Politics The next US President will be...

The next US President will be:

• I want Obama to win; Obama will win

Votes: 37 61.7%
  • I want Romney to win; Romney will win

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I want Obama to win; Romney will win

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • I want Romney to win; Obama will win

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Don't know, don't care.

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I wouldn't be entirely comfortable giving the nuclear keys to a man who's a cross between Gordon Gecko, Gordon the Gopher, Tom Cruise, Swiss Tony, and the back-end of the pantomime horse from Rentaghost.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I wouldn't find a country run by screaming mad Christians the least bit exciting :)

Mormons aren't Christians. They claim they are, but they're not. They're the mad cherry on top of the dysfunctional Christian cake. They also seriously discussed seceding from the Union back in the day; so they're not even good Americans.

Everz

FH is my second home
Mormons aren't Christians. They claim they are, but they're not. They're the mad cherry on top of the dysfunctional Christian cake. They also seriously discussed seceding from the Union back in the day; so they're not even good Americans.

But he's white.

Which I'm guessing is why a fair few Americans are raging.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
After all that fuss the voting was sooooo close this election he basically destroyed Romney. Bored now, move along .... :D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
After all that fuss the voting was sooooo close this election he basically destroyed Romney. Bored now, move along .... :D

good win on the electoral college, but only a 2% margin of the popular vote :p

Chilly

Balls of steel
Popular vote doesnt have much to do with it, really. You can win that and lose the election, just like here. Good old first past the post bullshit. At least it tends toward more stable government and fewer volatile coalitions.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Not only did Obama win, Maine voters approved gay marriage, Colorado and Washington voters approved legalisation of cannabis, and Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock (who expressed absurd views on rape and don't understand human biology) both lost.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

It was never close, look at the % tracker on 538, obama was > 80% before the first debate, also usually the date when a lot of the fucktards start paying attention to the election.
After that it climbed back up and exceeded it in the last week or so.

The closest romney got was 40% between the 1st and 2nd debates.
The media was hyping it up as too close to call so you'd pay attention and watch their shitty coverage.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Not only did Obama win, Maine voters approved gay marriage, Colorado and Washington voters approved legalisation of cannabis, and Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock (who expressed absurd views on rape and don't understand human biology) both lost.

that ^

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The media was hyping it up as too close to call so you'd pay attention and watch their shitty coverage.

The Beeb doing a lot of that last night. Cherry picking things that made it look like Romney was strong when it was clear he was weak. Poor.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
And Tammy Baldwin becomes the first gay senator for Wisconsin

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

But really it doesn't mean anything, no more then the cherry picking done by media ;)

rynnor

Rockhound
They should have saved the money and just selected the new president by a coin toss - whatever they say beforehand all US presidents are basically the same in office.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They should have saved the money and just selected the new president by a coin toss - whatever they say beforehand all US presidents are basically the same in office.

Ordinarily I would agree, but Romney is proper mental and so are his advisers.

rynnor

Rockhound
Ordinarily I would agree, but Romney is proper mental and so are his advisers.

You say that but they all get reined in by the system - lots of rich backers are required to compete for president and they don't like change.

Edit - its quite funny that the americans think they live in a democracy :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yes, when people actually contribute to the discussion and not try to troll a thread with a point that doesn't even make sense :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Stop being a silly troll.

It's not a troll, what you said might sound nice and all, but it's also the same kind of media cherry picking that doesn't mean much in the grand scale.

One state agree with gay marriage, two agree legalisation of marijuana. Now remind me how many states there were?

If it didn't make sense, how did you figure it's a troll? (y)

opticle

Part of the furniture
There is a fantastic image from one of the George Bush elections, I think against Gore, which showed the relative proportion of funding for their respective election campaigns and the sources with circles/spider diagram lines - it was frightening.

I can't find that image :( Props to anyone who knows what I'm talking about or finds it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
One voting does not progression make. See you in 4 years and you might have a case.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
What are you talking about? It's progression from 4 years ago. So I do have a case in your logic?

Fucking hell :D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You say that but they all get reined in by the system - lots of rich backers are required to compete for president and they don't like change.

Edit - its quite funny that the americans think they live in a democracy :)

Problem is when "the system" gets positive reinforcement of its worst instincts; as it did under Bush, and you end up with a war being started for the benefit of Halliburton. That's was the risk with Romney; there are a worrying number of loonies in the military who want to go toe-to-toe with Iran, and an awful lot of defence contractors looking at reduced order books and could do with a bit of a shooting war to give them a lift (never mind that the rest of the economy goes down the crapper to pay for it).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What are you talking about? It's progression from 4 years ago. So I do have a case in your logic?

Fucking hell :D

It's just not news that maine supports it. It's actually suprising that there's only one state supporting it. It's not even progress.

"When asked about the legal status, a July 2008 poll by Quinnipiac University Polling Institute revealed that 32% of respondents would allow homosexual partners to legally marry, 33% would permit them to form civil unions, and 29% would grant them no legal recognition.[34][36] A December 2008 poll revealed that 32% of respondents support the concept of civil unions, 31% would offer full marriage rights to same-sex couples, and 30% oppose any legal recognition for gay and lesbian partnerships.[37]"

And same sex marriage has been legal in maine since 2009. As i said, it's just cherry picking and making it sound like it's somewhat revolutionary when it's not. Now when you say states like missisippi, texas, or alabama support gay marriage, THEN it becomes impressive. Now it's just same old.

And legalising pot? Please. That has had country wide support since pot was invented :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom