Are Nerocs really pet casters

B

Balbor

Might sound like qa silly question but here's my point

All Pet Caster assists there pet in combat.
They cannot really assist there pet as the spells are cast through it, so the pet is effectifly casting the spell. If it wasn't for there MoC like spell they would be unless(i think that spell was added after testing)

Ditch the pet to save your own skin.
Nope, necros cannot do that, infact if they did it would mean instent death for the Necro.

My idea of a necro would be a kind of cleric like caster, Rej spec would be a kind of anti heal, with a DOT and life drain type spells, Enh spec would be lots o Debuff type spells and there unique like would be a undead summoning and charming spells (summon in the standard and charm in the spec). But that would probably be a bit uber, infact a class like like might even be as overpowered as a DB or any hib class.

S

SoulFly Amarok

They can't do anything without pet, so no they aren't imo :>

S

Saturnine

I wouldn't say pet classes assist their pets rather are assisted themselves by the pet.

Necromancers are the only class that directly assists their pet.

B

bigchief

Originally posted by Saturnine
I wouldn't say pet classes assist their pets rather are assisted themselves by the pet.

Necromancers are the only class that directly assists their pet.

Yeah its definetly we assist it, not it assists us. Was fighting a fg hibs earlier in df, it picked a target for me (added this patch) and then actually ran off after someone else. So im casting the lifetap thinking hes gonna be stood next to me fighting (as my targets next to me) and off it ran after some caster 50 yards away.

Helpful..

B

Balbor

with a sorcerer i pull with str debuff, them aoe str/com debuff and the aoe mezz then repull the first with DEX debuff and set my pet on him, then cast DOT and sit back, then buff next one in line, set pet on, and root any remaining ones. I'd say i assist my pet as i stay out of combat while my pet does all the killing. Having mainly CC and debuffs makes me a support caster right?

Users who are viewing this thread