the leet attitude

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Dont think ive ever used sc aswell and even if i did it wasnt for my main chars:)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Tbh, the thread starter sounds just a bitter as the people he is describing imho. I play this game for fun. I play this game to chat with people, and have a good time. Do I expect succes in rvr? ofc. Does that make me leet? Dunno tbh.- Dont think anyone play to loose, altho i have to agree some people are a bit over the top.. Mainly the greddy toa gits who´m screaming till they get what they want, just to fill up their CM with unpriced artyfacts. Then they sit there jerking off admireing their tresures.. Plz do whine if this is you :)
Honestly, just play prydwen, it tends to be a bit more relaxed, rvr-leetness whise. That said, i have to say i often scream irl when i die ingame ;) But aint that just the same as people playing counter-strike? I think its part of the game to hate your enemies, and get pissed when you get p00ned :)

Stallker

Fledgling Freddie
TBH there are ppl with a so called L33tist attitude, however you cant generlalise this to high RR, certain guilds or lvls ive met loads of ppl form RvR guilds who i get on with very well and there are people of very high RR who like nothing more then to help other guild members/realm members out in rvr/mls etc etc wont name names. There are people who are just gits in this game but they range form lvl 1 ml0 RR1 to being RR12 lvl 50 ml10 you just cant generalise and i think the majority of people are genuinely good people and just get tarnished with a so caled l33tist brush for being in a guild that runs gank groups.

Limitless

Fledgling Freddie
Many people who do have jobs and educations, and still play DAoC when they get home to kill some time, are like that aswell though, but yeah you're right about most of it. Been there myself. There's an invisible force making you play DAoC, and its called addiction. Some people cant control it :)

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
there is no such thing as elite players on a server.

If you would want to profile someone to be elite, you should opt for a person that has the patience to put up with the average low-IQ roaming beasts on a server.

Distancing yourselfe from the mass, isn't an elite attitude.... it ,mostly, is a sign that those ppl are just fed up with the sheer idiocy (carelessness) others run by. After tons of attempts in instructing, helping or teaching their realm mates some "finesse" to it all, they simply ....give up. The "mass" opts for the "whotevah" reply... that makes ppl just give up in attempting. reducing their circle to "willing" comrades.
Since the "willing section" is so small and spread out over a realm with tons of guilds.... they are considered Elite by the mass.

The prominent leaders, raid leaders, are the type of ppl that think somewhat different... they don't think in quality of ppl, they think in quantity of ppl.
Luckely for the mass there is such a thing as big scale events, otherwise they would be stuck..... just stuck.

there is only one problem in this universe.... a HUGE proble...
it can be narrowed down to a mentality problem. One that is based upon basic emotions and drives. To gain and cause pain.

etc....

Cause and effect....just a logical chain of events. If only one would realize the power to it :)

Ashnor

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:

If you would want to profile someone to be elite, you should opt for a person that has the patience to put up with the average low-IQ roaming beasts on a server.

Distancing yourselfe from the mass, isn't an elite attitude.... it ,mostly, is a sign that those ppl are just fed up with the sheer idiocy (carelessness) others run by. After tons of attempts in instructing, helping or teaching their realm mates some "finesse" to it all, they simply ....give up. The "mass" opts for the "whotevah" reply... that makes ppl just give up in attempting. reducing their circle to "willing" comrades.
Since the "willing section" is so small and spread out over a realm with tons of guilds.... they are considered Elite by the mass.

The prominent leaders, raid leaders, are the type of ppl that think somewhat different... they don't think in quality of ppl, they think in quantity of ppl.
Luckely for the mass there is such a thing as big scale events, otherwise they would be stuck..... just stuck.

it can be narrowed down to a mentality problem. One that is based upon basic emotions and drives. To gain and cause pain.

etc....

Cause and effect....just a logical chain of events. If only one would realize the power to it :)

Rofl almost pissed myself reading this, tell me mister "King of the Barrows" do you actually belive what you are saying?:eek2:

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Red HATred said:
Lots of bullshit

Now let me ask you a question. Did you watch matrix 2 before or after writing that load of bolloax?

Elitism is a mentality if you want to label it which is never good. The mentality is that of wishing to optimise and play the most efficently one can while attainting the maximum result. Winning. This is a very wide, vague and not properly explained meaning but it will do for that clown anyway.

While, Roleplayer is also a mentality again also not good. The mentality is the mob mentality. The more we have the easier it is and less I have to do. Meaning the individual can relax and do as little as possible with the greatest return for the least amount of work. Again 2 wide, vague and generally not elaborated upon enough but will suffice for the muppet with all the universes problems.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
Now let me ask you a question. Did you watch matrix 2 before or after writing that load of bolloax?

Elitism is a mentality if you want to label it which is never good. The mentality is that of wishing to optimise and play the most efficently one can while attainting the maximum result. Winning. This is a very wide, vague and not properly explained meaning but it will do for that clown anyway.

While, Roleplayer is also a mentality again also not good. The mentality is the mob mentality. The more we have the easier it is and less I have to do. Meaning the individual can relax and do as little as possible with the greatest return for the least amount of work. Again 2 wide, vague and generally not elaborated upon enough but will suffice for the muppet with all the universes problems.

i actually had a good point, you're just to stupid to understand. I'll narrow it down a bit for you ;-)

Two types of players, those that are interested in the Full game contents (minority), wich include optimizing and reducing all variables to their own competency.
And second group off ppl, also is the vast majority, they haven't got the time or will to spend an equal ammount of time on the same goal. Hereby lacking the same materials or stuff. It makes them flame the minority for elitistic ***** because of their impossibility or rather jealousy. The, in your terms, elite players don't ask to be flamed. They ask to be left alone since grouping up with the majority just frustrates em.

Those ppl (in your terms elite) will mostly roam work in small groups or solo. And those will be Ppl with same interests and goals... hereby ignoring the others... those again become jealous because they have a feeling they are beeing "excluded" (which is in no way the case imo).

the, what you call, LOLPLAYERS, are in NO way the mobbers on a server. To be correct, they are a VAST MINORITY on all servers since most ppl are EGOPLAYERS..(ego is the only role they can handle)

what that title you mentioned got to do with my first writing is a mystery to me.. but then ok. a lot is a mystery to me it seems ;-)
no offence taken by your ignorance btw..

cheers ;-)

ps: if you roam to lose. Personally i think you have a problem. Knowing that you can't win all, loss is something you deal with.. It doesn't make you an elite player to be motivated by victory which is the basic goal and purpose of this all.

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Red HATred said:
i actually had a good point, you're just to stupid to understand. I'll narrow it down a bit for you ;-)

Two types of players, those that are interested in the Full game contents (minority), wich include optimizing and reducing all variables to their own competency.
And second group off ppl, also is the vast majority, they haven't got the time or will to spend an equal ammount of time on the same goal. Hereby lacking the same materials or stuff. It makes them flame the minority for elitistic ***** because of their impossibility or rather jealousy. The, in your terms, elite players don't ask to be flamed. They ask to be left alone since grouping up with the majority just frustrates em.

Those ppl (in your terms elite) will mostly roam work in small groups or solo. And those will be Ppl with same interests and goals... hereby ignoring the others... those again become jealous because they have a feeling they are beeing "excluded" (which is in no way the case imo).

the, what you call, LOLPLAYERS, are in NO way the mobbers on a server. To be correct, they are a VAST MINORITY on all servers since most ppl are EGOPLAYERS..(ego is the only role they can handle)

what that title you mentioned got to do with my first writing is a mystery to me.. but then ok. a lot is a mystery to me it seems ;-)
no offence taken by your ignorance btw..

cheers ;-)

ps: if you roam to lose. Personally i think you have a problem. Knowing that you can't win all, loss is something you deal with.. It doesn't make you an elite player to be motivated by victory which is the basic goal and purpose of this all.
:fluffle:

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Red HATred said:
More deluded bullshit from The One.

You just agreed with what I said and tried to change the words a slighty alter the meaning a little. If your trying to show you have intelligence then your going the wrong way about it. All you do is degrade your self and give alot of people on this board a good laugh. I suspect you know they laugh at you rather than with you but im sure you decided a long time ago it was better to have somebody laughing whether at you or with than not at all. Like a good clown should.

What is with everybody looking at things as black and white? Roleplayers and Elitists, sorry nothing is that simple. There are 50,000 shades or grey inbetween but that something which will prob elude you, dont worry I wont take offence to your ignorance as you say.

Oh and Im glad you dont take offence easily. I suppose you couldnt have got like you are if you did take it easily. Kudos to you, now I wouldnt mind an equally laughable response in the next day or so.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
You just agreed with what I said and tried to change the words a slighty alter the meaning a little. If your trying to show you have intelligence then your going the wrong way about it. All you do is degrade your self and give alot of people on this board a good laugh. I suspect you know they laugh at you rather than with you but im sure you decided a long time ago it was better to have somebody laughing whether at you or with than not at all. Like a good clown should.

What is with everybody looking at things as black and white? Roleplayers and Elitists, sorry nothing is that simple. There are 50,000 shades or grey inbetween but that something which will prob elude you, dont worry I wont take offence to your ignorance as you say.

Oh and Im glad you dont take offence easily. I suppose you couldnt have got like you are if you did take it easily. Kudos to you, now I wouldnt mind an equally laughable response in the next day or so.

since i just clarified my first post in the second one ,it just means your eyes were deceiving your already dead brain.

laughing at or with... it seems you have absolutely no clue.
I contributed to this flaming fest from ppl whom feel excluded, or ppl that feel beneficial at this situation.

so to conclude, you wanted to turn on the heat on me... i subsequently explained my first post in a more commonly understandable way, where in turn you again have to counteract..

i have no clue who you may be... But if you want to compare your intelligence to mine, i would suggest you investigate properly instead of running into a trap blindfoulded.

This whole thread about elite and non elite players... DiD you ever bother to look into the facts?
i'll give you some.
The elite players, as most call them ,are ppl whom spend a lot more time on-line then their counterparts , the non elite.
The elite players spend/have more time in finding ppl that are equal minded as they are, ppl with whom they can spend a lot of time together.

It is a natural fenomena that sub-groups form, if i may define them as sub-groups. Since the ppl that roam more together, get more off everything it is normal that you will have or do things others will dream off.

Then you have the jealousy trait... one that is the base off ppl marking the others as elite players.
Don't forget that the word elite has been given by the jealous players, not the equipped/winning spirited players.
It is normal that ppl whom want to progress a bit don't stick around with the losers. (You can't expect long duration players to wait for ppl that have a RL)
That still doesn't mean it is a mentality trait. It is a fenomena.

If the jealous, unfortunate, non elite players wouldn't keep on foking about with flaming the counterparts and try to find a way in cooperating, or closing the "artificial" gap between both, things would be nice and smooth.

But as facts state, it is easier to flame and blame someone for a problem then it is to construct something usefull.

As for you, you can't be contructive either... you just wanted to toss ur boner into my general direction.

Another reason why that elite-non-elite-mentality shit should stop, is that , without you knowing it, some of the best organisers belong to the so called elite core. Without the Elite, as they mark them, they wouldn't progress jackshit (the non-emite classed)

This proves that the non-elite flaming about the elite are just bullshitting.
There is no such thing as elitism, there is only childisch narrowmindness that is looking for a scapegoat for their personal incompetency. That bullshit is only comming from the non-elite, as they mark them selves as incompetent homefuck by creating the diversity between two non existing factions.

So ppl moaning about elitism are jealous narrowminded frustrated punks ;-)
this leading to my first post, there is no elitism, there are only ppl moaning because they can't do this or that.

About the black and white pattern... it was not I whom stated there are only two things in here... it is the whiners that use the terms "elite" "non-elite". If i count these, i only count two. and those are either black or white to personal interpretation. Personally i realize there is a grey zone...i didn't bother to involve those, because those ppl don't care for anything but their peronal fun.

in here we have:
Black: the rich class, build for exploiting the plebs
Grey zone: working class, the plebs, slaves of the black zone
White: the paupers and newcommers that just can't fit it

vindicator, you're stupid pleb ;-)
rofl :)

i don't blame any of those factions for anything. I blame every individual personally for the lack of cooperation and insight into what it takes to get a "big" community running. Most ppl are just to stupid to realize it and to selffullfilled to know what it takes imo. Take it from me, i won't take it upon me to get things together, i prefer seeds of destruction.

out of role: this stuff in here (in our realm) is a perfect exemple on a small scale why RL is just as shitty (which is on a massive scale) . ppl aren't able to think beyond personal satisfaction and survival... verry wierd, ain't it :)

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Hahaha Red_Hatred please do keep filling us all with your knowledge and those random insults really do boost your position while making you seem correct.

I was always under the assumption that if somebody took shit that seriously or spoke about things like he is trying to they would either A) Be put in a loony bin or B) Kill them selfs from the stress of the knowledge of the universe on their shoulders :D

Either way classic stuff, please keep informing us plebs about daoc and life in general! :)

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
Hahaha Red_Hatred please do keep filling us all with your knowledge and those random insults really do boost your position while making you seem correct.

I was always under the assumption that if somebody took shit that seriously or spoke about things like he is trying to they would either A) Be put in a loony bin or B) Kill them selfs from the stress of the knowledge of the universe on their shoulders :D

Either way classic stuff, please keep informing us plebs about daoc and life in general! :)

gotcha ;-)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
In between all that flame i think red_hatred has a point
General observations of my own experience is that the so-called "elite" players are the ones that discover how to do things in the most optimal, way as you don't have to be in rvr to want to optimise your skill set to a given task.
Example being TG we all remember Danord soloing almost all the mobs in TG before anyone else even realised it was possible. Why does he do it so easily?, simple reason is he knows what mobs to kill to force spawns of what mobs, the mob pathing and where most the safe spots are in the zone. If it wasn't for people like him 90% the guides most "casual" gamers use to do various encounters wouldn't exist.
Wyrd could be regarded as "elite" in the sence he gained a far greater understanding of game dynamics than any "casual" gamer would have dreamed of learning.
At the end of the day it is the people who want to go that little bit further are the ones who are immitated to do things in a "better" way.

But then there is the other side of the coin, most people who want to be the "best" will often only play with people who are of similar "skill" level to them, as a result will alienate most the general populous.

The only reason "elite" people have got a bad name is because of the few very vocal bad eggs so to speak, as said earlier.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
ironheart u make my eyes bleed, plz no more pointless crap PLZZZ :twak:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Chronictank said:
In between all that flame i think red_hatred has a point
General observations of my own experience is that the so-called "elite" players are the ones that discover how to do things in the most optimal, way as you don't have to be in rvr to want to optimise your skill set to a given task.
Example being TG we all remember Danord soloing almost all the mobs in TG before anyone else even realised it was possible. Why does he do it so easily?, simple reason is he knows what mobs to kill to force spawns of what mobs, the mob pathing and where most the safe spots are in the zone. If it wasn't for people like him 90% the guides most "casual" gamers use to do various encounters wouldn't exist.
Wyrd could be regarded as "elite" in the sence he gained a far greater understanding of game dynamics than any "casual" gamer would have dreamed of learning.
At the end of the day it is the people who want to go that little bit further are the ones who are immitated to do things in a "better" way.

But then there is the other side of the coin, most people who want to be the "best" will often only play with people who are of similar "skill" level to them, as a result will alienate most the general populous.

The only reason "elite" people have got a bad name is because of the few very vocal bad eggs so to speak, as said earlier.

spot on.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
"Tell me please. What have you acomplished? You are sitting behind a computer screen, in a world that doesnt excist with more rps then the average and act like you have acomplished something. What is wrong with you people? And tell me, what the hell have you acomplished?"

What have you acomplished with this post ?

"oh, I understand, it was easier to be cool behind a computer screen then in real life, its easier when no one sees the true you. am I not awfully close to the truth?"

No idea really, I find myself utterly unfonzie like both ingame and in real life

"You make people feel bad from time to time, with your lame comments and crap."

So does 99% of the world, from 9.9 people out of the 10 in the room you'r in at the moment to Blair and Bush... Hell, even John Paul II was known to make people feel bad from time to time with his lame comments and crap

Anyway, if you feel you need to post threads like this, maybe it's you who is in the wrong game ?

Erulin the Bloody

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I think a lot of ppl are missing the point here, the elite ppl that every1 whines about are not the skilled optimal players just trying to do there best,every1 likes them ppl.
No the elite players that get whined over are the ppl that THINK they are the best,most skilled players and will do anything to stay that way, the players that spam things like DIE IRLZ PLS M8s FOR ADDING!!!!,u know who i mean the little rejects that think its cool to call every1 else a noob cus they can get more rps by using best class(easy mode),best spec(easy mode),best items(easy mode),
Its these elite ppl that are whined over,nothing to do with jealousy at all more to do with the complete lack of respect these players give to every1 else.
Who knows maybe deep down its them thats jealous cus after all these other players they call noobs are actually having fun and getting rps without needing to make it as easy as possible:)

P.S pls remeber being optial and wanting to win doesnt = elite, being optimal and wanting to win AND thinking everyt1 not like you is a noob= elite

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
I very much agree about this attitude that imo seems to be getting worse and worse as time goes on, at one point it was only on the PVP server that some people acted this way but more recently its become very apparent on the RVR servers as well. its not even the way people talk to you that bothers me in particular either but more the little things.. like 1 person said, a FG finishing off the hibbies after a fight and not even rezzing? i mean if anyone here is reading and they dont so much as rezz the cleric.. come on people help each other out it wont kill you...

the general attitude can also be felt in other area's of the game and other variations of a similar attitude are apparent as well, not many people are willing to group with people they dont know any more... gone are the days when u could just stand on the Pad yelling your class and "LFG" and pretty much every time EVERY class would get an invite if a group had space

Also i dont wanna start a TOA killed it all thread as theres way too many im fed up of reading them.. but artifacts are really bugging me lately you go to see if an artifact i up and b4 u can even get close enough to check someone will yell CAMPED!!!! i went to check tart's on my friar yesterday and some lvl 30ish scout yelled CAMPED at me.. i mean im sorry but if you cant even be bothered to come on your real character that actually needs the artifact.. then im not gonna let you "camp" it, when its something i need...

I have been away from my guild for a while as well as i have been on the pvp server.. but i have come back to find the new crowd selling!!! items to each other in the guild.. i mean OMG in my day you would NEVER EVER ask for money from a guild mate for an item EVER!!!

And i went to do an arti and asked my best friend to help another guildy says "ill help" so ok cool he comes to help and after we have killed it he wants to lotto the damn arti i mean i lotto'd as to not be rude but i would have never even dreamed of asking to lotto an arti that we were specifically doing for someone else.

i dunno if i am just overly friendly or if im stuck in the old ways of dark age of camelot.. but for goodness sake people..

i see threads of people complaining about "beggers" who just asked for 10s to port with..
i see people begging for groups cause they dont have a guild and not a sole is willing to help them..
theres people in rvr who wont let your group run along next to their group
theres people who wont even answer you if you say "any room in grp m8"

i think in general people just need to relax.. daoc used to be the best fun iv had on an mmorpg, i remember when people used to laugh their asses off cause they got wiped 5 times in a row in DF, if that happened now they would prolly boot whoever was responsible instead of helping them and for good measure add a full page of PM's insulting the poor guys family or something.

please folks we all need to be a little more civil to each other

P.S sorry for any bad spelling/grammer/views you dont like/inadvertantly offending anyone/politically incorrectness (if applicable)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Talivar said:
I think a lot of ppl are missing the point here, the elite ppl that every1 whines about are not the skilled optimal players just trying to do there best,every1 likes them ppl.
No the elite players that get whined over are the ppl that THINK they are the best,most skilled players and will do anything to stay that way, the players that spam things like DIE IRLZ PLS M8s FOR ADDING!!!!,u know who i mean the little rejects that think its cool to call every1 else a noob cus they can get more rps by using best class(easy mode),best spec(easy mode),best items(easy mode),
Its these elite ppl that are whined over,nothing to do with jealousy at all more to do with the complete lack of respect these players give to every1 else.
Who knows maybe deep down its them thats jealous cus after all these other players they call noobs are actually having fun and getting rps without needing to make it as easy as possible:)

P.S pls remeber being optial and wanting to win doesnt = elite, being optimal and wanting to win AND thinking everyt1 not like you is a noob= elite

exactly, Wyrd isn't necessarily leet - he's an explorer, he finds things out.

The true "leet" people are the ones that get told the "best" spec (which someone else did all the hard work finding) use someone else's TOA template, copy someone elses RvR playing style and think it makes them better than everyone else :)

Note that making an opted group (with an exact class makeup - not talking "2 healers, some CC and then the rest whatever") no matter who you are is technically being elitist (sorry, can't take you you're not a cleric...) but I think the particular set of people that are branded "leet" tend to be more cliquey - "sorry, can't take you you're not our megameightor! you're not on our irc channel! or more often 'fo noob'".

I'm definitely not l33t ;) but technically I'm an elitist too when it comes to some things - I don't group morons for example :p

Elitist doesn't mean you're good, nor does being good mean you're elitist, it just means you're picky for one reason or another (be it a social one or a "must-win" one or "because someone else does it")

Anarawan

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:

etc....

The Elite Actitude

aafb5825.jpg

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
eragrim said:
I have met many different attitudes among players when playing this game. But what keep bothering me is the "leet attitude", which is something I have never understood. It is one of the strangest things I have ever encountered in my life, and within a human being. There are ofc many players within this game that are "elite" (if you want to call it that) that doesnt match with this attitude at all. But on the other hand, frightning many of our elite gamers in daoc fall into the exact match of this description.

Here comes the description:

* First of all, everything is black or white. Either way you suck or you are leet. There is nothing in between for anything or anyone. That is the wide perspective the "leet attitude" offers.

* Second, you hate the game. These people often say the following things: Omg this game is no skill, omfg mids are so overpowered, all insta, no skill. I hate this game, everything about it sucks.

Here comes the first paradox. You hate the game, and everything about it, and still you play night and day.
Why?

* Excal is no skill, and Prydwen? Lol, full of noobs. You and your fellow "leet" guild members, your group of 8 has tried camlann, you have tried US you have done it all. You got to 50, you did your mls, you did your arties, you rvred. And still, it didnt get better. After a month you are back on your old server, once more whining and moaning about "no skill" and "instas" and how much you really hate the game.

Please answer me, where are the skilled players? Orcanie perhaps? Or do you honestly believe that you are the only skilled player in the world? And once again, why do you play?

* The attitude in game. these people act like the are something. Are inpolite towards others, specially people that are new to the game. they are cocky, in a computer game, because they got more realm points then others. And they know how to solo Jacinas and do Zoark with less then 3 people (just an example).

Tell me please. What have you acomplished? You are sitting behind a computer screen, in a world that doesnt excist with more rps then the average and act like you have acomplished something. What is wrong with you people? And tell me, what the hell have you acomplished?

I thought that this "leet attitude" belong to people at the age of 14 and 17. But no, it does mainly, but surprise. The players with the "leet attitude" are often 20+. Without a job and education, that plays daoc 24/7. And you brag and act like you are someone in a computer game.

oh, I understand, it was easier to be cool behind a computer screen then in real life, its easier when no one sees the true you. am I not awfully close to the truth?

* The bitterness. They are never statisfied with anything, if the group you rvr with loose. You start to flame like a maniac and even logg off on many occasions. And they are hardly ever statisfied with anything.

Cant you see that dark age of camelot turns you into a person that you dont want to be? Bitter, stuck into a game, which you hate (because there is no skill) and worse of all. You arent moving further with your life. You are stuck, and you cant stop to play. Because if you do stop, you have nothing left, nothing at all...

If you fall into this description, think about what you are doing. Your life situation is kinda predictable, not in every case ofcourse, but I really do believe that I am awfully close to the truth here about the leet gamers of daoc.

You make people feel bad from time to time, with your lame comments and crap. Specially here on FH or IRC. This is something right back at you.

Regards

everything is so right :D

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Ok I might be a bit out of date here, just read the first post (don't brows excal forums as much as Im from prydwen myself) and I think the problem lies with ppl who came up with the idea of the "leet attitude". Sure ppl can be rude and harsh, but it's very easy in a game to speak your mind since you don't have to face the consequences. The attitude you speak of doesn't actually have anything to do with the elite players, it's just a state of mind spread around all ppl with different skill levels who doesn't fear to speak their mind cuz' they honestly don't care what ppl say back to you on a game.

I think the phrase "leet attitude" was made up by jelous players who couldn't stand other ppl saying that they were bad or worse than someone else. I'm not saying you're jelous, don't get me wrong but the attitude you speak of has nothing to do with elite players and shouldn't be linked to them.

Ppl who doesn't like the game play because they are addicted, more or less, that should be kinda obvious, game addiction is a well known problem, maybe it's you who don't hear much of the outer world? :p

And to talk about thier real life is just pure sill since you have no idea about it and I can tell you they are not even close to be "all alike".

For the record I'm not trying to defend myself, I don't see down on noobs and I don't get andry when I lose. But to class this attitude to elites is just very wrong and clueless...

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Easily one of the best threads I've seen on FH in a while, actually got people debating something (if you ignore the useless crap from the normal whiners).

Rep given to Eragrim.

Although I would point out I know a few high RR people who are perfectly nice and always helpful even in PVE. I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush although I must admit there are those who are wankers in game and even more so on FH at times :( but then again there are those RR people who also think they're something special because they ran a raid or two :)

And then there's the ones that ARE special, rvr raid leaders who don't do it for an ego boost but actually enjoy it..

sirius

Fledgling Freddie
oi

Very interresting tread, and already now sry for mistypes.

Our guild always tryed 2 be helpfull in all matters, but when some of thoose selfcalled leet players and who else takes advantage of it and screw us over and over again, beeing rude in rvr etc

my fellow guild members and offcourse myself have gotten 2 a point where we recommend guild members not 2 grp with certain guild 's if possible, not rezz etc help with arti.

Sad it has become 2 that

Not more than a week ago "woundt say name" 50 guy, not a old player, spamming me and guildie in aegir with crap noobs, get a battler in your arse etc that kinda, day after he wanna do ml's and wanna join the guild, only thing he got out of it where a msg in guild chat not 2 invite him, my patience is used for selfcalled leet people who rude leet or not.

Haven't sleept yet, so dunno if it's completely crap i'am writing, and also people who can't answer a pm, when u see em jumping around or something cos they feel with the rr high something are 2 leet 2 speak with u, shouldt matter if your on with a low lvl or 50 high rr 2 get a answer can't be so hard 2 answer, and if no time do it when time if u just meeting the alb zerg og make a short one with no time or something, i don't have a problem answer pm's, not that i don't get em and as chief for the Sirius complaint department when bulwye has been online :p

Zill

Loyal Freddie
As Eragrim quite rightly points out the i33t kiddies divide players into either two catagories: i33t and noobs. There is no inbetween. Everything you've ever done in the game becomes irrelevent if you unintentionally get them killed - even if its on one or two occasions, and then you end up being tagged as a noob and renderring yourself persona non grata.

Gamah

Banned
I used to have the "Eliteist" attitude, then I rolled a hib char, I was forced to group with people in RvR I would of ignored when I was back in Albion, I learned a few things, unknown players are not always bad players is one of them. I had some good laughs with all types of people on Hib/prydwen.

Now when I log in to Alb and someone PM's me I genrally respond positivly unless the PM me shit like xxx-excalibur sends: ololololl you noob! as a greating.

Yeah I'm a loud mouth on FH, but thats mostly down to boredem. And to the original poster, you stereotype and whine just like an eliteist.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
rofl i was bored at work and sat reading through the majority of this while red hatred sat in my mind a pleb was prefreable to a rich non roman had more rights and more resepect, so being called a pleb isn't such an insult (pleb=poor roman citizen)

there are the elitist who have a shity attitude and elitist who seem okay guys but have gotten to a point in this game where it bores them,and will only play to their own style.

there are non elitist who prefer pve and only do rvr to play alongside their mates and to pass some time they are competant at the game but are not bothered if they win or lose(like to win but can't always compete with elitist)

and then there are those who just want to be elitist but never will and its these people who generally have shite attitudes who rip of guild vaults and other shite and still have the cheek to stay in hib sorry this was a quick dig at a certain druid)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom