the leet attitude

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
being leet is just thinking your better than everyone else, and ensuring they know your better than everyone else by telling them all the time.

IE im not grouping with you because your rr1.

Now your generalising that the rr1 person isnt any good because if he/she was good they would automatically ding rr5 as soon as they hit 50

IM not grouping with you because you chose this race/class/spec

Now your generalising that they dont know how to play their char

IM not grouping with you because your obviously a mong for calling your ranger leggggggooolllllassssss

Tbh these people need shooting ;)

Anywho being leet isnt being hateful i think i was the leetest person on the US servers because i kept asking the question

Why have i got lvl 5 people in my lvl 20 exp group ?

O well americans ;)

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
Now your generalising that the rr1 person isnt any good because if he/she was good they would automatically ding rr5 as soon as they hit 50

I think most people prefer a high rr char over a low rr in the group since the higher rr char got more utility etc. And people also prefer someone who they know are good at their class.

Awarkle said:
IM not grouping with you because your obviously a mong for calling your ranger leggggggooolllllassssss

Agreed, people with variances of names like that shouldnt get a group at all.

Awarkle said:
Why have i got lvl 5 people in my lvl 20 exp group ?

I have no idea.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Freud said:
Friend of mine told me to read this thread, very nice post and initiative indeed eragrim ;) nice replies as well..

Alot of the enjoyment for many people in DAoC is about getting recognized, must admit that it also kept me playing for a while. I think it has to do alot with how some persons feel the need to uphold themselves and show others how good and far they reached in this game since they probably don't get the same treatment and response in real life. Anyways, takes some time to realise that it's all a game and whatever someone thinks of you here is just imaginary, in the end.

And as for Stajj, I've seen him IRL and I can assure you he's not the "toughie" he's trying to make himself look on these forums/irc ;)

/Tyka

hehe thats something loads of ppl forget?

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:

tbcfh, ppl who call their characters names like "Gimmliez, Legholassz, Gandhalfz etc etc etc, should be forced to crawl through a mile of broken glass. THAT is how much pain they give me every fucking time i see a retarded name like that.

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
tbcfh, ppl who call their characters names like "Gimmliez, Legholassz, Gandhalfz etc etc etc, should be forced to crawl through a mile of broken glass. THAT is how much pain they give me every fucking time i see a retarded name like that.

Gimmliez .. such a pwn name :( :(

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:

Agreeked.

Slipurson

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah ofc.. the name of the char states the skill of the person behind it.. like iamheretomezzyou.. that guy must be a good mezzer.. and Ikillyoufast must be a guy that u should stay away from.. etc etc.. why even bother about the names of chars.. by looking down on them you only proove how shallow and "leet" you are .. since u came up with a really hip and funky name for your own char...

as for the "we dont share RPs" discution.. i dont see why sharing some RPs with low RRs is so horrible.. i mean yeah this game has turned out to be more FG vs FG and 1vs1 (as much as possible) .. but still it is Realm vs Realm and if the low RRs cant get to high RR you wont have any "good enough" ppl to group with when the time comes .. for example Low RR group adds on high RR group gets the whole.. "FFS DONT ADD NOOBS".. 10 min later the low RR group gets attacked by Enemy high RR group and is struggling.. then high RR group comes and in kills the enemy.. but then it is HELPING not ADDING.. until it is rezzingtime.. then it is not helping anymore.. not saying all high RRs are like this but there is alot that are and since they stick out the "kind" high RRs will not turn the discution to "why are all the High RRs so kind" :D

It is even more usual in the stealthwars (ok most.. yes MOST not all.. albs dont care about adding as they are all in the same group/BG: ;)) i have had other stealthers not help me even tho i asked for it (i dont mind dieing just rebuff and port out again) cuz they dont like to add.. but as soon as i die they are quick to kill my killer as they will get full RP for it.. also seen enemies not get help while i kill someone from their side and then as my target is dead i get jumped.. all to get the most RPs out of a kill ...

I know that everyone wants RPs as this is what u need to gain RRs.. but why is everyone afraid of helping someone from their own realm? i think it is A) more RPs for an easy kill... or B) ppl are afraid to "add" as they might get their lifes biggest whine inc if they do.. also connecting back to "i dont wanna share my RPs" .. so i think most things that ppl connect to leet behaiviour is all about the arpees.. sadly.. sure the game is about earning RPs but since it isnt singleplayer i thought it was alittle bit about the community also ;)

This is in no way a whinepost if it looks like it.. it is more a view of what i have seen and see every day.. if ppl want to play that way.. just let them and if they then have alot of friends left .. its good for them :D

we should be glad we all dont play WoW as the itemwhoring and greed and every toon(or Guild) for himself is horrible there (not everywhere but it is much more then in DAoC imho) as you have nothing to gain from working as one as alliance or Horde there..

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
One should always be concerned about your fellow player like wot I is. Take a leaf out of my book and you can't go far wrong. Sensitivity is my middle name along with Thoughtful - Understanding - Mellow - and eh - hell I forgotten one of my middle names - hang on - got it - Humble. As you can see I gotta hell offa long name. Wot does 'Leet' stand for anyways cos I never use such a word.

Hey how the hell am I in Excal section?

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Slipurson said:
Yeah ofc.. the name of the char states the skill of the person behind it.. like iamheretomezzyou.. that guy must be a good mezzer.. and Ikillyoufast must be a guy that u should stay away from.. etc etc.. why even bother about the names of chars.. by looking down on them you only proove how shallow and "leet" you are .. since u came up with a really hip and funky name for your own char...QUOTE]

Hehehe My chars name is Gimpaladin :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Bumping old threads and opening old wounds, not really a good idea tbh.

Slipurson

Fledgling Freddie
Shagrat said:
Its taken you 9 months to think of that reply has it?
nopes but it has gone 9 months and nothing has changed...

doesnt matter if the thread is old.. it is just as acurate now as then.. but then again since nothing had changed i should have done like everyone else and just ignore and go on... :fluffle:

Talivar

Part of the furniture
This 1337 attitude is in the game way to much but the prob is its giving normal high RR rvr guilds a bad name aswell.A lot of ppl i respect have posted in defence of the attitude here but they need to see the prob isnt high rr ppl or ppl who love rvr and guild 8man rvr, the prob isa large % of them ppl also treat every1 else like crap.
You high rr rvr ppl who aint like that will be going ffs not this again but the prob is cus u are high rr and an rvr group u dont get the 1337 treatment from these ppl,they cant look down on you so they act normal wiith you,but to rest of server they act bad.
Its all about hypocritical forced opinion, they like a certain spec/class/setup so everything else is retarded,they like 8 vs 8 so everything else is retarded, ect ect.
Also the part about ppl changing is spot on, ive welcomed so many ppl who have moved to hib,helped them,talked to them, advise them when they ask ....then few months later they in an rvr guild and treating me like a noob :(

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Talivar said:
....then few months later they in an rvr guild and treating me like a noob :(

Thats cos....

nah I cant be nasty to you tali :(

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
i think its a nice post tbh and nice discussion of it. But the like event said its ALOT of shit heads around and almost 50 % of hib is full of wankers that belives they are too good for every1 else. Mid isent as awfull tbh, alb i dunno! But they got rure :D so must be a lot of love there!

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Best..... Post....... ever.........

You nailed it all era!

and i'm not ironic, I agree 100% on every word you said :fluffle:

:worthy: :worthy:

:clap:

Battusai

Fledgling Freddie
i know some l33ts over the web and two irl.

one in the sence of acting childish and crying/whining when killed ,mostly /laughs you when you die

the other one whould refuse a non sc'd char or anyone under rr5 from his grp

best part is,when i was eating they had put my zerker in combat mode and dueld without me knowing,he shit all kinds of collors after i took him afk and unstyled.
my zerker in two years never got sc'd or above rr3 :m00:

for some people this just is not a game,ist a defining peace of there lives

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Battusai said:

That can't be called leetness imo,non sc:ed charaters these days are just useless.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Battusai said:
i know some l33ts over the web and two irl.

one in the sence of acting childish and crying/whining when killed ,mostly /laughs you when you die

best part is,when i was eating they had put my zerker in combat mode and dueld without me knowing,he shit all kinds of collors after i took him afk and unstyled.
my zerker in two years never got sc'd or above rr3 :m00:

for some people this just is not a game,ist a defining peace of there lives
why would they group you over a toa'd berserker o_O
how can you duel without knowing, you have to duel accept :p

Ging

Part of the furniture
last saturday we made Riderich play naked as his mincer was too strong for the group when he was clothed!!

After a few left grp i said he could put his clothes back on and he refused stating "i enjoy it like this!"

Ive heard of naked aggression but not naked leetism? :)

mind u it was amusing to watch him run in yelling with joy, starkers and give NP a good fucking from behind :clap:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
That can't be called leetness imo,non sc:ed charaters these days are just useless.

Not true, many players dont bother with sc and just make templates out of artifacts and dropped loot.

I dont have a single piece of sc'd kit on any of my characters and I do quite well in rvr thanks :)

Sure my template is far from perfect, but isn't the need to have a shining SC template capping everything 1337ness in its most blatant form?

Marc

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
why would they group you over a toa'd berserker o_O
how can you duel without knowing, you have to duel accept :p

hahahahahaha owned!

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:

That's not true... for some chars it's a must but all my chars don't have any sc at all yet and my cleric's closing in on RR8 without EVER having had a sc temp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom