Film The General Film Thread

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
yaaaaaas

aO8b9bR_460s.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Watched Deadpool & Wolverine - good laugh, fantastic movie, just utter silliness from start to finish and lots of easter-eggs/cameos.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Watched Deadpool & Wolverine - good laugh, fantastic movie, just utter silliness from start to finish and lots of easter-eggs/cameos.

Aye. Very good. Lots of laughs, lots of fan service, the two hours flew right by.

Even the woman enjoyed it!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Saw an absolutely raging write-up in the Guardian on Deadpool. Full on rage about the gay jokes and presumably because they didn't let Deadpool fuck Wolverine (or the other way around).

Frankly, I don't know if it happens or not, but the fact that the Guardian was raging so hard means it must be actually funny :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Saw an absolutely raging write-up in the Guardian on Deadpool. Full on rage about the gay jokes and presumably because they didn't let Deadpool fuck Wolverine (or the other way around).

Frankly, I don't know if it happens or not, but the fact that the Guardian was raging so hard means it must be actually funny :)

I can only remember one gay joke in it, and it was very innocuous.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I can only remember one gay joke in it, and it was very innocuous.
Wow. Then that guardian article was waaaaaaaaay ragey.

Edit: To be fair and transparent - I skipped a fair bit of it because I didn't want spoilers, so maybe I've missed a point. But it was indeed a whole article on his pansexuality and how it was largely unfulfilled.

DaGaffer

Wow. Then that guardian article was waaaaaaaaay ragey.

Edit: To be fair and transparent - I skipped a fair bit of it because I didn't want spoilers, so maybe I've missed a point. But it was indeed a whole article on his pansexuality and how it was largely unfulfilled.

Just read the article; the usual tedious wankerism of a person so uninteresting that their sexuality is the only thing they have going for them that could obliquely be considered noteworthy. "Oh noes, a movie version of a character is a bit different from the comic book version I've invested myself in". What a cunt.

Overdriven

I mean if out of the whole movie they found one gay joke (Which I don't even recall) the problem, I can imagine how triggering the one scene where every male and female in the cinema went "I would" because Hugh Jackman is a huge jacked man, then... They have other problems.

It's Deadpool. Not Moana.

I can't wait to see the press reaction to White Chicks 2.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just read the article; the usual tedious wankerism of a person so uninteresting that their sexuality is the only thing they have going for them that could obliquely be considered noteworthy. "Oh noes, a movie version of a character is a bit different from the comic book version I've invested myself in". What a cunt.
Par for the course for a paper that has started capitalising the word 'black', as apparently black must now be a proper noun. Like God.

DaGaffer

I mean if out of the whole movie they found one gay joke (Which I don't even recall) the problem, I can imagine how triggering the one scene where every male and female in the cinema went "I would" because Hugh Jackman is a huge jacked man, then... They have other problems.

It's Deadpool. Not Moana.

I can't wait to see the press reaction to White Chicks 2.

Reading the article the complaint is Deadpool isn't gay enough, because he's "pansexual" (apparently) in the comics. I think the basic objection is the fit girlfriend, without saying it's the fit girlfriend (because everyone loves Morena Baccarin, obviously).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Reading the article the complaint is Deadpool isn't gay enough, because he's "pansexual" (apparently) in the comics. I think the basic objection is the fit girlfriend, without saying it's the fit girlfriend (because everyone loves Morena Baccarin, obviously).
Pan is just bi plus furries. They really want to see him fucking a bloke in a furry costume?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Borderlands movie is fucking terrible.

They've absolutely butchered it.

Not even giving it a 2/10.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Twisters was better than I was expecting it to be.

yea, I liked it too, I was expecting it to be shite without Bill Paxton returning but his female equivalent in Twisters did well. Defo one of my fav movies this year.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Kingdom of the planet of the apes. Not bad at all.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

I seen it. The first 2/3rds are pretty good. Something really stupid happens, immediately followed by something smart, but not smart enough to cancel the stupid imo. The only characters names I remembered were the two androids. Imo quite some missed opportunities were present, as well as a lot of nostalgia callbacks (which I personally didn't mind tbh). I reckon this particular story's pretty much closed off, and this closing could have been avoided easily.

Overdriven

Kingdom of the planet of the apes. Not bad at all.
The best parts were the last 20 minutes.

I seen it. The first 2/3rds are pretty good. Something really stupid happens, immediately followed by something smart, but not smart enough to cancel the stupid imo. The only characters names I remembered were the two androids. Imo quite some missed opportunities were present, as well as a lot of nostalgia callbacks (which I personally didn't mind tbh). I reckon this particular story's pretty much closed off, and this closing could have been avoided easily.

Prometheus: Monday
Alien: Covenant: Monday
Alien: Tuesday
Aliens: Yesterday and Today (2nd half)
Alien 3: Probably today and tomorrow.
Alien 4: Probably Friday
Alien: Romulus: Saturday (Booked)

DaGaffer

The best parts were the last 20 minutes.

Prometheus: Monday
Alien: Covenant: Monday
Alien: Tuesday
Aliens: Yesterday and Today (2nd half)
Alien 3: Probably today and tomorrow.
Alien 4: Probably Friday
Alien: Romulus: Saturday (Booked)

Three of those are total dogshit, one is "meh", two are great. No opinion on Romulus, but I won't be watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom