Film The General Film Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They certainly have in @Scouse's mind. Trying to remember when the UK has threatened to use tactical nuclear weapons.
I said major. We're a fucking minnow.

Trump was overt in his support for tactial nuclear weapons and has continued to say he'd threaten to use them since he was ousted, Biden has gone "full steam ahead" despite campaigning on a platform that opposed them.

Russia. Well, seriously.

I mean, we could go through the others - but those two, right there. Do you need any more?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I said major. We're a fucking minnow.

Trump was overt in his support for tactial nuclear weapons and has continued to say he'd threaten to use them since he was ousted, Biden has gone "full steam ahead" despite campaigning on a platform that opposed them.

Russia. Well, seriously.

I mean, we could go through the others - but those two, right there. Do you need any more?
Fuck me, 225 warheads can still do serious fucking damage. The West won't use nukes unless China/North Korea/Iran or Russia do so first.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fuck me, 225 warheads can still do serious fucking damage. The West won't use nukes unless China/North Korea/Iran or Russia do so first.
And to go back to my original point - what was my actual concern?

Oh yes. I was hoping that nothing in Chris Nolan's new film glorified nuclear weapons.

Aaaaaand. Oh. That's it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
And to go back to my original point - what was my actual concern?

Oh yes. I was hoping that nothing in Chris Nolan's new film glorified nuclear weapons.

Aaaaaand. Oh. That's it.
You are frothing. The West (USA) won't use tactical nukes unless someone else does so first, the political fallout would be too great. Sorry to burst your bubble but nukes are going nowhere no matter how much you froth and rant. That leaves the usual suspects, Russia/China/North Korea and Iran. Go take a flight to one of those countries and start protesting. See you in 30 years or so if you are lucky.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
.........aaaanyway.................... it's a film thread, right?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
"I hope Oppenheimer doesn't glorify nukes" is frothing?

You've a really low bar for "frothing" m8.
I am not frothing, just realise facts, nukes are here for at least another 1 or 2 generations.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
So...

Anyone seen it yet? The one liner reviews I'm seeing are basically saying this:

- best looking film ever.
- no story line. It's a 3h FX demo.

Embattle

FH is my second home
"I hope Oppenheimer doesn't glorify nukes" is frothing?

You've a really low bar for "frothing" m8.

And as usual you managed to find it :p

So...

Anyone seen it yet? The one liner reviews I'm seeing are basically saying this:

- best looking film ever.
- no story line. It's a 3h FX demo.

It isn't something I'm dieing to see.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just finished watching Glass Onion, its quite good but I think the first one was better still tbh.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yesterday, very pleasant film. ...and Lily James...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Off to see Avatar 2 tomorrow (now that everyone has fucked off to work/school). Honestly don't care about the story, it'll be a visual feast and what's wrong with that. The first one is amazing.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Off to see Avatar 2 tomorrow (now that everyone has fucked off to work/school). Honestly don't care about the story, it'll be a visual feast and what's wrong with that. The first one is amazing.

Schools are shut tomorrow.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thinkimg of the same some time this week or next. Cameron's earned a bit of leeway and if he's making a ham-fisted environmental statement then I'm all good with it.

I hadn't heard ost so I checkdd and it's doing great money in the box office apparently. So so much for it flopping.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Not all, wife is back tomorrow.

Yeah, it's an inset day, but we don't have to go in because of the extra day because of the queen dying or something? I don't understand.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Thinkimg of the same some time this week or next. Cameron's earned a bit of leeway and if he's making a ham-fisted environmental statement then I'm all good with it.

I hadn't heard ost so I checkdd and it's doing great money in the box office apparently. So so much for it flopping.

Visually stunning, the switching between 24fps and 48fps is a curious choice for dramatic purposes apparently, although it didn't really affect the film. The story won't win any oscars but I enjoyed it. The underwater sequences, especially the climax, are gobsmackingly gorgeous. Cameron really is pushing film technology extremely hard. No wonder he waited for so long to do this sequel.

You gotta see it in 3D IMAX. I think it ends its run on the 5th.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You gotta see it in 3D IMAX. I think it ends its run on the 5th.
How can it be finishing so quickly?! It's creaming everything else at the box office.

It's tomorrow night or nothing I guess.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I dunno I just checked the online stuff at the cinema and both Odeon and Vue end on the 5th.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I dunno I just checked the online stuff at the cinema and both Odeon and Vue end on the 5th.
Booked tickets. Nearest IMAX is in fucking Broughton - an hour and ten away. I'll be dead on Thursday.

At least I've got Friday off :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom