Games The Secret World

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Really? Ive done most of kingsmouth now and haven't had problems with any yet. lots of people moaning about the raven quest, but its just user error on that one.

Yeah, really. I've had quite a few by now.
It seems most quests can't handle multiple people trying to do them at once..... strange for a MMO.

Some can be 'fixed' by pausing, re-taking a couple of times, but others needs GM intervention.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Just ignore the fucking cash shop

People do ignore the 'fucking' cash shop - but it's the mindset behind it, thinking the game is not only worthy of a higher cost (VAT indeed :eek:) and a cash shop with silly prices for character locked items.
But of course, no doubt Funcom hopes to pull in revenue fast to plug some hole.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Funcom wants to make money, all companies want to make money

While I also think the prices in the character shop is silly, think about the production costs
  • 2D designer to create a concept
  • 3D designer to create the model
  • Testing that the item works
I don't think it's done in a day!
The margins for profit might be slim
Regarding bugged missions, I've had 5-6 missions bugged for me of a total of ~250 completed. Very annoying for sure, but not a complete showstopper

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aye just tried to login and seen it I was like FML!

on a side note Hammer+Fist is working quite well, have a decent amount of aoe damage and pretty high survivability considering I have a perma HoT active pretty much + self heals. Highest hit I've done so far is about 800 ish which isn't bad considering I havent left Kingsmouth yet + my gear is still Q2-3

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Funcom wants to make money, all companies want to make money

While I also think the prices in the character shop is silly, think about the production costs
  • 2D designer to create a concept
  • 3D designer to create the model
  • Testing that the item works
I don't think it's done in a day!
The margins for profit might be slim
Regarding bugged missions, I've had 5-6 missions bugged for me of a total of ~250 completed. Very annoying for sure, but not a complete showstopper

Of course companies want to make money (just as consumers want to save money), but when wanting to make money - comparison with the market prices are important.
You can't just launch a product similar to all the others and expect people to pay more for it. And TSW is similar to all the others.

That's why it looks like they're trying to cash in on launch hype fast before the consumer base wise up. It's the same idea behind lifetime subs.
Get your money fast, now, instead of gambling on long term success.
And that's why it has the 'going to go F2P' aura around it, because it - and not just to me - looks like the company don't have long time faith in the project.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Kicked from a Polaris group because my gear wasn't good enough apprently, seriously the first dungeon and people already have the WoW gear mentality?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Kicked from a Polaris group because my gear wasn't good enough apprently, seriously the first dungeon and people already have the WoW gear mentality?

welcome to mmo's nowadays

crap isnt it. the whole genre has been polluted by it :(

Starman

Part of the furniture
Just purchased my digital copy and am now patching the client.

Which shard are Freddies playing on?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Im on Arcadia, playing dragon faction

Think most are on Arcadia, some of the others are Templar faction i think (the albs of TSW :) )

Aada

Part of the furniture
I admit defeat i just can't get into the game and the clunky combat just annoys me, another mmo on my shelf :D

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Abit harsh, Polaris isn't that hard and most groups should be able to manage it

For the latter dungeons it's understandable
Just purchased my digital copy and am now patching the client.

Which shard are Freddies playing on?
I play on Arcadia. In the end it doesn't matter which Dimension you pick, you can play with anyone

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Doesn't surprise me, seen a few people complaining general because they were kicked for not having blue gear on basically, plain fucking silly if that's how people are.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Dungeons are the places where you get blue gear for the first time (blue drops are very rare), so it makes no sense to exclude people for that :p

Noxydawn

One of Freddy's beloved
Is the game any decent? havnt looked into it that much, been considering trying it.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
welcome to MMO min/max-from-start which is what games are nowadays.. "community" lol :\

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
LOL wtf, just got an e-mail saying my account has been temporarily suspended for verbal harassment, the only thing I can think of is when I told someone to "Bugger off and stop helping me" because they kept following me and trying to tag/nick monsters I was attacking.

Thought it was a wind up at first but I've just tried to login and poof "Account Suspended"

Aada

Part of the furniture
LOL

You sure you didn't tell them to ''fuck off you dirty tagging cunt''?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
No lol, being genuinely serious I said "Can you stop it please" like 3-4 times in a pm and they still kept doing it so I said "Bugger off and stop helping me"

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
lol, winning friends everywhere u go blood ;)

appeal it ? or send in to support asking them to verify which incident it was ? and complain about it if its that ^

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
it's because your on a rp server and didnt say it in character obviously.

if you'd said "excuse me good sir, kindly desist from behaving in a thoroughly caddish manner" you'd have been ok..

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
LOL wtf, just got an e-mail saying my account has been temporarily suspended for verbal harassment, the only thing I can think of is when I told someone to "Bugger off and stop helping me" because they kept following me and trying to tag/nick monsters I was attacking.

Thought it was a wind up at first but I've just tried to login and poof "Account Suspended"

You properly said something that could be construed as negative about the game :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
just talked to someone on live chat and explained word for word what i said... live chat guy goes "I See, one moment please." few minutes later "I've just talked with my lead about it and we are unable to lift the suspension unfortunately." amazing GM support strikes again.

I should have just said stop following me you fucking bastard, at least then i'd have been suspended for an actual reason lol.

Aada

Part of the furniture
How long are you suspended for? 1 day or something?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Same shit in all of these games, if you meet retards just ignore them. They always get so indignated as to "OMG report" you if you come off as unpleasant

Aada

Part of the furniture
Fuck me that's harsh better watch what i say in gen chat from now on :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom