Film The General Film Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The actual fuck? You always moan about when trailers give too much away, now this? Wuuuut
The trailer is shit. It's just Indy jumping about.

You can give the premise of a movie without spoilers. Some might say that's the whole point - the thing that gets you interested.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull broke Indiana Jones for me. Just showing pictures of an aging Harrison Ford in action scenes isn't enough to entice me back - in fact, the opposite - it's a depressing reminder of what we've lost.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is first and foremost a brilliant story. On top of that they had amazing but believeable stunts (because Jack Dearlove is a great, real, stunt double). But story is king.

For the new film they need to sell it on story. That trailer reminded me of CG monkeys fighting nazis and nuclear fridge explosions.

It screams "we didn't learn anything from the last debacle - here's some more utter shit in the same vein - you'll fucking suck it down just because it's Indy, won't you, retards".

Nope. No I won't. If they want me to pay, they need to do better.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just watched it again @Gwadien - just to double check I'm not just being an old cunt.

That last scene - he whips the table, tells people to get back, the pull out their guns to shoot him.

It's so dumb. Utterly retarded. That should never make it off the page. They should shoot him, that should be the end of the movie right there.

It kills any suspension of disbelief.

Trailer was holding me until that point. Then they broke it. And I'm experienced enough to know after watching thousands of films that it probably means the film will be tawdy, sentimental shite - especially compared with Raiders. :(

Edit: Could just be being touchy because my childhood keeps on getting shat on.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am not sure if it's a serious film...none of them were.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am not sure if it's a serious film...none of them were.
Serious? No. But shit?

I'm pretty sure Monty Python's Life of Brian wasn't a serious film either. And neither was it shit.

Raiders wasn't a serious film, and neither was it shit. But Crystal Skull sucked the sweat off a dead mans balls.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just watched it again @Gwadien - just to double check I'm not just being an old cunt.

That last scene - he whips the table, tells people to get back, the pull out their guns to shoot him.

It's so dumb. Utterly retarded. That should never make it off the page. They should shoot him, that should be the end of the movie right there.

It kills any suspension of disbelief.

Trailer was holding me until that point. Then they broke it. And I'm experienced enough to know after watching thousands of films that it probably means the film will be tawdy, sentimental shite - especially compared with Raiders. :(

Edit: Could just be being touchy because my childhood keeps on getting shat on.

It's just a trailer, and for once it isn't giving away the whole story.

FWIW I will watch it for one reason; the director is James Mangold, who did Logan and Le Mans 66, so definitely has the chops for "old hero's last hurrah" and "60's period piece"; he's an excellent director

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just got around to watching Wakanda Forever. I still find the Wakanda stuff problematic, but I actually thought this was better than the first one. I am rather struggling to maintain much interest in the MCU though.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
It better not glorify nuclear weapons in any way or I'll completely change my mind about Nolan (who I think is great, tbh).
From the tone of the trailer and how after the war Oppenheimer was dedicated to trying to control the proliferation of nuclear weapons as much as possible, that seems unlikely.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
From the tone of the trailer and how after the war Oppenheimer was dedicated to trying to control the proliferation of nuclear weapons as much as possible, that seems unlikely.
Agree, but given the fact that all major owners of nuclear weapons have been making noises about normalising the idea of the use of "tactical" nukes then I'll be laser-focussed on it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Agree, but given the fact that all major owners of nuclear weapons have been making noises about normalising the idea of the use of "tactical" nukes then I'll be laser-focussed on it.

No they haven't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom