TV The random TV thread!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Luckily i don't watch the wire 'cause that spoiler would've been rather major :p

rynnor

Rockhound
Thing with Dr Who, aren't they sort of stepping on things that shouldn't be touched? such as his name and stuff (haven't actually watched it yet..)

It's a bit of a mess this series - to the point that I'm expecting David Tennant to walk out of the shower in the next series saying 'that was a weird dream!'...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's a bit of a mess this series - to the point that I'm expecting David Tennant to walk out of the shower in the next series saying 'that was a weird dream!'...

Stephen Moffat has been a bit of a disaster tbh; he's great at writing individual episodes but he kind of sucks as a show runner. He suffers from J.J.Abrams hand-wavium-bullshit-Deus ex Machina disease.

rynnor

Rockhound
Stephen Moffat has been a bit of a disaster tbh; he's great at writing individual episodes but he kind of sucks as a show runner. He suffers from J.J.Abrams hand-wavium-bullshit-Deus ex Machina disease.

The current doctor has become almost a parody of the character taken to an extreme of fixing things with a wave of his sonic screwdriver (the worlds laziest plotline solution to any peril) - all character driven and very little plot to speak of.

And my kids don't like it anymore...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Masterchef Australia, all this week with Heston :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
She MUST have meant me, no? ;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Bedlam was a good series if you mean the one on c4 about the institution

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
My GF's sister was in that... she's one of the Nurses at the hospital. Really, really don't envy her job!

sayward

Resident Freddy
No not the real thing! An old series with Will Young. Also been watching The Witches of East End. I know I have too much time on my hands.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I just watched a documentary called "The House I Live In" which was all about America and the war on drugs. It is an eye opener it shows how the war is ramped up on certain drugs based on race rather than the dangers of the actual drugs. It also show how unjust sentencing is in the states. With the 3 strikes rule you can get arrested twice for taking drugs then get life without the possibility of parole for trafficking if you are caught with 3 or more ounces. And the fact that 90% of the people in prison for non violent crack cocaine crimes are black despite the fact that whites user more crack.

sayward

Resident Freddy
I've just started watching The Following but I've not seen series 1. Seems good. Should I stick with it or have I missed too much.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
watching the pilot of From Dusk till Dawn, was kinda of funny to see Don Johnson in it :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I heard it is basically the film stretched out into episodes.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Ok so I finally got into House Of Cards on Wednesday. I'm on S02E02 already :( I can't stop. I'm going to watch another epsiode now.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
How I Met Your Mother - season and series finale.

That's certainly a way to end it.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'd go as far as saying that you should skip Ashes to Ashes entirely. Life on Mars was brilliant though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom