Film The General Film Thread

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Three of those are total dogshit, one is "meh", two are great. No opinion on Romulus, but I won't be watching.

Literally just finished 3. Jesus that was bad. I expect 4 to be even worse.

At least Romulus will have decent audio mixing.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Obviously Alien movies are going to be subjective, my personal fav in order are

Aliens
Alien

Everything else can suck a fat dick, haven't seem Romulous yet.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Not seen Romulus yet. Aliens remains the best. I liked Resurrection, but you need to have seen Alien 3 for it to make much sense. I liked Prometheus too. Didn't like Covenant that much, except the beginning.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Literally just finished 3. Jesus that was bad. I expect 4 to be even worse.

At least Romulus will have decent audio mixing.

The assembly cut of that is supposed to be better. I remember watching 3 when it was released and being confused and disappointed that Hicks, Newt and Bishop were killed off.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Tbh I only really rate Aliens as a near perfect rendition, closely followed by Alien. I'm not as strongly opinionated on how tripe the others are. I'd probably happily watch any of them.

I recall walking away from the cinema after Romulus with the thought that I only remembered the names of the androids. I didn't remember any of the humans, and I didn't give two shits about what had or had not happened to them. I reckon that quite a bit got left on the editing room floor and there's probably an extended / director's cut version in the works. The cinema version certainly wasn't "long" by any standard and imo some establishment of the characters wouldn't go amiss.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Alien: Romulus - 7/10.

Definitely a cinema experience. Not a huugeeee fan of the last 15m, but was alright. Better than 3 😂

Definitely setting up for a few more films. If you pay attention you can see the exact 2 moments they'll use to start the next film.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I haven't watched Alien Romulus yet but I heard it was heavily inspired by Alien Isolation which imo is the best Alien game ever made.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Two points

First - can we get this re-titled to Movies & TV Shows?

Secondly - just started watching Godfather of Harlem (tv show with Forest Whittaker) its rather good

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
While we're at it, let's combine the football and F1 threads because that makes just as much sense.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Would bang tho.

The bit with the grenade was shit, but I'll set sail when it gets released.

I thought JW4 was crap tbh. They fucked the end of the story. But top marks for 11 bottles of red wine between me and the brother in law and an all 4 John Wick marathon starting at midnight after an all-day sesh.

Some pissups you can be rightly proud of :)

TdC

I'd take the current interest to go see it for sure but tbh it looks a bit meh to me. Last fighting girl movie I liked was Atomic Blonde :-/

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'd take the current interest to go see it for sure but tbh it looks a bit meh to me. Last fighting girl movie I liked was Atomic Blonde :-/
The fuck up here is the "has a new face" part. Setting stories in the universe is fine, it's an interesting setting, but saying she's the next JW instant evokes a "no she's fucking not" reaction which wouldn't be there if it wasn't pushed. It's like Jinx in the Bond movies all over again.

TdC

Yeah I don't reckon a gender swapped JW will work for me. I doubt I can wrap my brain around that. Tbh my main take away is that I need to watch Atomic Blonde again :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom