TV The random TV thread!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'd go as far as saying that you should skip Ashes to Ashes entirely. Life on Mars was brilliant though.

First season of Ashes to Ashes was alright, but it all fell apart in the end.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
leggy said:
I'd go as far as saying that you should skip Ashes to Ashes entirely. Life on Mars was brilliant though.

I agree with this completely..., loved loved loved life on Mars

Yoni

Yum lost girl S4 and warehouse 13 S5.... Can't wait!

leggy

Probably Scottish
I toyed with the idea of watching Warehouse 13 but it looked so cheesey. I kind of liked the first couple of seasons of Eureka but there were a lot of fillers. (those shows are linked or something right?)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I toyed with the idea of watching Warehouse 13 but it looked so cheesey. I kind of liked the first couple of seasons of Eureka but there were a lot of fillers. (those shows are linked or something right?)
Think there were some cross overs rather than full links. If I remember that was at a time when SyFy were toying around with linking all their shows into a collective universe.

Yoni

leggy said:
They are linked. They were both a little cheesey but appealed to my sense of humor ;/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Shame that the whole syfy eurekaverse is falling apart, it had great potential.

On another note; interesting to see if the supernatural bloodlines spinoff takes off.

sayward

Resident Freddy
I quite liked Prey.

And I understood nearly every word on Jamaica Inn.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
The bloodlines episode in Supernatural was dull, another filler episode unfortunately.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The power of adverts amazes me at times. I watched the first season of Vikings and I thought it was OK. So S2 has passed me by. Until I just saw the advert on Discovery. It has that Everybody Wants to Rule the world but Lorde as the backing track and it has actually made me believe I need to watch that show now. I cant find the 30 sec advert on YouTube just some 2 minute fan made pish.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Just saw the first two episodes of 24 (shown back to back here in the US). It's keeping the style of 24 so if you liked the previous seasons, you'll probably like this one too.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
RE: From Dusk Till Dawn - TV Series

I heard it is basically the film stretched out into episodes.

So watched up to Ep 7, have to say you could totally miss out on Ep 1-5. Ep 7 "Pandemonium" is defo worth the watch if for nothing else then just for the queen snake biatch dance at the Titty Twister! Eiza Gonzalez is bloody gorgeous!

eiza-big.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
As long as it isn't semi-glee like Smallville I think it will be watchable, will certainly watch it and see.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Constantine trailer is out...aaand...blocked outside the US. There's a working link here. Trailer looks pretty good; his accent is all over the place (like anywhere north of Watford except Liverpool), but hey, better than Keanu's.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No, it started off about Gordon, and a very young Bruce. It then turned into teen crap when they suddenly had young versions of all the villains.

Only one i have an issue with would be joker/catwoman. Those are kind of lore breaking if they are acting as young versions. Otherwise it would only make sense if the riddler(for example) is younger.

Well, depending ofcourse on which timeline etc they are basing this on. Joker could've easily been around already.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Watching battlestar galactica at the moment, never watched the new(ish) lot.

Does it get less predictable later on?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Constantine trailer is out...aaand...blocked outside the US. There's a working link here. Trailer looks pretty good; his accent is all over the place (like anywhere north of Watford except Liverpool), but hey, better than Keanu's.
Looks good, been waiting for this. It's truer to the original stories than the film. Although I did like the film quite a lot too tbh

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Watching battlestar galactica at the moment, never watched the new(ish) lot.

Does it get less predictable later on?

Edit, its all a bit Dad's army in space isn't it?

sayward

Resident Freddy
I've been catching up on the first series of Hannibal. I really like it. ( something tells me I am watching too much t.v.)

Yoni

Watched s1 of elementary and was already to slag it off as I love Sherlock, however I found myself loving this too...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Watched s1 of elementary and was already to slag it off as I love Sherlock, however I found myself loving this too...

I'm not a "fan" per say of originalm werther...sherlock. I like the thinking and ideas behind sherlock, but i'm not inclined to read up and watch old stuff(like with doctor who for example). that being said and thus my opinion being invalid, i'd like to say;

I like to watch elementary not as a sherlock reboot or some such, but just a crimeshow with familiar names. It's quite good and has that same wibe i like in other sherlock stuff.

If you get over the "rape of a classic" and all, which means bugger all really :p

Yoni

old.Tohtori said:
I'm not a "fan" per say of originalm werther...sherlock. I like the thinking and ideas behind sherlock, but i'm not inclined to read up and watch old stuff(like with doctor who for example). that being said and thus my opinion being invalid, i'd like to say; I like to watch elementary not as a sherlock reboot or some such, but just a crimeshow with familiar names. It's quite good and has that same wibe i like in other sherlock stuff. If you get over the "rape of a classic" and all, which means bugger all really :p

The new Sherlock I mean not the original

sayward

Resident Freddy
Because of all the rain have watched the first two series of The Sopranos. Very good. Not at all what I expected.

Haven't enjoyed Life on Mars as much as Ashes to Ashes. LoM is much darker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom