TV The random TV thread!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Because of all the rain have watched the first two series of The Sopranos. Very good. Not at all what I expected.

Haven't enjoyed Life on Mars as much as Ashes to Ashes. LoM is much darker.
Got through The Sopranos a while back myself, it just gets better as it goes along.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Finally started Penny Dreadful. True Blood seems better this series.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Watching Grimm pretty good so far only couple episodes in tho. Gotta have something to watch on a rainy bank holiday :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Walking Dead (kinda spin off) has been giving the nod by the looks of it.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Watched the Gotham preview episode, looks good. Looking forward to watching it with my son.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Finally started Penny Dreadful.

Missus made me watch that. We got 2 episodes in before deleting that godawful shite off my hard drive. It was just awful tripe...

I really wanted to watch a TV series with Timothy Dalton too :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
May not be everyones cup of tea, but it's certainly not awful.

May have some appeal amongs the still-religious, people who give zero fucks for reason and those who don't mind TV being unnecesarily contrived in a cheesy shlock "shock"-factor manner.

It was about as unnerving as porridge.

IMO, of course ;)

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Just finished with the first two seasons Of The Killing on Netflix. Its a bloody slow burner thats for sure, two seasons for one story arc. Some good plot twists and they hide the killer pretty well. Not sure if they developed the charecters like it on purpose but I found the main cop Sarah Linden to be pretty boring and stiff. Anyone watched the Norwegian version of it and how does it compare ?

sayward

Resident Freddy
Missus made me watch that. We got 2 episodes in before deleting that godawful shite off my hard drive. It was just awful tripe...

I really wanted to watch a TV series with Timothy Dalton too :(
We ploughed on to the bitter end. They should've called it Truly Dreadful!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Watching "The Last Ship" its ok, post apocalyptic stuff but the characters really annoy me.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ergh, I know it's an American show and it features the US Navy but I got so sick of the "USA! USA!" bullshit. I nearly threw up when one of them asked for "permission to salute the captain" (it may have been "permission to salute the XO from Chuck") at the end of one of the first episodes.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Do they actually run out of ammo for the ship. Or do they like have infinite ammo hack?
They do not use enough for it to have been a problem. But they do show they are aware of resources and have run out of some of them at least temporarily.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The captain just angers me, always buggering off on missions - there is no way on earth the captain of the ship would go on combat missions. I only watched it because it had Adam Baldwin in.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Watching Season 1 of Heroes again.

What an awesome show that was...still has me keen to watch the next episode when one ends.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Anyone seen 'Turn'?

Just watched the first episode, was OK, it's the American War of Independence, about spies and stuff.

Quite 'The Patriot' over characters though.. :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Gotham starts tomorrow. Supposedly based around Gordon.

Not sure.

Have finished all of Archer and BoJack Horseman (Loved them both)

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Hell on Wheels has picked up really good, very nice plot twists and shocking turns of events.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Have at last watched the episode in 6 feet Under where Nate died. Missed it the first time,

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Watched series 2 of revolution. I was surprised it got a 2nd series the first one was so bad. But it actually improved into something good. Canned now though.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Watched series 2 of revolution. I was surprised it got a 2nd series the first one was so bad. But it actually improved into something good. Canned now though.

Yeah it was a fun little show with a cool fallout'esque feel to it, it wasn't that great though so i'm not surprised it got canned in these days.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It was watchable, they ruined it with the AI stuff though, completely unwatchable once the stayed into the realms of the matrix.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It was watchable, they ruined it with the AI stuff though, completely unwatchable once the stayed into the realms of the matrix.
I gave up mid second season, because it just seemed to go no where and wasn't there stupid amount of episodes per season?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom