Film The General Film Thread

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Problem with Deadpool is that this whole trailer could be entirely bullshit. It would be cool if they've gone the TVA route, but also quite surprising.

Every trailer till release will supposedly have a different title. So no one really knows what the final film will be called or the story 😂

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It does look shit. And I'm dissing the casting too - Cate Blanchett in no way looks like an action hero of any sort. Even when she's trying to do "action hero pose" it's just completely unconvincing.

Jamie Lee Curtis can do comedy fine tho.
She looks very much like the character though. I'm more put off by Jack Black as Claptrap. Can Hollywood please find someone to replace him as the head of the 'we need someone zany' list already

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
She looks very much like the character though. I'm more put off by Jack Black as Claptrap. Can Hollywood please find someone to replace him as the head of the 'we need someone zany' list already

Yea, Jamie Lee Curtis does look like Tanis, that's probably the only casting character they got right. I don't mind Jack Black so much for this role, Claptrap is meant to be so annoying that you want to punch his lights out - jack black fills that role well :p Krieg is ok too I guess? its hard to tell, he doesnt say anything in the trailer... the others though? absolute dog shit tier.

Roland is meant to be a 6'4-6'5 muscle bound stoic leader and they gave us Kevin Hart... what the fuck.

Tiny Tina is meant to be absolutely batshit insane 24/7... the one in the trailer seemed quite normal, not even fitting the characters actual persona at all.

Lilith is younger than Kate Blanchett I believe, I don't mind Kate Blanchett, I think she's a fantastic actress but she just doesn't fit Lilith.

Whoever wrote those characters clearly hasn't played the game or understands why people love those characters so much.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Poor Things - The fuck did I just watch? some maximum level batshit craziness

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So then. Dune 2.

Won't do spoilers until people have had a chance to watch it but I'll say despite him having a fuckton to cram in he's done a pretty good job of it. Worth an actual trip to the pics.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So then. Dune 2.

Won't do spoilers until people have had a chance to watch it but I'll say despite him having a fuckton to cram in he's done a pretty good job of it. Worth an actual trip to the pics.

Watched it in IMAX last night. Enjoyed it. Are they making more? I would imagine Messiah would be a rather more controversial watch.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Saw Dune 2 yesterday was alright if you've read the books might get a bit lost otherwise

A little too much woosh and woo on the audio, yes desert is epic, yes the works are cool less posing more plot please

Not sure if it was just cinema i was in but several peeps were clutching their ears the sound was so loud at some points

Also laughed out loud at the arena fight what was up with the weird giant hammerhead hats was so ridiculous

Worth seeing but probably not going to rewatch unless they make more

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Watched it in IMAX last night. Enjoyed it. Are they making more? I would imagine Messiah would be a rather more controversial watch.
He's spoiling for it I think. He's started fiddling quite a lot with the story but hey ho. I can't really remember Messiah but I think he's really wanting to show Paul isn't actually a "hero"

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
In comparison to the later books Messiah should be fine. The rest though, oh boy. Villeneuve has (politely) said he ain't touching them, though I'm sure the studio will have other ideas since all they can see is franchise profits. God Emperor of Dune might be the best book after the first but Herbert must have been off his tits on something when he wrote it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just watched Argylle.

It was indeed a load of crap. But enjoyable crap in a mindless kinda way. And Sam Rockwell cures a lot of ills.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Decided to watch Gran Turismo on a long flight back from Denver - went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

A couple of bits grated - like when they used footage of the Nurburgring during the Le Mans race and the "Bad Boys" style using all the throttle travel to go faster when the pits suggested Jann needed to get a shift on.

Other than that was a decent underdog sports story that was easy enough to watch and had lots of little nods to the game (the on screen graphics, the start countdown sound effects).

IMDB rating of 7.2/10 seems about bang on imo.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure we'll bother - the first one was so shit it poured right out of my mind...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Got a mate who spooges over all things Alien and the trailer hit the right notes, sort of.

I guess I'm jaded and old!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
So then. Dune 2.

just watched it. tbh I felt he was rushing a bit towards the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom