rag rag rag heal class look elsewhere :)

My spec is 50 sword 42 shield 27 parry 22 mend rest OW , soon to be 50 Spear 42 parry 22 mend 7 shield rest OW :)

Kede

Fledgling Freddie
You really are quite pathetic arn't you, your that facinated by me you have to stalk me in every single unrelated thread including off-topic forum just to get your daily dose of Kag? I'm so touched.

As for the RR11 armsmen, i've been playing him for 5 years even through the cast-alot days pre-detirmination when tanks were just cannon fodder and Armsmen were a common joke in the other realms. Even through the pre-toa and early NF years when there was usually only me even logged in on a /who Armsman.

I went out of my way to prove what the class could do when no one else thought they were any good. What have you done for your classes? I see no shortage of fotm's in your sig.

I gotta hand it to you, for not gving up your polearmsman. With all the temptations:) At some points it seemes like pure defiance of all other classes, hehe!
Tbh I thought you gave up long time ago, I guess I was wrong.

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

Im thinking on giving mid a go, and had a few questions if anyone could kindly answer :)

Will most likely level a valkryie up, whats best end spec (been reading 31mend is good/usual from VNboards?) also whats the best way to train per 5 levels etc (s/s perhaps?)

will also be leveling with a bot, if i do go with mend, would it be best to pick a healer for the power buff?

Wheres best to level now, SI only or TD's quicker/best way?

Any guilds recruit mid noobs at all? and anyone that could do a transfer from hib/excal to mid/excal if i do decide to move?

thanks for any help.
Maunie

You would want a aug shammy for the end buff since end are the only thing I lack when I lvling my valk. and you get dex/qui and str/con aswell:)
I´m at 43 now and have had a blast all the way.
I mostly been levling in SI or DF and for my standards it´s been fast so far.
I´m planning on being 50 sword, 42 shield, 22 mend 19 OW and rest parry when i hit 50. I kept sword at max all the way and went 22 mend pretty fast the HoTs and stuffs, took OW up to 19 asweel pretty fast for some xtra dmg since i don´t have any bb

Have fun with your valk!:)

Ritchie

Banned
Have the same oppinion as Kagato tbh, made my Valk ages ago and quite enjoied the fact that noone knew what the fuck I was, then patch came with charge and I quite enjoied that as it helped with the casters and the groups (ae shear, snare then charge off :D ) then came the ragnor and mend patch. Have to say I enjoy having that kind of dammage and heal powers on my toon, but after looking over it myself - winning fights against rr8+ assasins, multiple rr3+'s at a time and having sweet fudge all problems with classes without shields - it just gets a bit repetitive.

I still play my valk but thats mainly as its my highest rr so far and im looking forward to rr8, but if your looking for more than a slam rag rag rag heal class look elsewhere :)

My spec is 50 sword 42 shield 27 parry 22 mend rest OW , soon to be 50 Spear 42 parry 22 mend 7 shield rest OW :)

When i was spear i loved having high OW and really didnt want to give it up, imo your making a big mistake with that spec having been spear

Spear takes a hell of a lot on end but with the CW you hit really fast, windmill followed up by roundhouse is great

if your going spear you cant afford to loose the dex/qui shear imo, thats going to do more than any amount of weapon skill you get from taking spear to 50, all you need is 41 IMO there are far better places to put your points in from there onwards. Trust me you really dont want to loose odins will and be spear, would be very stupid imo, its the whole point in speccing spear, to have OW

Spec id suggest if you want spear and high parry, engage still with 22 mend is:

41 Spear
47 Odins Will
22 Mend
37 Parry
8 Shield

get the 3 styles in spear you need, behind stun, windmill and roundhouse

47 Odins will get you highest of everything expect frontal DD cone + magic abaltive...... 1 min dex qui shear mucho <3 reduces all your targets defenses, stealthers, shield users, parry users aswell..... a great tool to have and trust me you WILL need it. Rest is pretty self explanitory

Tuthmes

FH is my second home

Quite funneh how you react tbh. Sure arms in the past havent bin fotm and sure you deserve credit for stickin with it. Doesnt mean they are not fotm atm!

Why should i stickup for my classes in the first place. As for a hib realm we get no lub anyway and at the first QQ of albs we get nerfed :p
But to continue this discussion mr fotm armsmen, what char in my sign is exactly fotm anyway?
You really need to take a chillpill and a epeen enlarger togo with it, you lack some :|
As for stalking, you are way to much fun to fool around with on these boards.

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
Ive lvled my recent toons using DR and Cata quests that arent too hard once u learn the layout of cata. They givf massive amounts of XP and some usable quest items as well.. :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
yup :p dr and cata quest are sick.. you can go from 48-50 in less thane 1 hour doing them :p

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
is spear a better choice? with windmill/roundhouse combo sounds like alot of dmg compared to rag, or is that just on paper?

would it be best i just level using spear/mend untill higher levels?

again ty all for info provided so far

Maunie

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
is spear a better choice? with windmill/roundhouse combo sounds like alot of dmg compared to rag, or is that just on paper?

Maunie

Well, if you plan on soloing slam gets purged most of the time anyway.. so ragnarok or even the side chain would rely on that alot.. unless you've mastered run throughs/strafe perfectly :p otherwise i'd just say go with spear for easy-mode anytimer spam :p ofcourse if your going to be grping most of the time go with sword without a doubt

side note: sword does have an anytimer with a dd on but its not godly

As for pve, just go spear for leveling, its not like you need to bother with blocking if you've got your HoTs

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
I was spear before valk love and instantly changed it to s/s, havent had any problems at any lvl farmin ora-red mobs. Those hots are a really good help, and no the anytimer style dd isnt godly but damn it does make a difference. And those Hots do take a lot of pwr so to keep downtime to a minimum s/s is best imo. :)

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
41 Spear
47 Odins Will
22 Mend
37 Parry
8 Shield
Aye, when i was spear ages ago i loved the high OW as well as the d/q shear is quite nice, but looking for more of a change and would love to see what moparry4/5 + 101 dex and 51+17 parry does for me :D

Altho if I do get bored of it I will be switching to something simular to your spec but might keep OW at 36 for 1st shear and keep higher parry =]

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Quite funneh how you react tbh. Sure arms in the past havent bin fotm and sure you deserve credit for stickin with it. Doesnt mean they are not fotm atm!

Oh right I see, so after playing my class for 5 years without any love or improvements I should suddenly quit and reroll to something else because they are finally being recognised? I'm sure you'd do that :wanker:

Maunie

Windmill/rounderhouse is ok but costs a huge amount of endurance (around 20 a time) and in RvR your looking at instant group-purge for the enemy with the procs.

I still stick with spear because I don't like shields in daoc but it does come at a price.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Oh right I see, so after playing my class for 5 years without any love or improvements I should suddenly quit and reroll to something else because they are finally being recognised? I'm sure you'd do that :wanker:

Where did you see me say that mr. paranoid? Armsmen are exactly what they should be atm. Hard to kill.
It's you that see the hidden whinge everywhere, go lighten up.

P.s. On the otherhand don't, you're way to funny this way.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Where did you see me say that mr. paranoid? Armsmen are exactly what they should be atm. Hard to kill.
It's you that see the hidden whinge everywhere, go lighten up.

P.s. On the otherhand don't, you're way to funny this way.

Exactly where I quoted you.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Exactly the same thing that happened with the Armsman class happened with the sorc, when i rolled my sorc back in the days /who sorc 50 would usually show 1 or 2 people online. When i hit 50 i was told by a friend to make an appliocation to SoTL because at the time they had no active sorcerers at all so i did and i was accepted.
Then ToA/NF came and sorcs became incredibly fotm with the new cool RR5 ability and the ML9 pet ofcourse so people started rerolling and suddenly you'd see up to 70+ level 50 sorcs online. :)

Pre heavytank patch you could hardly see an armsman anywhere and after that they started popping everywhere as 'the new fotm solochar'. :)
Any person sticking with a gimped char for so long deserves much credit and cant really be blamed for continuing playing the char when they finally get some love. :p

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Exactly where I quoted you.

I read it but don't see your point tbh. Where did i say you should reroll to something else or quit there, like you mention in your reply.

lets the quote

Tuthmes said:

And now your reply

Kagato said:
Oh right I see, so after playing my class for 5 years without any love or improvements I should suddenly quit and reroll to something else because they are finally being recognised? I'm sure you'd do that.

Ok.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Pre heavytank patch you could hardly see an Warrior anywhere and after that they started popping everywhere as 'the new fotm solochar'. :)
Any person sticking with a gimped char for so long deserves much credit and cant really be blamed for continuing playing the char when they finally get some love. :p

Thanks sept!

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
I love my warrior. Been working on it as my first char for 3 years now, so i guess i mastered it preety well.:)

I remember you from my Venom days, any chance you remember me?

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Why not make a different 2-hand spec then Kagato:

36sword
22mend
50parry
38ow (all spells but ablative are yellow, and the dex/qui shear that helps vs as good as any enemy (casting time, evade,block and parry rates as well as dmg stat), shear red buffs as well, just a 5 min timer instead of 1 min reuse timer).

OR
36sword
22mend
38parry (less parry, but still quite decent, especially with moparry3 or 4 and parry mythiran).
50ow (all the goodies).

Change between power mythirian and the greater parry one, and the class might be fun indeed.
No omfg hits with 2-hander with that spec (being a hybrid with low ws etc), but decent damage thanks to the anytime dd proc stlye at 34spec - polar rift, and the behind-spamable rootstyle at 36.
And the utility would be very high, and the survivability would be quite decent with 70+ % to parry, together with the hot and pbae heals, and ablative aura etc etc.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Because im really not that interested in it to be honest, and barely play now at all as it is. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom