the perfect thread of the perfect night...

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
aaahhhh all the old GoL and amg/bridge camping people talking about 8vs8?!?!?!

I should read FH more! :(
Its a quality thread, 5 stars imo! :D

Bunn

Banned
hahahahaha omg at this thread lol

the exact same people who a few months are go where saying jajja its irvr meight are now complaining about adds in an irvr zone. you should expect it to be a free for all there and if you are there lets face it you are there to farm rps

what staj is trying to say is that we in the fg scene used to have to arrange our fights away from people as to not get distubed and not bother anyone else ........ now he has come back to this server, there is no fg scene for him as there are no players on this server he wants to group with, so he joins the free for all and finds challenge in surviving and killing as many as possible. fgs of old were always pushed out into there own areas, by many of the people whining here now..... roam the irvr area but expect adds, if you want to meet away from the zerg for a guarenteed fg v fg fight when both teams will be ready then use #agramon.rvr

if some random wizard went adding on fights in irvr you will have expected it, cept its staj and he gets 4 threads lol

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

the exact same people who a few months are go where saying jajja its irvr meight are now complaining about adds in an irvr zone. you should expect it to be a free for all there and if you are there lets face it you are there to farm rps

what staj is trying to say is that we in the fg scene used to have to arrange our fights away from people as to not get distubed and not bother anyone else ........ now he has come back to this server, there is no fg scene for him as there are no players on this server he wants to group with, so he joins the free for all and finds challenge in surviving and killing as many as possible. fgs of old were always pushed out into there own areas, by many of the people whining here now..... roam the irvr area but expect adds, if you want to meet away from the zerg for a guarenteed fg v fg fight when both teams will be ready then use #agramon.rvr

if some random wizard went adding on fights in irvr you will have expected it, cept its staj and he gets 4 threads lol

Hi Brite/Vinters (same category of perma banned FH noob creating new accounts).

Leel

Fledgling Freddie

Well, not everyone uses irc, and in TC as can be read in some other thread, only Perly/Caeli does, and he doesn't take a clue apparently. And I think Staj created most of the threads himself anyway. If you want to play like you suggest, go play wow or something where they now have arenas for that type of fight. I would agree with you if it was two years ago though, but we all know most fg's would rather go zerg farming then as the zergs were more plentiful. Wouldn't excactly call it challenging sniping out support of an engaged fg with rr12 caster anyway. There's a very old term for that, called adding/leeching. Horner wannabe.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Heh great thread, both sides have a point though

Few facts first, I dont agree with adding anywhere if it's a clean fg fight, however it's much much easier if there's an agreed zone where 8vs8 happens and everywhere else it's free-for-all, like on Avalon. Staj might have acted stupidly, I dont know and tbh I dont care but I kinda get the feeling he was just playing care-free mode and killing stuff in irvr.

But damn does it make me smile to see you now-turned-fg players whining like mad when Staj does something for 1? night that you used to do for months or even years and after playing the other way for 1 month you have totally forgotten your past?

Personally I dont give a fuck what you did back in the day, everyone deserves a fair chance but where were you 1 year ago? Yeah, adding like mad, running with several FG's in the agreed fg zone etc. etc.

I wish everyone stopped being such morons and just got along, and especially realize that if you dont have a fg to join, people can still go to the irvr/zerg area and kill stuff and still be a fg player. There's a huge difference imo between adding at villa in HW and intentionally running an add-grp in Agra for example.

I think the feelings and hate? that has accumulated during the years between the different players really ruins it for everyone, just stop being idiots and it would be much much better for everyone.

Personally I'm even willing to believe Manisch and Brackus and whoever deserve to not get added in their fg fights, it doesnt matter if I like them or not.

Also Manisch I dont think you're in a position to call anyone else wannabe's or making stupid leetist comments anymore :)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
To Staj, notorious former 8vs8 player or not.

If you believe in clean fights and not adding, but decide that if the places these fights take place doesn't suit you and thus you're allowed to add then in my eyes you've lost all kind of respect.

Saying xxx added some time in 2003 or in general is a bad player also justifies you adding is also in my opinion wrong, all that makes you is a hypocrit.

If you believe in not adding or the clean 8vs8 fg fights be consequent, of course there's personal exceptions but saying half of HW is a legitimate adding zone makes me question how much you really believe in fg vs fg fights, regardless of how good or bad you were at them.

If Dyvet doesn't suit you, and in general is filled with adding skillles players then perhaps kindly go back to avalon and stay there.

think you missed the point

Corran

Part of the furniture
no need, its only me that is back... thanks for the warm welcome.

Anytime hunny! :p This thread has got entertaining

Ok. Call me slow or whatever, but... you're actually acussing a member of one of the best groups in daoc of being rp hungry? Talk about irony. Even about trying to equate staj with horner is showing that your perception is close so close to the moronic state that it's scary.

Obviously now everyone's 8v8 expert and wants clean fights, however you all roam around the i-rvr area.

Right...

The way he been playing makes that a fair assessment for alot of people, being that if it was for fair fights only he wouldnt go to the Irvr zone and add on 8v8 fights even if they in an area he doesnt agree with. He wouldnt go to a bridge and stand on it farming a load of randoms. That said, if that all the action he can get then fair play, but at least say so. Trying to force people to fight where you want them too is never going to be a good policy. From the impression i get, in recent weeks the FG scene seems to have worked out a new policy on where to fight since the top groups left, it different from old times. If Staj doesnt like it then he shouldnt try to change it just for him, he should just accept it and fight in their areas, like others accepted the rules of old.

This said, Staj has an arguement here. Most will not agree it but because of his mindset it is understandable. They used to get added on alot, they left. The server changed and those adders finally changed their play method. When staj returns he sees a chance to do what they done to him, and so he takes the opportunity and ruins their fights where ever they are, unfortunately he tries to bring some excuse into it though(Staj if you left out the excuse then I wouldnt mind, just the hypocrisy that is annoying :p).

Cant remember where i was going now, still half asleep so i just drive to work instead. However I just say in the time I been on I not seen any reason to stay in game. Trying to find a roaming group is near impossible and dont really recognise anyone anymore. The couple times i tried to solo on unbuffed theurg and tic I zerged by fg's including staj, so if everyone trying to get back to the game faces this then i doubt they will renew. Still, wont be on for couple more days for the football, perhaps i play abit towards teh end of these 8 days. But i now think i struggle to log in for 10 minutes compared to 4+hours as seems to be little to keep me here.

id say no groups have mercy or respect for soloers nowdays.. who ever they are

I left you and even waved and danced :) Old habits die hard. But then i ran into Stajs group and got nuked to shit, which hurt when unbuffed :p

Chance

Loyal Freddie
Well, not everyone uses irc, and in TC as can be read in some other thread, only Perly/Caeli does, and he doesn't take a clue apparently. And I think Staj created most of the threads himself anyway. If you want to play like you suggest, go play wow or something where they now have arenas for that type of fight. I would agree with you if it was two years ago though, but we all know most fg's would rather go zerg farming then as the zergs were more plentiful. Wouldn't excactly call it challenging sniping out support of an engaged fg with rr12 caster anyway. There's a very old term for that, called adding/leeching. Horner wannabe.
Well tbh more ppl should use IRC #agramon.rvr so thouse who wanted to play fg vs fg knew who was willing to play along :) and tbh we ran like a pug on sunday i think it was and there was some set / semi set grps out (TC, AE-pug?, Golden Ages, Prodicals grp, some blueish alb grp and marsh horde? and 1 or 2 more)

So thouse grps are up for fg rvr they should try to get on IRC or roam the Eras side of the waters when Irvr in berk cause its impossible to fight a clean fight around berk (only saw prodicals grp roamming the eras side of the water). Theres still potential of nice fg rvr maybe not as much as there has been, but if new grps even thou its only known zergers in the grp then it would still be nice to get "fixed" zone not saying it should be agramon but a place where ppl know theres fg fights... and again IRC is nice for arengeing thouse kinds of things

Lethul

FH is my second home
Saying xxx added some time in 2003 or in general is a bad player also justifies you adding is also in my opinion wrong, all that makes you is a hypocrit.

I dont think it has anything to do with "xxx added sometime in 2003", but more for example (eventho i like the guy i despise his playstyle!) "Gingy added from 2000(whenever was daoc released) until 5-6 weeks ago, why should i respect his sudden love for fg fights when he shit all over me and all other fg people for so many years?"

Pretty much everyone who is FG active now (with the exception of bondoila grp) have been zerging and ruining FG fights on purpose for many years. Some of them have gotten ph.d in bridge camping while others have had quiet opted FGs for adding only. Of course he will have a grudge against you, i think 95% of the "real" FG community will.

And who the fuck are you to preach about playstyle? Shouldnt you run around with warden/bainshee duo in a solo zone and add/zerg/shear ?

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
I make my own exceptions.. for those lost souls I do not belive will be restored from the years of zerging and adding, I care not.

Ah!ah! Behold the Spanish Inquisition!

AHAHAHAHAH......AHHhahahahah.....ahhhh....ahahah
<5 mins later>
AHAHAHAHAHahahah....ahhhhh

Tell me this is a fecking joke
Staj become the number 1 clueless after just 3 months in german server?:eek7:

Im gonna turn away from this post cause im still laughing my ass off and im at work:p

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
@Staj - it's a little bit lame adding on obviously full group fights no matter what the area in the current climate - well it is if you're or have been a fg player yourself and understand the frustration it causes.

@Everyone having a go at Staj - However, remember the overall rule that has worked for the community - if you are in the zerg areas, expect to get added on, and dont complain about it. If you want a much better chance of uninterupted fg fights, get on the agramon.rvr channel, and say you'll be patrolling the full group areas.

It really is good to see that some of the people who liked the zerg play (nowt wrong with that I hasten to add!) are trying the full group stuff and finding how much fun it can be, but also how frustrating it is to have a fair full group fight added on, even if it means your opponents are the ones getting butt fucked.

Great thread by the way, real old style FH stuff. There is life in the old dog yet.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Well tbh more ppl should use IRC #agramon.rvr so thouse who wanted to play fg vs fg knew who was willing to play along :) and tbh we ran like a pug on sunday i think it was and there was some set / semi set grps out (TC, AE-pug?, Golden Ages, Prodicals grp, some blueish alb grp and marsh horde? and 1 or 2 more)

So thouse grps are up for fg rvr they should try to get on IRC or roam the Eras side of the waters when Irvr in berk cause its impossible to fight a clean fight around berk (only saw prodicals grp roamming the eras side of the water). Theres still potential of nice fg rvr maybe not as much as there has been, but if new grps even thou its only known zergers in the grp then it would still be nice to get "fixed" zone not saying it should be agramon but a place where ppl know theres fg fights... and again IRC is nice for arengeing thouse kinds of things

Aye exactly.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
@Staj - it's a little bit lame adding on obviously full group fights no matter what the area in the current climate - well it is if you're or have been a fg player yourself and understand the frustration it causes.

@Everyone having a go at Staj - However, remember the overall rule that has worked for the community - if you are in the zerg areas, expect to get added on, and dont complain about it. If you want a much better chance of uninterupted fg fights, get on the agramon.rvr channel, and say you'll be patrolling the full group areas.

It really is good to see that some of the people who liked the zerg play (nowt wrong with that I hasten to add!) are trying the full group stuff and finding how much fun it can be, but also how frustrating it is to have a fair full group fight added on, even if it means your opponents are the ones getting butt fucked.

Great thread by the way, real old style FH stuff. There is life in the old dog yet.

well put

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
There you go again, your punishing those who in your eyes deserve it???

I understand the basic concept of what your striving to achieve, but doing it by FORCE is not the way to realise your goal. You will piss off more people than you convince. FUther more you attacking the people who CAN raise a competitive FG and. This is very unlikely to have the desired effect you want, more than liekely they will just look for you to add and kill you on sight.

He kinda reminds me of TT trying to enforce RR policy by downgrading Renaris to lvl1 :p
Good idea.....bad action :)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
To Staj, notorious former 8vs8 player or not.

If you believe in clean fights and not adding, but decide that if the places these fights take place doesn't suit you and thus you're allowed to add then in my eyes you've lost all kind of respect.

If Dyvet doesn't suit you, and in general is filled with adding skillles players then perhaps kindly go back to avalon and stay there.

Wow... for the 1rst time i agree with you! :)

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
well ofcourse it will have a negative impact, and it will be both on myself (the greater part) and for the others actully deserving it..

i guess I deserve it to, but someones gotta make a stand no? not trying to sound to jesus out of myself.

/wave me and aim got you near villa

dont think we will win the 1p offered for killing you the most times in 1 night :)

1 staj kill only :) (good rps though)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Well after playing both cluster and german servers, i think the setup on german servers is by far far better, but i dont think it can be done on uk cluster due to low numbers. and as far as the old rvr guilds on uk cluster not respecting other fgs in the irvr zone. well staj i think ur a bit coulored after playing avalon. cause that was simply not the case on uk cluster. if u added on a fg fight in irvr u got wajned at nothing u can say about it, then again most rvr guilds avoided the adding except RR with the excuse of some1 beeing close to dinging 24/7.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Ofc, he is Staj! He is LEGEND!

then again, Hitler is a legend aswell.

i know a LEGEND his name was Sleezer :M but now he dont play anymore :<

the friendly liddul ns that i meet at freeshards :<

COME BACK U NOOB!

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Mentally, its mapped out like this for me that:

1) Expect all the randoms to add freely in the irvr places, and camp spots (bridges, towers etc). In fact anywhere cept what are recognised as the full group zones by the majority. If you get added on here, you'll find things a lot less frustrating if you just shrug your collective group shoulders, accept it and just get on with it. Youve decided to farm some rp's in those areas, if the zergs, small groups and soloers get the best of you now and again then so be it - at least it keeps them coming out!

2) Don't bother whining at them people who add in fg zone, most fg players would do the same if they were running solo unless it was a group fighting they recognised and respected. So personally, if I saw TT, or Maelstrom/Groove fighting when I was solo i'd leave them to it. This isnt a selfless act - it stops any bad blood between me as a solo and them as a fg spilling over into the fg I play in and their fg.

3) All is fair game during relic and keep sieges.

4) Full groups against which ive fought, and have a respect for get cut a hell of a lot of slack, and even in the above situations they will get left alone if they are in a fg fight and even if they are fighting a zerg - but that is purely a moral decision on the part of the individual gg, and many, especially new ones with pugs wont recognise enemy groups, and wont themselves be recognised.

5) Even in the zerg zone, infact anywhere, only soloers who people in our fg have had bad experiences with are killed (barring the odd accidents). Unknowns and soloers of good reputation are left. This again is purely a moral decision, and many fg's wont follow it, thats up to them. We did it because a lot of us have run solo and know how frustrating it is to get run over.

6) Accidents happen, grudges arn't held unless they happen repeatedly. And then, never forget that if you add on a fight, you are adding on 2 groups, not just one!

7) Only fair whine is against a fg that adds on a fg fight in the fg zone. Soloers and small groups that add here may get politely asked to please not ruin our 8v8 fights. No point been abusive to them, as they would never do what you request if you start slagging each other off. At all times think about what you want to achieve and how best to achieve it. Just having a go at people will never get the result you want.

8) Forget about past personal vendettas, if a full group wants to make a go of it, don't piss on them just because they happen to have a couple of people in you dont like - a full group should be judged seperately from the individuals that make it up.

9) On the whole I avoid childish emoting, all it does is generate bad blood and increase likelyhood of truces being forgotten. There is a lot more satisfaction in taking the high ground and just ignoring the corpse of that enemey who rude spammed you 3 times last time they actually won a fight.

Thats me anyhow. Its how I played in NFD GG1 (and will continue to do so on pug invites), and once I stopped getting frustrated about getting added on in the zerg zones then I was a lot less stressed, the only occasional whine i'd make in that case was if a group we 'got on' with fucked us over - i'd have a whinette on irc.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Its funny how the current groups out there are such hypocrits, "hell yeah we are out for fg fights" stil they train down every single soloer there is in the area..

Generally a lot of groups prolly dont care or check the names of soloers... even the "fg" groups.

I havent soloed much, but the times I tried I got ganked by every fg anyway... Except Septinas pug <3 Even my guild/group "m8s" from other realm such as noaim etc just killed me everytime anyway.

Either they hate me but always grouped with me because I just r0x so much (HEHEH), or they just didnt check the name... who knows!

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Well i aggree 100% with what crom wrote, and i think most of the people playing the game share this rules.

About stajj, well i think he just did some flamebaiting and looks like it worked pretty well!

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Excellent post Crom and its pretty much spot on how TC play and have played since last summer when I joined them and we rebuilt the group. The one big difference we have seen between Dvyet and Limors is that the german cluster is easily able to sustain different zones for different play styles but Dyvet simply isnt atm.

Take last night for example we (TC) ran ALL over HW and found a lot of fights - 8v8, 8vmany etc and won most of them. Now if we take Staj's opinions on board and only roam on a certain part of the zone or across the river etc then we could be roaming there and only get a fight once every 30 mins but by roaming all around the zone we accept we will get adds or fights vs 2fg on stick and thats acceptable if somewhat irritating at times. Given a choice ALL of TC would prefer to play for 8v8 rather than play for rp's BUT and its a big but we play for FUN which is more important than BOTH 8v8 OR rp's. Its no fun roaming a certain zone with a fight every 30 mins so we roam in the more populated areas but still got a lot of straight up 8v8's anyway. Atm on Dyvet its a case of get what you can where and when you can in regards to FG fights. I'd love to see lots of groups of all kinds signing up in the Agramon channel but they simply don't for whatever reason.

Finally this "ALL FG's roll over soloer's" is just rubbish. Some set groups and also PUG's may do but there are also some FG's that don't do it. We rarely run with our opted 8 ppl so theres usually a stand in or 2 and sometimes 4 but even then we still don't roll over a solo'er or 2 ppl fighting. Usually its a /wave or /hug unless someone attacks us eg. a Sorc decides to ae mess then ofc we will kill him due to his stupidity lol. There are the occasional exceptions "Hi Horner ;)" but its been one of our rules we make sure everyone in grp sticks to and make sure our replacements know it too.

Bunn

Banned
running irvr and then arranging a time for a quick 8v8 accross the river and then back to irvr is so hard now isnt it?

all this whine because you cant deal with one caster add.....lol

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
all this whine because you cant deal with one caster add.....lol

As usual Brite you miss the point :wanker:

Sunday night Staj was roaming around WATCHING fights and didnt add on any of the few fights he watched us in then Monday he does the same watching but also randomly (it seems) starts nuking away on either side.

As is our usual stance of not adding on solo ppl we left him alone thinking he would do the same as Sunday.

An expected add you can easily deal with but one thats been watching and you have left alone then at some point starts nuking on a specific target can easily bugger up the fight.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
As usual Brite you miss the point :wanker:

Sunday night Staj was roaming around WATCHING fights and didnt add on any of the few fights he watched us in then Monday he does the same watching but also randomly (it seems) starts nuking away on either side.

As is our usual stance of not adding on solo ppl we left him alone thinking he would do the same as Sunday.

An expected add you can easily deal with but one thats been watching and you have left alone then at some point starts nuking on a specific target can easily bugger up the fight.

its funny although, if my memory dosent serve me wrong, you actully jumped hibs who had just fought some alb fg, (which I watched), then another hib group added in, so I tought wth, they kinda jumped that group finishin of the alb group. I could mix the fights up..

but as stated before, pillars and across river, south of the southern berk tower you are free.. I might run there to check out fights, nothing more nothing less

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
then Monday he does the same watching but also randomly (it seems) starts nuking away on either side.

That wasn't randomly nuking, it was mastery-of-the-art-sun-tzu-stun-debuff nuke-nuking with ben-johnson-kiting followed by some increasement in his ego.

Takes the skill to nuke the crap out of 2 Clerics from a group that didn't touch him the same night before that has FG fights and make several threads about how set groups should roam somewhere else and leave solo'ers alone and when he gets told that exactly this has been done he and his cocksucking mates come up with excuses like "but you zerged in the past mate!".

Takes the skill to play a RR12 Chanter and bitch about a right to solo and not to be added on. For me it's the same category as a Ml9'ed Sorc or Whorelock or BD or Mauler that whines about how he should get fair fights. Also what's the whine about being added on when he clearly ran a few times to the Beno bridge with 2-3 FGs of Hibs around him?

I might come off as an asshole here sometimes or even often, but atleast I am somehow still wired correctly in my head.

Am done with his 3-4+ threads now, see you guys in game, he can keep living in his dream world.

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
stated before, pillars and across river, south of the southern berk tower you are free.. I might run there to check out fights, nothing more nothing less

unless ofc you harbour some imaginative vendetta from years ago which may or may not have happened, in which case you will still add, agreed?

or if you simply dont like one of the grps members.......

wrap it up anyways you want staj, its still bullshit and you got youre attention seeking posts but now instead of having most peoples (including my own) respect youre just an attention seeking double standard w*nker who changes his opinion on how we should all play the game dependant on your mood.

you criticise people for past playstyles yet youre guilty of them all at some point and you know it :)

Bunn

Banned
manisch, cynith, bluesky, kinetix, gingy, nadiah and all these other infamous zergers whining about adding xD

people coming back for 8 days will think somthing is wrong!

Dard

Part of the furniture
manisch, cynith, bluesky, kinetix, gingy, nadiah and all these other infamous zergers whining about adding xD

people coming back for 8 days will think somthing is wrong!

/clap

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom