Film The General Film Thread

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I will go with Children of Men as top...but the new mad max at 5...haha...maybe the original.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You'd be hard pressed to describe Fury Road as "Sci Fi" though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Mad Max 5th? fucking really?
I liked the whole list tbh - but the guy who wrote it knows fuck all about what sci-fi is:

17. “Gravity” (2013)
While it’s true that Alfonso Cuaron’s “Gravity,” strictly speaking, does not fall into the sci-fi category (it uses existing tech and is set more or less contemporaneously), the space-set survival tale qualifies for us, more for the very sci-fi sense of wonder and curiosity it embodies.

SCIENCE and FICTION.

Sci-Fi doesn't specify a time. It can absolutely be science-based in the present. It's a fictional story with a scientific precept. Gravity is actually one of the more sciencey sci-fi films in that list.

Edit: Gawd damn you @ECA. Gawd damn you to teh hellz. Was going to edit in just what you said... :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'd say that, traditionally, the fiction in science fiction refers to the science itself (based on actual science but with speculation and advanced bits thrown into the mix). Gravity is just... fiction with science-y bits. Although there doesn't seem to be a single agreed definition.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Here's someones list of the best 50 sci-fi movies, haven't heard of a lot, but this guy rates them..possibly arty farty, gives a good description of each one.

The 50 Best Sci-Fi Films Of The 21st Century So Far

Its only the list for the last sixteen years so its not totally terrible, but...no Predestination, but Looper (which is fucking shite) is in? Cloverfield (terrible) but not Super 8 (best homage to Spielberg until Stranger Things came along)? I'd also have Dredd in there somewhere, and Signs is in there? Jesus.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Just watched Sunshine by Danny Boyle off the list...pretty fucking awesome actually.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Rogue One trailer.

So this movie is episode 3.5? Not a sequel to Episode 7?

Rly, ok.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
There's 8/9 in production ( 8 wrapped shooting I believe ) with a 2 year gap between each film, and a bunch of standalones ( rogue one etc ), every other year.
They paid good money for Star Wars, they gotta milk it for every penny.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
There's 8/9 in production ( 8 wrapped shooting I believe ) with a 2 year gap between each film, and a bunch of standalones ( rogue one etc ), every other year.
They paid good money for Star Wars, they gotta milk it for every penny.
To be fair, it's Disney and since Michael Eisner left they've mostly got a reputation for being canny about not over-milking a franchise. You can make more money on the merchandising anyway so there's no need to. With Star Wars there's plenty of pent-up demand from a long gap and the fact that the last three weren't liked by a large portion of the fanbase anyway. A film every year for the next few years is reasonable at this point.

Wij (Commercial and Brand Management Director of WijFilms Ltd, a Cocksluts Company)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Been to see Secret Life of Pets with my lady friend. We had a great time. There's a whole lot more story than you see in the trailers :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Been to see Secret Life of Pets with my lady friend. We had a great time. There's a whole lot more story than you see in the trailers :)
I think I saw that film a few years ago. It was minging.

Job

Firstly I would like to say I was told it was an 'art' film, and I was informed that Kidd was a Goat.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Watched Sicario last night - I know it's got a lot of fans on here, I'd say it was above average.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Agreed, not as good as it was made out to be. Decent enough though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Watched tropic thunder last night (I generally refuse to watch anything with Jack black in) thought it was great.

Job

Loving Ballers, it just keeps getting better.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Rogue One trailer.

So this movie is episode 3.5? Not a sequel to Episode 7?

Rly, ok.

It's about the theft of the original Death Star plans, which happened right before Episode IV. What's exciting a lot of people is the thought that Darth Vader might turn up at the end and wipe the shit out of all of them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe if Donald Trump ever ends up in some permanent vegatative state some bright spark will peg his eyes open and force him to watch that sort of shit until he dies.

Job

Generic, but they make me smile by perfectly executing jokes I allready know.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Independence day 2. Cheesy as fuck throughout, loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom