Games The Secret World

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Subscription fee is removed from TSW.

This means that it has a same-ish payment model as GW2. Buy once to play. Optional membership fee (subscription) for xp boost, item shop points and item shop discounts. The main difference from the GW2 model is that future content is purchasable DLC priced at 5$ (players that own the game in december 2012 gets the first DLC free)

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/subscription_no_longer_required

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
stop the press! its rynnor being curmudgeonly, the novelty

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Those that purchased the game then got tired of all the Funcom bullshit and quit will probably take notice. The game is pretty decent

Aada

Part of the furniture
I thought it was a average MMO, the whole there is no holy trinity in the game that the devs put out is a total lie and well i thought it was just meh after about 2 days playing it, cancelled-uninstalled another MMO in the very full box i have of shit MMO's i have played over the years.

Still I'll give them credit for trying the modern era setting and the quests weren't too bad either.

I don't see Funcom around in 5 years though they have had a couple of MMO's now that have probably lost them a lot of money, maybe they should try Anarchy Online 2 and go back to what made them great only without the bugs this time :)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Subscription fee is removed from TSW.

This means that it has a same-ish payment model as GW2. Buy once to play. Optional membership fee (subscription) for xp boost, item shop points and item shop discounts. The main difference from the GW2 model is that future content is purchasable DLC priced at 5$ (players that own the game in december 2012 gets the first DLC free)

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/subscription_no_longer_required

haha funny when thinking back to statements at launch and the fanbois on the forum

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The Secret World? free? BWAHAHHAHA funny I remember Fuckcom saying at lauch "Well its such an awesome game thus its high subs clearly work!" fucking naive cunts, kind of sad how blind they've been about it given how successful Anarchy Online was.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Alot can be said about funcom/failcom/fuckcom or whatever you want to call them. The game is still pretty decent, considering the pricetag it now has aswell

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Alot can be said about funcom/failcom/fuckcom or whatever you want to call them. The game is still pretty decent, considering the pricetag it now has aswell

The price tag now.... yes.
But the arrogance of Funcom at launch with not only higher than average sub but a cash shop on top of it.
Then complaining that reviewers didn't give them the score they deserved because their hardcore 250$ lifetime sub fans thought the game was good, and how more people would buy the game if they did get a higher score ......

The game was just not good enough for what it was supposed to do and what Funcom wanted for playing it.
Had some interesting ideas, an interesting setting (modern world was nice) - but as a game .... average was what best could be said about it.

Now - I might pick up my character again for a bit to get a bit more of the story done/to see the progress they've made ..... but yeah - can't say anything but failcom did bring this upon themselves from day one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom