Theory on quickness for casters!!!!

• Thread starter old.SadonTheGrey
  • Start date
O

old.SadonTheGrey

I took this from one of the wizard TL reports, I'm quoting Therrik, wizard TL:

Also, the amount of time a caster must wait before they can cast again is based on the SPD of the staff they are using.

Does this mean that with higher quickness and using the fastest staff you can find, interrupts won't be so bad? You would still get interrupted, but for example, if you use a 5.5 speed staff or whatever, if someone hits you then the die, you can't nuke anyone else for like 5 seconds, but if you used the lowest delay staff with highest qui you can get, it would be like 2 seconds or something. I doubt you could become uninterruptable but you could make a damn fine crack at it :)

Its not a lot, but at least it gives -some- use to quickness for casters.

What do you people think? :p

S

Saturnine

Read this
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/867.php

Especially this bit
Q: Does QUI affect spell casting speed, or is that only affected by DEX? Most players think only DEX, but some lvl 50s are confident QUI matters.

A: The programmer in charge of such matters looked, and he looked, and he looked again in multiple places in the code. According to all the data at his disposal, quickness does not affect casting speed for players.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Aww, you peed all over my bonfire.

/slap

S

SoulFly Amarok

HAste buff should lessen interrupt stuff :E

D

Danya

Interrupt timer is 4 seconds regardless of staff speed. That theory was debunked on VN a while ago. :p

O

old.GeForce

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok

yeah, make theurgys unbeatable please :)

S

Sagba

Originally posted by Danyan
Interrupt timer is 4 seconds regardless of staff speed. That theory was debunked on VN a while ago. :p
Just tested this, you are right. Silly Mythic :p

O

old.linnet

If that wasn't the case, then you could opt to take the power hit and not use a staff at all ...

T

tieris

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
#

If that happened, God help anything that wants to take on a theurg 1 on 1 :p

S

Sagba

Q: Will a "+ skill" item have ANY affect when a player already has spec points beyond the level of the spell being used? In other words, if my wizard is specced in only ice at level 32 (32 ice spec), and is casting a level 32 or below spell (which of course is all he would have available), will having a +2 ice ring make ANY difference?

A: This is a little complex, so I'll just quote the programmer and designer who answered the question for me: "Items which boost spec will help casting damage up to the point where the total spec level including bonuses meets the level of the target. This means that a 32nd level Wizard with 32 in Ice will not gain anything from a +2 item when casting on a 32nd level or lower target, but will on anything higher."
So both quickness and +ice are useless for my Wizzie. Even easier to make my SC set :p

D

Danya

Overspeccing boosts damage, despite what that grab bag says. ;)
Quickness is useless though, unfortunately caster items are loaded up with it.

S

Sagba

Originally posted by Danyan
Overspeccing boosts damage, despite what that grab bag says. ;)
True, just tested :p With 50+10 I nuked blue con mob for 488dmg and with 50+8 I nuked for 485dmg.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by tieris
#

If that happened, God help anything that wants to take on a theurg 1 on 1 :p

the time u have to wait after u've been interrupted :E

Users who are viewing this thread