Film The General Film Thread

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Watched Bullet Train. 7/10.

Silly fun movie, easy watch. Probably watch it again.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just watched Jeepers Creepers: Reborn

What a pile of shit.

I enjoyed the first 2 Jeepers Creepers movies, by the third one it'd died pretty much... this had an opportunity to see it return to the glory of the first 2 but nope, they missed the mark big time.

1/10

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So I saw the trailer for The Woman King, and being a bit of a history buff I thought I'd read up about the story before heading off to the cinema. Fuck me, these "warrior women" are literally the bad guys IRL, going around grabbing slaves left right and centre and the whole movie has completely reversed the story as the British baddies were trying to stop them slaving.

We may have reached beyond Mel Gibson levels of Hollywood "history" movies.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So I saw the trailer for The Woman King, and being a bit of a history buff I thought I'd read up about the story before heading off to the cinema. Fuck me, these "warrior women" are literally the bad guys IRL, going around grabbing slaves left right and centre and the whole movie has completely reversed the story as the British baddies were trying to stop them slaving.

You but for saying that, you are *checks notes* a filthy racist.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

I've not seen it, but apparently they allude to the fact they're possibly the bad guys for about 2 seconds then it's forgotten about. When the Slave Trade is involved and the British come out looking like the good guys then you know there is a problem.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the pitch meeting for this; "this movie has been made twice. Amazingly, both were absolute classics, we can do better".

It's as good as both, and quite interesting to see it through a different (German) lens.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Banshees of Inisherrin; I really enjoyed it, but my missus thought it was "brutal". Definitely a Marmite movie.

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the pitch meeting for this; "this movie has been made twice. Amazingly, both were absolute classics, we can do better".

Have you watched it yet DaGaffer? Your comment made me laugh. Wonder if they've managed to score a hat trick .

I've not seen the originals but i enjoyed this(German language version obviously :p ). It was "nice" to see part of the war from the German perspective. That they had young men being sent to the slaughter too, who had friendships, aspirations etc. No doubt that's obvious anyway, but easy for me at least to forget that the other side are humans when watching these types of films.

Didn't expect to see Daniel Brühl turn up in the film either. Haven't seen him in anything apart from Inglorious Bastards.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've not seen the originals but i enjoyed this(German language version obviously :p ). It was "nice" to see part of the war from the German perspective. That they had young men being sent to the slaughter too, who had friendships, aspirations etc. No doubt that's obvious anyway, but easy for me at least to forget that the other side are humans when watching these types of films.
A friend has recommended it. But it's an important point about soldiers.

Just don't say that about the Russians though. Or you'll get jumped on.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

I was gonna post last night that it appears those missiles could actually be Ukrainian but then I figured it's not worth the hassle because I'll just get shouted at for loving Putin or some bollocks.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They could well be ground to air missiles gone wonky. But it's funny listening to Russia wet themselves over allegations about something they may well have not actually done. Very different tone compared to when they are denying shooting down passenger airlines or bombing hospitals and the like.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Watched Where the Crawdads Sing, quite liked it.
Also worth a watch is No Limit, a french diving movie. It's supposedly totally fictional, but it's a massive "F*CK You" to someone IRL.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Thanks for proving my point with your double-standard facepalm @Embattle :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
John Carpenter going to Executive Produce a reboot of Escape from New York

Not that I hold my breath for remakes these days, I do hope he doesn't bugger the legacy of the original up

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
John Carpenter going to Executive Produce a reboot of Escape from New York

Not that I hold my breath for remakes these days, I do hope he doesn't bugger the legacy of the original up
Such a great film.

I get why they're doing it (money). But they really shouldn't bother.

It'll be Big Trouble in Little China next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom